Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

500th post contest - GAME ON

Im a bit away from my 500th post. So, I guess its contest time. I like jumping on bandwagons... and post count games seem to be popular....lol. Here is the cool part... No idea the prize, and even better, no idea on the contest yet. But ill think up something.

Anyone up for a balloon race around the world? Oh wait, that was done once. ...well... I'll think of something. Always up for suggestions too. ( X ) prize to be declared on my 500th post. Game to be determined. Might be drunk later, that should get me thinking fun....

Comments

• Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    What do you mean "might be drunk?" Where are your priorities? You get that damn bottle and start pounding!!
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    undulac:
    What do you mean "might be drunk?" Where are your priorities? You get that damn bottle and start pounding!!
    Undulac sent this from his mobile phone while he was on his way to an AA meeting! LOL JUST KIDDING!!! :-D

• Options
    NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    OK! Im at work this AM - dont usually work on saturdays, but im sure many of you have seen me posting... FROM WORK.... ON SATURDAYS.

The contest will have 2 parts, and I've thought of the first part. ... just gotta come up with part 2... and we can rock.
  • Options
    bige1371bige1371 Posts: 196
    How about first real cigar you ever smoked?
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    bige1371:
    That was my question on the Fun and Games thread... got absolutly NO love... 1 guess
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    robbyras:
    bige1371:
    That was my question on the Fun and Games thread... got absolutly NO love... 1 guess
    Lol cuz it's old news! Almost everyone, when the first get on the board, will mention the first cigar they ever smoked...so all anybody has to do is use the search function on that member.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    man, really dragging this out aren't you. here:

I LOVE RUINATION! haha

Seriously, what'd I win? lol. You figured out what the contest is yet?
  • Options
    Sol1821Sol1821 Posts: 707 ✭✭
    you should use my post in the other section as your game;)
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
  • Options
    Hays:
    robbyras:
    bige1371:
    Lol cuz it's old news! Almost everyone, when the first get on the board, will mention the first cigar they ever smoked...so all anybody has to do is use the search function on that member.

Im not sure if i ever posted the first cigar Ive ever smoked. but to end that game fast... it was a mac hampton court. LOL.

Ive got the plan, will post in next post!
  • Options
    GAME TIME....

I love building suspense... hehe

OK, I do much of my browsing and posting from work. I work on the phones, talk to people every day, listen to complaints and solve problems all day for a fairly large health care company. I like it, but it wears you down sometimes. I think most of us are working types... doubt many of us here are independently wealthy and dont need to work.... well, misery loves company.

I wanna her stories... your best (well, worst) getting screwed at work story. Co-workers, boss's, even people under you... every one at work has a knife at your back at one time or another. I got tossed under the bus a few months ago by a co-worker... almost ended real bad. Maybe you go out of your way to help co workers, then when time comes to get your break... you get shafted.

Funny... AS IM TYPING THIS OUT.... call came in, I followed protocol... and ... oh wait... get scolded for it because.... "in this case... its different". .... LOL.

And to end the story on a somewhat good note... did you get vindicated in the end? Revenge? Did karma bring you some other happiness at work? Or are you lying in wait?

There will be no right answer, its not like "what was my first cigar" ;) Whatever seems to be the most interesting story to me (and im sure the board will chime in - board is encouraged actually to chime in). Ill send out something cool as Karma that you deserve. Deadline of my 500th post.
  • Options
    sirfoster83sirfoster83 Posts: 783
    ALRIGHT I'll kick things off!!

When I atrted at my last job I was very close to my boss. He trained me and gave me many raises and promotions within the first year due to how well I did my job.

I had to fly out to Detroit to work on some planes and save the shop we had out there because the guy running the shop quit.>br>
    Flew out there on a days notice 2 weeks before my wedding, and my wife is pregnant by the way at the time.
    So when I'm there I have to re-work a plane my boss screwed up.
    I get back have a sit down with the owner and VP and explain the plaane that needed rework was done by my boss before I even got to Detroit.

So I got moved to the second shift by my boss and they gave the promotion I was promised to a guy who was there less than a month!

