Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Sencillo

betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
Sencillo is a cigar made by Keith Park, the guy behind Prometheus Accessories and the God of Fire cigars. Big props to cholmes for turning me on to these, really good cigar. I got a few samples and smoked away, and I've never had a cigar with this long a finish, or this much leather flavor. Full review on the website, but I am very interested to hear from those of you who smoked it, since it was rather unique.

Comments

• Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    No, but sounds good. I'd like to get a couple of these. Honestly I think Prometheus is a very over hyped company. Sure I enjoy the GOF and Opus but they really push up prices on cigars.
  • Options
    True, though the Sencillo runs like 7 bucks.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Cholmes thinks that these puppies are super green.
  • Options
    Very well could be, regardless, it's a pretty decent smoke. I also got mine from the company, as a sample, without a date. They could be older then the ones carried in the B&M.
  • Options
    rossdavey2rossdavey2 Posts: 979
    So I have had a few of these and I like them the more they rest. Anyone else smoke these recently?
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    I smoked 2 last week after they sat for about 2 months and they really do improve. They really are an enjoyable stick.
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    The double robusto's are great.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    The first one I had the cherry fell off and nestled up against my *ahem* point man.
    I was driving down the highway at the time. Not a fun experience.

• Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Thanks Stephen! I needed a good laugh!
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Smoked my first one last night. The first few draws were so heavy with leather I almost put it down. It mellowed out and was quite enjoyable. Easy draw, big smoke. Picked up leather at the end also. The flavor reminded me of a Cusano I tried a while back. Ok smoke. Pricey though.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    phobicsquirrel:
    Sure I enjoy the GOF and Opus but they really push up prices on cigars.
    Curious why you feel this way? Most of their cigars are modified versions of high end, often comparably priced Fuente cigars. Sencillos are much cheaper, but are made by Camacho, and use their tobacco. Also, a lot of the expensive Fuente made stuff pays, partially, into the CFCF. I don't disagree that maybe the God of Fire and Fuente Aged Selection stuff they put out might be expensive, but I think you get what you pay for. The rarest, oldest Fuente tobacco is also the most expensive Fuente tobacco. As for Prometheus products, like their lighters and cutters... they are high quality, luxury items, and frankly are pretty reasonably priced, when you look at the prices of higher end accessories, like those made by Davidoff, Elie Bleu, Dunhill, and S.T. Dupont.
  • Options
    JUst had another one... I'll post a review to Wrapper Binder Filler.

• Options
    http://wp.me/pUslc-r7 My review of the Sencillio.

• Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    http://wp.me/pUslc-r7 My review of the Sencillio.

Awesome review bro. I have a few of these in the humi, havent tried one yet but looking forward to it after reading that review. Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    Fourtotheflush:
    Cholmes thinks that these puppies are super green.
    I did at the time. Wish I had bought an extra to age and smoke now. I think the only extra I had I actually sent to beta. Since everything in my humi has over a year on it now since I havent made any purchases and smoked maybe five cigars in a year, they'd be prime now for a real review.