Home General Discussion
Options

Hey guys, I am a new Cigar.com Forum Moderator

Comments

• Options
    Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    Russ55:
    Welcome Jim. Do you have the ability to sticky threads? I can think of 2 or 3 that should always be up there.
    +1!!!
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Also If you're up for improvement suggestions. Two words.... CHAT ROOM.

• Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Nice to meet you, Jim. Jumping on the improvement wagon, is there a way to update the forum so posts can be formatted without HTML? Also throw in some tools so we can post pics/links without HTML as well?
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Well, on the one hand I welcome our new moderator with just a simple post . . . and on the other hand I feel the need to welcome him with pictures:

• Options
    krebsiekrebsie Moderator Posts: 86 admin
    Thank you all for the warm welcome, Mr. Smelko is still around so do not worry.... I will also look into seeing if we can do something about the HTML formatting.
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Welcome Kresbie!!!
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    welcome aboard ...
  • Options
    nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    It's nice to have great like minded people to help us moderate the garbage out of the house and keep it on the curb.

Hi krebsie!! What's the last cigar you've had?
  • Options
    krebsiekrebsie Moderator Posts: 86 admin
    The last cigar I was a Carlos Torano Dominico, it was little mild for what I normally smoke but I still enjoyed it.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    +1 on threads that need to be stickied! Not sure this forum even has that ability, but if it does, I can think of a bunch that need it! (i.e. what are you smoking tonight, HTML formatting, etc)
  • Options
    Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    +1 on the chat rooms!
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    krebsie:
    Thank you all for the warm welcome, Mr. Smelko is still around so do not worry.... I will also look into seeing if we can do something about the HTML formatting.

So, after a bit more than a year, Krebsie, what's happening on the improvement front?? All of us non-IT kinda folks are still required to deal with all the HTML B.S. with no relief in sight.

Care to comment on this?
  • Options
    JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    Welcome!
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    i can't remember the last post from the "ccom moderator" was...been a couple of years that's for sure...doubt he is still at ccom.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    His last post was on June 15, 2010. Haven't seen any action on that matter since then..... although I seem to recall some other moderator saying something similar within the last month or two.... just didn't find that thread.
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    His last post was in Sept in the sprint sale thread. And he last visited today. He's to keep an eye on spam and bots if I remember correctly.
  • Options
    ScottCScottC Posts: 38
    I can't speak for Jim's commenting absence on the forum but just so you all know he is still here and continues to moderate the bad seeds and spam. As far as the improvements go, our IT staff is tied up with a lot of projects specifically with the new sprint sale feature that just went up. We did not forget. We just have some projects that need to be worked out before we can unleash more features. They are all in the works. Please be patient.

Here is an 80% off Gurkha Beast 10 pack deal for you all. http://www.cigar.com/cgws10c
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I heard from a friend at school, that if you say JohnnyWalkeBlue's name three times in the dark he comes and haunts you!
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    I heard from a friend at school, that if you say JohnnyWalkeBlue's name three times in the dark he comes and haunts you!
    LOL!

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    Most of these guys have no clue what that means Lassie.. Right Joe ?.. Don't wake it up..
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    What? I'm infused.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    kaspera79:
    Lasabar:
    Most of these guys have no clue what that means Lassie.. Right Joe ?.. Don't wake it up..
    I have no idea what you're talking about Kas. Times get lonely in Barstow when the meth runs dry, they need a real life Walt and Jesse up there.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    kaspera79:
    Lasabar:
    I have no idea what you're talking about Kas. Times get lonely in Barstow when the meth runs dry, they need a real life Walt and Jesse up there.
    .. I had forgotten the location.. Get them some, hey wait... Blue
  • Options
    CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    ScottC:
    I can't speak for Jim's commenting absence on the forum but just so you all know he is still here and continues to moderate the bad seeds and spam. As far as the improvements go, our IT staff is tied up with a lot of projects specifically with the new sprint sale feature that just went up. We did not forget. We just have some projects that need to be worked out before we can unleash more features. They are all in the works. Please be patient.

Here is an 80% off Gurkha Beast 10 pack deal for you all. http://www.cigar.com/cgws10c
    welcome....thanks for the heads up on the 10 pk deal....feel free to share a new one everyday...lol
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    Lasabar:
    Curiosity has gotten me...I had to do a search! JWB should return to the forum!

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    dbeckom:
    kaspera79:
    Lasabar:
    You shut your DAMN Mouth!!! He's like a **** that clogged the toilet and every time you flush it, it gets pissed off at you and tries harder to clog your toilet!
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    dbeckom:
    kaspera79:
    Lasabar:
    You shut your DAMN Mouth!!! He's like a **** that clogged the toilet and every time you flush it, it gets pissed off at you and tries harder to clog your toilet!
    I thought he was like herpes...

Lasabar:
    johnnywalkerblue = Herpes...

Just when you think it's gone... it comes back and says "HI"

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    dbeckom:
    Lasabar:
    dbeckom:
    kaspera79:
    Lasabar:
    I thought he was like herpes...

Lasabar:
    johnnywalkerblue = Herpes...

Just when you think it's gone... it comes back and says "HI"
    Mind = Blown
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Welcome, Krebsie. Why forum moderator? Why not forum....REGULATOR!
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    y2pascoe:
    Welcome, Krebsie. Why forum moderator? Why not forum....REGULATOR!
    You do realize that post is from June 2010 right lol.