In Jan of this year I found out my Dad's cancer was getting really bad. I made sure to keep my job posted because we were about to get a 10 million dollar contract that was going to be needing a ton of work right off the bat.

Needless to say my Dads health went south I had to take FMLA to take care of him because my grandma no longer could manage alone. So they got mad I took a week to help my Dad before he died and another week to arrange the funeral and everything.

I was back at work for 8 days and my boss was so mad he wouldnt talk to me any of those days. Finally one morning after the 55mile commute to work they let me go because "I'm never there when they need me."

Talked to a few friends there they not only lost the 10 mill contract but another contract and my boss was demoted and put on furlough for **** up the shop. The company is slowly going under and are only letting people work 3 days some weeks but wont let them go to keep the unemployment insurance down. I make more on unemployment than I would still working there.

Almost feel like sending my boss a nice stogie to say thanks for being such a vindictive jerk! My lifes alot more peaceful and I get to spend time with my family while he is now suffering like I was!

SUCK IT WILL!!!
  • Options
    To clarify Will was "my boss"
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    PM inbound. I can't post it for everyone to see but I'll shoot ya a pm brother.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    hmm, I can't think of any "I got screwed over by my boss stories..."

Oh wait! I dealt with an Army recruiter! Enough said...
  • Options
    ljlljl Posts: 819
    Don't personally think I can top Sirfoster, but for free stogies - what the heck. It all started about 6 mos. ago when the division I work for got a new cleaning guy. He immediately goes about introducing himself and asking everybody what they do, how long they've been with the company,etc. It wasn't that he did this that was all that strange, it was the way he did it (he was kind of cornering people + he was really unloading personal info which is strange when you don't know someone). Over the first 2 weeks or so, just generally weird.
    When one of my female employees finds me around 2.5 weeks into the guy being there, she seems very rattled as she tells me about the new cleaning guy walking into the bathroom on her (fortunately the stall was closed). "He never knocks" she told me, "I've seen him just walk into the ladies room without knocking a few other times". So I do what any good boss would. I talk to the dude directly, let him know it is unacceptable, and tell him I will HAVE to report it. He begs me not to even though he denies everything. Since he works for an outside contractor, I can't discipline him directly. I ask how much time is left to his shift that night he says 15 min. I specifically ask him not to clean any more rest rooms that night and to punch out and go home. Without my knowledge, dude spends the next 30 min.(off the clock) grilling my other employees about who told on him.
    Next day I figure I will never see him again, there he is. Now he's pissed that I got him in trouble so he confronts me about it. I tell him I heard about what he did after our talk and that he will be reported for that and confronting me. He gets apologetic, begs for forgiveness. He then ADMITS to walking in on the lady and talking to other ladies in the restroom while looking at some pictures with them. Well, now I know he's gone. I report the whole thing. 2 days go by and he doesn't come back.
    Then there he is all angry again. I call a meeting with the HR rep and my boss. How can this guy still be around? "The cleaning company just doesn' have anybody else that can be here every day". Later I overhear my boss apologize to the guy that he got written up. My boss tells the guy to be nice to me, I was just overreacting because I don't know him (remember the lady that got walked in on - it's my bosses wife!).
    Now the guys running around calling me names behind my back, soliciting non charity items and I've been given the "you need to stop picking on him" speech. Everybody is sick of him and his antics. I guess a while ago he asked for an application - maybe if he works for my company he'll finally be asked to leave...
  • Options
    surfingzeekosurfingzeeko Posts: 628
    All right here goes my shot at this...I had a job doing traffic control for companies doing road work. My friends mom owned the company so it was a relaxed environment. It was great pay (35 hr) because it was for the city, and I was just out of high school. I got to be outside, hang out and smoke, and made better money than I could have anywhere else. One week, I went to get my schedule, and there wasn't any hours for me on it. I thought, ok maybe it's a slow week, let me see whats going on. I tried calling my boss but got no answer, so I left a message. I waited a couple days, tried calling again. Still no answer. At this point I tried calling my Supervisor, who was a good friend by this point. No answer. I was getting pretty antsy by this point. Finally, after 2 WEEKS of no answers, my supervisor picks up. I asked her what was going on, and she seemed to be avoiding a direct answer. Finally, she let me know that I was accused of smoking meth on the job by a coworker. I have never touched that crap. I immediately knew who accused me, a guy who I had yelled at and nearly gotten fired because he had repeatedly nearly gotten me and the rest of the road crew killed by not paying attention. I then called my boss from a blocked number, and surprise, she finally answered. I confronted her about the accusation and told her that I would take a drug test right then, or any time she wanted. She said that she didn't believe me and that she couldn't have an employee who did meth, because she had seen people go down that road before. So I was fired. On top of that, my friend whos mom was my boss stopped talking to me because she thought I was a meth head. On a positive note, she eventually caught the coworker who falsely accused me being dishonest in a few different situations and fired him.
  • Options
    1 more post... im gonna hide for the day now and post a winner up tonite. any more stories?
  • Options
    Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    yeah I got one...I used to work for Porsche here on the West coast. I was a parts driver(deliver parts to shops around the area...)not the greatest job but health benefits, still allowed me to go to school and pay was pretty good....wel as the economy started going downhill and our sales hit the tank, every one started throwing everyone under the truck. I hate that stuff so i never did it. Well I was transfered to not only do parts driving, but also work in the detail bay to help out. I did detail before and am realyl good at it. Well there is another guy named joe who was a used car assistant(prints out stickers, helps used car manager, complete bs job), he was also the lead detailer...he was on his iphone every minute he was back there... Well I was trying to improve the detail department to bring in better customer satisfaction so maybe they would be happier and pay us for more service work in the future...i believe in being treated as you treat people...well joe didnt like this cuz he felt he was better then his job title..even though he made 15bucks a hour doing nothing but play on his phone... Well once I started working with the Service Manager and Sales manager to create a better routine, joe thought I was up complaining about him...so he started to slander my name...telling people I was always on the phone, walking around doing nothing. He was constantly late as well but told everyone I was. Well after a couple months of this the manager got irritated, and I GOT LAID OFF! it is complete bs...especailly after I just bought a house, a husky dog, and a newer car...I was hleping the economy recover yet this little puke moved home to save money even though he made 3$ more an hour. Since I got laid off, he took over my job as well....he still felt he was above it so he moved to another brother dealership, another detailer took my job instead of hiring me back, and they had to hire another detailer to replace me and the other ones that moved....complete bs.. TREAT OTHERS HOW YOU WANT TO BE TREATED...
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Ok I'll take a stab at this.

