Home General Discussion
Options

Pairing suggestion help....

lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
I'm drinking Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy tonight..... Any suggestions for a cigar pairing? I have a pretty extensive stock. I lean more towards med-full bodied sticks. I was thinking Liga Privada. I have a T52 a No. 9 and a Flying Pig...... But I'm open to any suggestions. Whoever suggests the stick I smoke, will get a nice prize. I have a couple Natural Dirt Torpedos that I'm giving away.......... The only catch is that you have to post a review of the Natural. ;-)
Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..

Comments

• Options
    leonardleonard Posts: 359
    I would go with the T52.
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll second that.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I'd go Flying Pig, if for no other reason than I'd want to try one.
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    I think I'd go with the No 9 among those three. If not that, then the Rocky Patel Summer Collection 2008. Tastes like spices and orange peel. I think that would go well with the Shandy, which tastes like lemonade.
  • Options
    GadwinDuilGadwinDuil Posts: 474
    Pfft - You and your fancy flying pigs and such. Go with a ruination!
  • Options
    Well, it's between Gadwin and Mr. Hwang, so far. I like the RP recommendation (even though I don't have one!)..... and I haven't had a Ruination in a while. Decisions, decisions.........
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Well, the RP Summer Collection 2008 is on clearance here at CCom. $3.99 for a single, $69.95 for a box of 20. It's a mild to medium cigar, spicy, citrus flavored, cheap, and I think it would go well with a citrus flavored beer. I usually pair Ruinations and original Man O' Wars with mocha or coffee.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I'm not familiar with your beer but if it's lemonish and sweet I'd go with a dry type of smoke with some body but not too much, I'm think Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur.
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Paradigm 262, LFD DOuble Ligero, Joys de Nicaragua Dark Corojo?
  • Options
    Lilwing... How potent is the lemon flavor in the summer shandy??? I have a buddy that was tellin me about this beer, and i have tried to find it everywhere (oklahoma). One liquor store owner told me that he thought it was beer mixed with actual lemonade to come up with the ale... what are your thoughts?
  • Options
    Hm... It's lemony, eh?

A relic would probably be pretty good too..... >.> Just saying
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    betasynn:
    Paradigm 262, LFD DOuble Ligero, Joys de Nicaragua Dark Corojo?
    +1 for the 262, it's amazing to smoke it with Anderson valley summer solstice or any beeer that is floral or citrusy, it really brings out the citrus note of the 262...which makes it a very refreshing smoke...those who have had it will probably agree.
  • Options
    Well, Gadwin is the winner of this little contest. I went with the Ruination. I haven't had one in a while and I've been reading the book 'Gates of Fire' by Steven Pressfield. It's about the battle of Thermopyle. Great read, so far. Anyways, I enjoyed the Ruination with the Leinie's Summer Shandy. The citrus and sweet really complemented the strength of the Ruination very well, actually. And reading the book while smoking it seemed to bring out the "warrior" aspect of the story....... Weird, huh?

So, PM me your info, Gadwin and I'll get a nice pack out to you soon. Just remember that you owe me a review!

On a side note........ A passage from the book really stuck with me while enjoying my Ruination. Just wanted to share it with the rest of you "Warriors" who enjoy the MOW line.......

"For the mother and father, on the other hand, the seasons are numbered by the births of their children--this one's first step, that one's initial word. By these homely ticks is the calender of the loving parent's life demarcated and set within the book of remembrance.

But for the warrior, the seasons are marked not by these sweet measures nor by the calendered years themselves, but by the battles. Campaigns fought and comrades lost; trials of death survived. Clashes and conflicts from which time effaces all superficial recall, leaving only the fields themselves and their names, which achieve in the warrior's memory a stature ennobled beyond all other modes of commemoration, purchased with the holy coin of blood and paid for with the lives of beloved brothers-in-arms. As the priest with his graphis and tablet of wax, the infantryman, too, has his scription. His history is carved upon his person with the stylus of steel, his alphabet engraved with spear and sword indelibly upon the flesh."

Like I said.... great read, so far.
  • Options
    ThinBluLine06:
    Lilwing... How potent is the lemon flavor in the summer shandy??? I have a buddy that was tellin me about this beer, and i have tried to find it everywhere (oklahoma). One liquor store owner told me that he thought it was beer mixed with actual lemonade to come up with the ale... what are your thoughts?
    The lemon flavor is pretty potent. The description on the bottle says, "Weiss beer with Lemonade", so the store owner is probably right. It's a great summer brew IMHO.
  • Options
    ljlljl Posts: 819
    lilwing88:
    ThinBluLine06:
    The lemon flavor is pretty potent. The description on the bottle says, "Weiss beer with Lemonade", so the store owner is probably right. It's a great summer brew IMHO.

The lemon flavor is potent. This is a great beer when you are out in the summer heat and sun. Very refreshing - probably goes down a little too smooth for some. Same notes on the Berry Weiss which many people find to be too sweet (I think they are expecting more beer flavor and less berry). The Honey Weiss is less flavored - just a hint of sweetness. Highly recommend the 1888 bock when it is available.
  • Options
    Pm Sent!