Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet Robusto

So I had this cigar last night and find the task of identifying the flavors and rating the cigar is going to be much more difficult than I thought. I feel it had a great flavor, not too sweet and not bitter at all, clear til the nub. I was pleasantly impressed with the effort on the draw and the amount of smoke produced. While lit the cigar itself smelled sweet and the flavor changed a little to me while exhaling through my nose. It definately has a sweet spot about an inch in and doesn't stop. I really enjoyed the cigar. Now as for the flavors in it that I should be detecting...No idea. I could taste an array of flavors, just couldn't identify them. A little help here would be appreciated. Stay tuned for the Gurhka Legend Review in a new thread! -Matt

Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Cool Matt, nice review.

Don't feel discouraged that you can't identify the specific flavors, it takes time to develop your palette, one way I've heard of is to read a review and then match your experience to it, sometimes having a starting point and something to look for helps.

Joe
  • Options
    bass8844bass8844 Posts: 416
    Matt, What size did you burn? I have a shipment on the way, so I'm getting excited reading these reviews!
  • Options
    bass8844bass8844 Posts: 416
    Ooopppsss! I must be really excited because I didnt even see robusto until I already put my post!
  • Options
    matt.hickeymatt.hickey Posts: 54
    j0z3r:
    one way I've heard of is to read a review and then match your experience to it, sometimes having a starting point and something to look for helps.

Joe
    No one has written a review for the Cuban Cabinets or for the Gurhka Legend but I plan on looking ahead to look for reviews about the cigars I am going to smoke to help me out. Good Avice Thanks. -Matt
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    I have had 2 Gurkha legends, but I'm in the same boat as you. I have a hard time identifying the flavors. They were both excellent, but I preferred the torpedo over the churchhill. The torpedo just seemed to have a much easier draw, and it produced better smoke and more flavor in my opinion. It is my favorite smoke so far in my limited experience.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    matt.hickey:
    j0z3r:
    one way I've heard of is to read a review and then match your experience to it, sometimes having a starting point and something to look for helps.

Joe
    No one has written a review for the Cuban Cabinets or for the Gurhka Legend but I plan on looking ahead to look for reviews about the cigars I am going to smoke to help me out. Good Avice Thanks. -Matt
    I knew I had seen an article posted here, so I went digging. It was written by one of the forum members here, kuzi16, and addresses developing your palette. It is a pretty informative article and my hat is off to him for this one. Just follow the link at the bottom.

Click for article.
  • Options
    6clicks6clicks Posts: 34
    I'm learning too. Very good article.
  • Options
    I had a Cuban Cabinet torpedo this morning. What a great cigar. Smooth, creamy, woody flavor. Great smoke, nice draw, and even burn. I'll add this to my list of "smoke again" cigars :)
  • Options
    KamelyonKamelyon Posts: 109
    the Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet is by far my favorite smoke. I didn't like the torpedo as much, which is strange for my tastes, because I usually like the torpedos best in any blend.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Nice, I picked up a couple , churhill due to the good things Alex said. I'm looking forward to it. I have the same problems with identifying certain flavors, but maybe down the road I will be better at it, well I have the same issues with wine, so maybe not... grrrr.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Nice to hear these are so good. I just found a deal where I can get 16 of them for about $30... I guess I'm gonna have to act on that one!
  • Options
    The SC Cuban Cabinet really is a great cigar. Nice pepper on the light and a good strong, but not overpowering, body throughout. These and the Perdomo Habano are my favorite "value for your dollar" habanos.