Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

My Father Le Bijou 1922

sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
Three words describe this cigar: Spice, spice ,and spice. Who knew such a small cigar could be such a kick in the mouth? While I enjoyed the hell out of this stick, the spice was a tad too much for me. Full review is at wbfiller.com.

Comments

• Options
    Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    Have you had a Cuban Classic by DPG btw? How does it compare?
  • Options
    teebone673teebone673 Posts: 111
    Renaissance_Man:
    I found the Le Bijou to be much less spicy than the Cuban Classic. I was actually expecting much more spice from the Le Bijou. Both great sticks. Both powerhouses. 2 of my top 5 sticks, actually.
  • Options
    teebone673:
    Renaissance_Man:
    I found the Le Bijou to be much less spicy than the Cuban Classic. I was actually expecting much more spice from the Le Bijou. Both great sticks. Both powerhouses. 2 of my top 5 sticks, actually.
    Weird, I found the Le Bijou to be spicier than the Cuban Classic. It's been a while since I've had a CC, so I might have to pick some up to refresh my palate.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I found this cigar rather mild and very bland. I love the look of it though.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    You DO smoke Opus Xs for breakfast, haha. The Le Bijou's wrapper is gorgeous.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    sightunseen:
    phobicsquirrel:
    You DO smoke Opus Xs for breakfast, haha. The Le Bijou's wrapper is gorgeous.
    lol...
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    The Petite Robusto is one of my favorite sticks. Lasts around an hour, jam packed with flavor and complexity.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Had one and was entirely unimpressed. Actually, I smoked several from the My Father line and thought they all were pretty much exactly the same (not good). I put all of them out early as I recall. Funny thing is these get pretty good reviews from a lot of people - I think I smoked 2 of the My Father, one My Father Cedros Deluxe, and one Le Bijou. I figured that was giving the line a solid try and I definitely won't be buying more.
  • Options
    TatuajeVI:
    Had one and was entirely unimpressed. Actually, I smoked several from the My Father line and thought they all were pretty much exactly the same (not good). I put all of them out early as I recall. Funny thing is these get pretty good reviews from a lot of people - I think I smoked 2 of the My Father, one My Father Cedros Deluxe, and one Le Bijou. I figured that was giving the line a solid try and I definitely won't be buying more.
    I've had the My Father and liked it better than the Le Bijou. I have a Cedros I plan on having tonight so I'll see how it compares. The Le Bijou was just too spicy for me.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Did you get to the Cedros, Tony?
  • Options
    TatuajeVI:
    Did you get to the Cedros, Tony?
    I did and I didn't like it. Couldn't put a finger on why the flavors were so awful. I threw it away after smoking half of it. I'll stick with the original My Father, methinks
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    This one has been on my shoping list far a while, the regular my father is really good with a spicy sweet leather thing going on
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigfnsteve is such a bigfnbomber that he sent me one of these finefnsticks. Took it to the garage with RateMyCigar app on my android to produce my first noob review:

It looks funny. A robusto only four and a half inches long, and half that four and a half is covered with labels. The wrapper appears to have been painted black, is nearly odorless and flavorless. Uncaps easily. Draws very well unlit, no doubt because it's so short. A slight earth flavor. No complaint with the construction.

Lit easily toasting the foot with one match. Tasted hot on the first draw; again no doubt because so short. But this mellowed out in the first quarter inch and after a bite of brownie. Strong pepper and hickory and pepper. A third way along, it turned to pepper and horehound and hickory. I like horehound, but I don't care for this. Coors didn't help wash it away, and I had run out of brownie. I was doing manly deeds to motorcycles, with steel in hand, so this cigar lived on the edge of the workbench the whole while. Burnt perfect just laying there, steady and slow. That was good, because it actually smelled up the garage very pleasantly, and made a grand skeeter repellent. But each time I hit on it, I thought: "You know, this would be a fine cigar for a guy who likes a dark maduro." Maybe when I grow up and stop being such a sissy noob I'll go for such things. Now, not so much.

I tossed it in the nub jar with plenty left after an hour. I had next to no stinkfinger. Next morning, I had a wet wheeze and a foul morning mouth.

Two stars for me

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost:
    Bigfnsteve is such a bigfnbomber that he sent me one of these finefnsticks. Took it to the garage with RateMyCigar app on my android to produce my first noob review:

It looks funny. A robusto only four and a half inches long, and half that four and a half is covered with labels. The wrapper appears to have been painted black, is nearly odorless and flavorless. Uncaps easily. Draws very well unlit, no doubt because it's so short. A slight earth flavor. No complaint with the construction.