This was over 10 years ago when I was in college in Austin. My roommate and I worked at a Cingular store that was in a shopping complex. It was a stand alone building all by itself and I pretty much ran the place. It was not a corporate store, but similar to a franchised store. My roommate, who also worked with me there didnt have a car and would ride with me on days we were scheduled together, other wise he would take the bus. We only worked about 3 days out the week together and the rest of the time, we both were the only ones in the store. My roommate was always broke and always looking for money and gambling. He paid his bills and all, but just would spend every cent he had.

One morning, around 9am, he called me on my cell, since I was off that day, and says..."THE STORE HAS BEEN ROBBED!!!" I was like Wow! That is crazy. He said he opened the door to the store and saw that everything was all over the floor, including displays and accessories and spray paint on walls. He said he has called the cops already and is waiting outside for them. Since I didnt have anything to do, I told him, I'll be there in about 30 minutes and told him to not touch anything and that I will call the GM of the store. I called the GM right away and told him what happened, and he was in Houston and told me to take care of everything and he would give me a bonus as well.

I get to the store, the cops are already there talking to my friend and the others are taking pictures of the store, the spray paint and taking finger prints around the store. I walk in and just see the whole mess and talk to the officers. They showed me where the robbers broke in from and that the alarm never went off. They only had door sensors but no motion sensors inside. The robbers came from the roof down a rope. They took all the phones, computers, some accessories, the cash register and all. I just filled out all the paper work and got to cleaning. I called my GM and told him everything and what the situation was. He said no worries as long as no one got hurt and all. So me and my friend start to clean up the store and the cops leave. We were able to get everything done in about 3 hours. I called back to the GM and he said to just lock up, and he will bring all the equipment and phones back tomorrow when he gets back. I take my friend/roommate back home and we were talking about it and how crazy people are.

I had the whole day off, so I just relaxed at home and took care of my school work. In the evening, my roommate asked to borrow my car to go get some dinner from Popeyes, and I gave him the keys to my car and some money for my food as well. He comes back home after an hour with a bag of Popeyes and a brown box with about 24 brand new Cingular cell phones!!!!

***need to add***
    GM found out after 6 months later that my roommate took the phones while waiting for the police to show up and hid them in a box in a dumpster. GM was his uncle. No charges were made, but he was disciplined from his mom and dad.
  • Options
    ljl:
    Don't personally think I can top Sirfoster, but for free stogies - what the heck. It all started about 6 mos. ago when the division I work for got a new cleaning guy. He immediately goes about introducing himself and asking everybody what they do, how long they've been with the company,etc. It wasn't that he did this that was all that strange, it was the way he did it (he was kind of cornering people + he was really unloading personal info which is strange when you don't know someone). Over the first 2 weeks or so, just generally weird.
    When one of my female employees finds me around 2.5 weeks into the guy being there, she seems very rattled as she tells me about the new cleaning guy walking into the bathroom on her (fortunately the stall was closed). "He never knocks" she told me, "I've seen him just walk into the ladies room without knocking a few other times". So I do what any good boss would. I talk to the dude directly, let him know it is unacceptable, and tell him I will HAVE to report it. He begs me not to even though he denies everything. Since he works for an outside contractor, I can't discipline him directly. I ask how much time is left to his shift that night he says 15 min. I specifically ask him not to clean any more rest rooms that night and to punch out and go home. Without my knowledge, dude spends the next 30 min.(off the clock) grilling my other employees about who told on him.
    Next day I figure I will never see him again, there he is. Now he's pissed that I got him in trouble so he confronts me about it. I tell him I heard about what he did after our talk and that he will be reported for that and confronting me. He gets apologetic, begs for forgiveness. He then ADMITS to walking in on the lady and talking to other ladies in the restroom while looking at some pictures with them. Well, now I know he's gone. I report the whole thing. 2 days go by and he doesn't come back.
    Then there he is all angry again. I call a meeting with the HR rep and my boss. How can this guy still be around? "The cleaning company just doesn' have anybody else that can be here every day". Later I overhear my boss apologize to the guy that he got written up. My boss tells the guy to be nice to me, I was just overreacting because I don't know him (remember the lady that got walked in on - it's my bosses wife!).
    Now the guys running around calling me names behind my back, soliciting non charity items and I've been given the "you need to stop picking on him" speech. Everybody is sick of him and his antics. I guess a while ago he asked for an application - maybe if he works for my company he'll finally be asked to leave...
    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!
    Trying to be responsible and do your job, and you come off as the bad guy... even to your boss. PM me your addy man.

All crazy stories... I really knew there would be no fair way to pick a winner, just came up with it from sitting day after day at my job getting frustrated. 1 winner now... but only a few of you played... so.. you are all on Santa's good list. I'm pretty picky about what I like, and im sure I can clean up my coolidor over time.
  • Options
    congrats ljl on winning! and im surprised more people didnt get in on this for free sticks..i mean...come on...who doesnt like free cigars from a awesome guy! lol.
  • Options
    Already feel like a winner that was the first time I really vented about it all. Great contest brother! Congrats lijl cant imagine being in your spot and not cracking skulls let alone have to do it every day. You must have serious will power that I lack.
  • Options
    ljlljl Posts: 819
    Woo Hoo!!! At least this makes it all worth while. That cleaning guy is going to want to know WTF is up when he sees me walking around with a huge grin on my face. Seems like someone else here is closing in on 500...Hmm.
  • Options
    Im not to far behind you my friend lol
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    The Sniper:
    undulac:
    Undulac sent this from his mobile phone while he was on his way to an AA meeting! LOL JUST KIDDING!!! :-D

AA is for quitters!!