Home Ratings & Reviews

La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero

betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
Nice stick, not as strong as people have been telling me it is though. Probably also not my favorite LFD, but good none the less. Enjoyed the flavors, from a nice earthy flavor to vanilla, espresso, and even citrus. I have a feeling I'd like the maduro better. Also, the chisel vitola sort of messed up the draw for me I think. The full review is on my website. Anyone else have thoughts on the draw?

Comments

• sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Nice review. I just picked one up at my B&M a couple of weeks ago, so I think I'm going to fire it up tonight. I've read on another thread that with the chisel, you don't need to cut the cap- you can just squeeze the sides and it will pop open.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    sightunseen:
    Nice review. I just picked one up at my B&M a couple of weeks ago, so I think I'm going to fire it up tonight. I've read on another thread that with the chisel, you don't need to cut the cap- you can just squeeze the sides and it will pop open.
    Yup, though sometimes it needs cut. great cigar the chisel maduro is.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    betasynn:
    Nice stick, not as strong as people have been telling me it is though. Probably also not my favorite LFD, but good none the less. Enjoyed the flavors, from a nice earthy flavor to vanilla, espresso, and even citrus. I have a feeling I'd like the maduro better. Also, the chisel vitola sort of messed up the draw for me I think. The full review is on my website. Anyone else have thoughts on the draw?
    Maduro is MUCH better!!!!
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Which numeric vitolas are the chisels on this cigar? It's hard to tell online...
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    docbp87:
    Which numeric vitolas are the chisels on this cigar? It's hard to tell online...
    +1 I'd like to know that as well
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Is this the one from last month's Cigar of the Month? If so, I had no burn issues whatsoever - possibly the most razor sharp burn Ive ever had in fact. Got REALLY in-your-face earth & vanilla for about the first third, then it mellowed out nicely. Funny how two different sticks in the same size can differ so much sometimes isnt it?

• betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Bought it at my local B&M. The numbers aren't used for the chisel, I don't think? Could you PM me where you see just numbers? The 600, 660, and 700 are all non-chisels.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    lilwing88:
    betasynn:
    Maduro is MUCH better!!!!
    agreed.

still not my favorite LFD. I know i said before that the LFD DL maduro is my go to cigar for LFD but i think its switching quickly to the air bender.

however... a DL maduro sounds good. I hope i have on in my humidor. id love to have one tonight.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    The DL Maduro (chisel) is one of my top 5 or 10 cigars and my favorite LFD. The Airbender is also good, but I'm a huge fan of maduros in general, so that shoulnd't surprise anyone that I like the DL Maduro better. I have a couple of the DL in the sumatra wrapper, though I haven't tried them.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    illinoisgolf99:
    docbp87:
    if it has a number, it's not a chisel.
    the Maduro is one of my absolute favorites. I have one chillin in the humi as we speak. The Double Ligero is a phenomenal stick though. LFD is one of my favorite brands.
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    dennisking:
    illinoisgolf99:
    docbp87:
    if it has a number, it's not a chisel.
    the Maduro is one of my absolute favorites. I have one chillin in the humi as we speak. The Double Ligero is a phenomenal stick though. LFD is one of my favorite brands.
    The King returneth! Where the hell have you been?
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    For all you DL Maduro lovers out there - you gotta try the LFD Cabinet Natural Oscuro. I've now smoked two of them and both were outstanding!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    TatuajeVI:
    For all you DL Maduro lovers out there - you gotta try the LFD Cabinet Natural Oscuro. I've now smoked two of them and both were outstanding!
    i agree. that is a great smoke. i think i have one with a bit over a year on it in my humidor. i cant wait to light that guy up.