Lit easily toasting the foot with one match. Tasted hot on the first draw; again no doubt because so short. But this mellowed out in the first quarter inch and after a bite of brownie. Strong pepper and hickory and pepper. A third way along, it turned to pepper and horehound and hickory. I like horehound, but I don't care for this. Coors didn't help wash it away, and I had run out of brownie. I was doing manly deeds to motorcycles, with steel in hand, so this cigar lived on the edge of the workbench the whole while. Burnt perfect just laying there, steady and slow. That was good, because it actually smelled up the garage very pleasantly, and made a grand skeeter repellent. But each time I hit on it, I thought: "You know, this would be a fine cigar for a guy who likes a dark maduro." Maybe when I grow up and stop being such a sissy noob I'll go for such things. Now, not so much.

I tossed it in the nub jar with plenty left after an hour. I had next to no stinkfinger. Next morning, I had a wet wheeze and a foul morning mouth.

Two stars for me

Respect the Le Bijiou....maybe you just a ready for this stick yet my man. This is def in my Top 5 and the petite robusto is my fav size. Hope you revisit this stick down the road and will have a different opinion..if not its all good. I keep plenty on hand myself.
  • Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    I've had the robusto, which I enjoy, I got a few box pressed torpedo's I think I'm gonna smoke one this afternoon
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    Same.
  • Options
    stadstad Posts: 396 ✭✭
    docbp87:
    The Petite Robusto is one of my favorite sticks. Lasts around an hour, jam packed with flavor and complexity.
    I was gifted one from bigfnsteve awhile back and I literally order a box of the petite robusto's mid smoke. These are in my top five favs now. Thanks Steve!
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What can I say? Pearls before swine.

I'm gonna tackle another bigfnstick tonight. Let you know how it goes.

These bigfnBOTLbombers are bigfn awesome. Tween steve and mike, top tray of my new box is stuffed with top tier sticks that I would never have thought to pick up and try on my own. And if it wasn't for kuzi, I wouldn't know which end of the match to rub on the box. Tellin ya, this forum is tremendous.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    The folks on here are damn good guys. You'll build your pallet along the way it just takes a little time and some good smokes!! Welcome by the way!
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    The petite robusto is an awesome smoke.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Direwolf:
    +1. 'Nuff said.

(Which reminds me, I need to re-up on another box of these soon.)

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Petit Robusto is an amazing cigar. Smokes like a chimney but also has the complexity to get your brain moving. The dark sweet wrapper had me at hello.
  • Options
    Direwolf:
    I just got a second box for aging so I can smoke up the first one. These have become a regular for me, love them!
  • Options
    bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    webmost:
    What can I say? Pearls before swine.

I'm gonna tackle another bigfnstick tonight. Let you know how it goes.

These bigfnBOTLbombers are bigfn awesome. Tween steve and mike, top tray of my new box is stuffed with top tier sticks that I would never have thought to pick up and try on my own. And if it wasn't for kuzi, I wouldn't know which end of the match to rub on the box. Tellin ya, this forum is tremendous.

Brother it was my pleasure! Enjoy`em! Have you smoked anything else I gave you?
  • Options
    bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    stad:
    The folks on here are damn good guys. You'll build your pallet along the way it just takes a little time and some good smokes!! Welcome by the way!
    Glad you enjoyed it bro... i need to order another box. Once I get a f`n cooler set up.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    The LB 1922 is a phenomenal cigar, and the petite robusto is definitely my favorite size. I don't know if it's because it's the best in the line, or if its just because it impresses me so damn much every time I smoke one at how complex the little bastards are.

either way, I'm running low... it's box time.
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    The Bijou Connie is pretty awesome.
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Smoking a My Father Le Bijou box pressed torpedo. The construction is perfect but lack complexcity and round flavor and aroma. The harshness is also bothering me. I am not going to buy this again. A decent cigar but maybe not for me.
  • Options
    allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    The only Le Bijou I have tried was from the Ccmon forum sampler. It was the box pressed torp, but seemed to burn rather fast for the size. I think it was a good smoke, but I'm not sure it was worth the prices I see in B&Ms.

Then I saw a box of the Le Bijou Petite Robustos on the sprintsale last night and broke into a cold sweat. Inexplicable! I think I may need to try a few more before I form a final option.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    allsmokedup:
    The only Le Bijou I have tried was from the Ccmon forum sampler. It was the box pressed torp, but seemed to burn rather fast for the size. I think it was a good smoke, but I'm not sure it was worth the prices I see in B&Ms.

Then I saw a box of the Le Bijou Petite Robustos on the sprintsale last night and broke into a cold sweat. Inexplicable! I think I may need to try a few more before I form a final option.
    ....these are finally back on the sprintsale again?!?!?!?!?
    (you probably shouldn't have told me that)
    game on!

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *