Home Non Cigar Related
Options

anyone into r/c cars,trucks boats?

just wondering if anyone is into radio control? i run on the weekends on 1/8 scale on-road cars,just wondering if anyone else is into them

Comments

• Options
    TheedgeTheedge Posts: 316
    My brother and I got into planes a few years back. It was pretty fun, but also time consuming. The plane now sits next the golf clubs, near the guns, opposite the guitars, close to the drums.
  • Options
    nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    I have a 1/10 scale Traxxas Bandit and Rustler, both electric and both from about 9 years ago. Was going to get pretty intense in to them, but ended up interchanging their parts to make hybrid of the two. I've gone through and destroyed about 5 remote control planes in aerial dog fights with other people and I also have a glider that I would like to get airbourne this year.

Hey djfish, what brand is your 1/8 scale?
  • Options
    thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    i could never get into planes,besides no real place to fly them in the city,
    my 1/8 scales are kyosho inferno gt2 more like a 1/7 scale,heavily modded so i dont have to worry about and probs later on, just fuel ,fire and drive
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    I had a hornet or something of that nature a few years ago. It was fun, but I ended up giving it to a nephew a few years later.
  • Options
    turn_keyturn_key Posts: 90
    I've got an older Associated RC10GT and a Bolink electric on-road but it's been a long time. There is a hobby shop near the house that sets up a track in their parking lot on Sunday that I've watched.

When I was younger it was all I did. I got bit by the r/c bug when I saw a friend's Tamiya Grasshopper run. I couldn't believe how fast it was compared to the store bought cars. There was an indoor track converted from a gas station garage I used to go to. The bench fee was a few dollars an hour and they had both dirt and carpet track. I started out with a Tamiya Blackfoot.

My RC10 needs a new engine. I've had a few people look at it but no luck. I think when my son gets older I'll get it going again. I've bought him a few small cars we play with in the house so he seems interested.
  • Options
    thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    there was a fgew hobby shops that setup tracks,now only in the suburbs, we get together in elmhurst to run the cars mostly onroads we try to get faster and faster, i think im at my limit now,