Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Padron Family Reserve 1964 45th Anniv Natural

KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
As promised, pics of my smokes! This was a great cigar, in comparison to the regula 64, I'd have to say this cigar is more complex and has ALOT more body to it. It is a powerful smoke, but it is so incrediably balanced and smooth, you don't notice it till about half way through, then you really have to take your time. It has a loose draw and copious amounts of creamy smoke. The first 1/3 started out with a light pepper on the finish, but that went away towards the half way point. At one point, I got a note of chocolate, not sure where that came from since I was drinking JW Blue, but it was a nice surprise. In short, I loved this cigar and I can't wait to have another...but not till October! Sorry my review sucks, but I wasn't really taking notes at the time and just wanted to sit back and enjoy it. Hope you like the pictures: image

"Long ashes my friends."

Comments

• Options
    VidarienVidarien Posts: 246
    JW Blue and a Padron64 45th? Thats about a hundred dollar 1 hr adventure right there, assuming you didnt drink the whole bottle of course :D
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Not many in there, but I see since I kicked ya in the jimmy over no pics in the other thread ya came around. Lol.. Well glad you enjoyed the cigar. Have you had the 80th '26? I'm wondering if you have, which you like more. I've heard mixed reviews. But overall I'm glad you enjoyed it. Though I wish instead of having two wrappers, they would just throw half of each in a box. I mean that would be great.
  • Options
    Vidarien:
    JW Blue and a Padron64 45th? Thats about a hundred dollar 1 hr adventure right there, assuming you didnt drink the whole bottle of course :D
    lol...yeah...I never do anything half assed.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    Not many in there, but I see since I kicked ya in the jimmy over no pics in the other thread ya came around. Lol.. Well glad you enjoyed the cigar. Have you had the 80th '26? I'm wondering if you have, which you like more. I've heard mixed reviews. But overall I'm glad you enjoyed it. Though I wish instead of having two wrappers, they would just throw half of each in a box. I mean that would be great.
    I haven't had the 1926 80th yet, but I believe my local B&M sells it for $30 each. I might buy one...but not right now, when the ol cigar fund has been restored ;)

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    I should also mention this cigar totally wiped out my palette. I tried smoking 2 cigars yesterday and they both tasted bitter as hell. It def is a cigar you don't want to smoke on an empty stomach.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    I should also mention this cigar totally wiped out my palette. I tried smoking 2 cigars yesterday and they both tasted bitter as hell. It def is a cigar you don't want to smoke on an empty stomach.
    ooo, sounds yummy. I need to get that 2pack and try one before breakfast! Only way I can know if a cigar is strong. Well for me anyway. I have yet to find one..
  • Options
    Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    phobicsquirrel:
    Krieg:
    ooo, sounds yummy. I need to get that 2pack and try one before breakfast! Only way I can know if a cigar is strong. Well for me anyway. I have yet to find one..
    I'm the EXACT same way!