Home Cigar 101
Options

ordering

I'm going to make my first order tomorrow. Does anybody know how long it takes for the sticks to arrive? Also when they arrive how long do I have untill I have to put them into my humidor? Do they ship with water pillows?

Comments

• Options
    thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    from ccom? takes about 3 days anything from bethleham or how you spell it where the ccom,ci,fss all ship from takes 3 days for me
  • Options
    aron325aron325 Posts: 158
    2 days for me
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Shipping to me takes 2-3 days, and yes CCOM ships them with humidifier pillows. I would put them in your humidor right away, though.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    I ordered a box of tats from Tim last week, around 11am. They shipped that day, and arrived the following afternoon. I am in Virginia, they ship from Pa.
  • Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm from Texas bro I place my order and I get it in two days no more. Great service from ccom.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    im about two days out for some reason as well. i live about 5 hours drive from there. (akron Ohio)
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    im about two days out for some reason as well. i live about 5 hours drive from there. (akron Ohio)

shipping zones there is a map somewhere that shows how it all works,but for me the day of the order say its monday before the cutoff, i get them on weds so total 3 days if your not counting the order 2 days
    either way its faster then some places that have a 48hr process before they ship
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Hey Steve, if you're ordering today, you should have the sticks by Tue. or Wed. The sticks will be good in the bag with the water pillows for at least a couple weeks. You can probably smoke one right out of the box. Then once you get your humi squared away, you can get them in there. I'll be coming over today to take a look at your set up and meet baby Ollie

Welcome to the forum, btw.

Hey all, Steve here is my oldest friend. We grew up across the street from each other and have been friends since we were in diapers. So, give him a warm welcome and help out the Newb as best you can!
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    That is odd. I'm out in Seattle and I get mine in about two business days. Priority Mail is awesome.
  • Options
    The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    Hey Steve Welcome !

My last order didn't have a water pillow which I found odd.... I got about 20 sticks with that order and nothing... I though maybe they were cutting back on cost or something.
  • Options
    ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    maybe I am just over-analying it, but I have found that the more sticks I place in the order, the less the water pillow is filled. I think its because the more sticks that are in the ziploc bag, the more damp it can get and they dont want them to get soggy or to burst the pillow. If this is the case, it seems like sound logic to me as the cigars act as humidifiers as well. Especially in the summer heat
  • Options
    Ironmick63Ironmick63 Posts: 100
    lilwing88:
    Hey Steve, if you're ordering today, you should have the sticks by Tue. or Wed. The sticks will be good in the bag with the water pillows for at least a couple weeks. You can probably smoke one right out of the box. Then once you get your humi squared away, you can get them in there. I'll be coming over today to take a look at your set up and meet baby Ollie

Welcome to the forum, btw.

Hey all, Steve here is my oldest friend. We grew up across the street from each other and have been friends since we were in diapers. So, give him a warm welcome and help out the Newb as best you can!
    Thanks for the cigars the other day Marty. I put my order in and ccom saided that my sticks should arrive on Tuesday. Thanks for helping help with all the information too.
  • Options
    ug danug dan Posts: 375
    I put in an order on the 16th, but the order status still says "in processing" today on the 21st. My ccard has already been charged. I'm going to have to call and see what the hold up is. Pretty dissapointing though.
  • Options
    vegassparkyvegassparky Posts: 365
    I get everything i have ordered within 4 or 5 days.
  • Options
    most likelly they where out of stock on something thats why they are delaying the order
  • Options
    ug dan:
    I put in an order on the 16th, but the order status still says "in processing" today on the 21st. My ccard has already been charged. I'm going to have to call and see what the hold up is. Pretty dissapointing though.
    I put my order in on the 18th. I guess I just have to wait to see if it comes today.
  • Options
    mrpillowmrpillow Posts: 464
    Just so you're all aware, CCOM warehouse closes on Friday and doesn't process on the weekends.
  • Options
    doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    The Cank:
    Hey Steve Welcome !

My last order didn't have a water pillow which I found odd.... I got about 20 sticks with that order and nothing... I though maybe they were cutting back on cost or something.

+1

I put an order in for 10 sticks last week and they came without a water pillow. First order that's been that way. I e-mailed Andy but he hasn't gotten back to me on what's up with it. The sticks looked fine so unless they pop in my humi I'm not concerned.

My bet would be they've got someone new in the warehouse packing boxes who just forgot the pillows :p
  • Options
    doromath:
    The Cank:
    Hey Steve Welcome !

+1

I put an order in for 10 sticks last week and they came without a water pillow. First order that's been that way. I e-mailed Andy but he hasn't gotten back to me on what's up with it. The sticks looked fine so unless they pop in my humi I'm not concerned.

My bet would be they've got someone new in the warehouse packing boxes who just forgot the pillows :p
    I got my sticks today and everyone had a water pillow in it except for the tins I got. Not bad at all for the ordering. Order on Friday and got the sticks today.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Ironmick63:
    doromath:
    The Cank:
    Hey Steve Welcome !

+1

I got my sticks today and everyone had a water pillow in it except for the tins I got. Not bad at all for the ordering. Order on Friday and got the sticks today.
    Stevie-boy popped his cherry!!!!!! Woo-hooo!!!!
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    surfingzeekosurfingzeeko Posts: 628
    doromath:
    The Cank:
    Hey Steve Welcome !

+1

Same thing happened to me last week when I ordered 10 sticks. Weird.
  • Options
    ljlljl Posts: 819
    surfingzeeko:
    doromath:
    The Cank:
    Hey Steve Welcome !

+1

Same thing happened to me last week when I ordered 10 sticks. Weird.

I'm a warehouse foreman - believe me, doesn't have to be somebody new. Mistakes happen, I've gotten an order or two with no pillow, then again the other day I ordered 16 sticks and got 4 bags and 4 pillows. We have packing rules where I work too, doesn't mean everybody follows them exactly every time.

Usually I get 2 day in Illinois, but every once in a while - boom overnight by USPS. CCom has no control over how the shipper handles their part of the business. What makes CCom a great company is that they take care of you when it might not be their screw up. I'm sure all the people there have carrier horror stories, I know I do.
  • Options
    ug danug dan Posts: 375
    I finally got the whole order in today, and only twenty something days after ordering. I sent in my lighter to get fixed for one of thier videos and the deal was when you ordered next they would throw in your lighter. Well it took 12 days to get my cigars (with no explanation). My account said no shipping method selected, but it was a phone order. Finally when I get my package no lighter. I call back in (twice!?!) and they send me a new lighter in a different color. Ordered on June 16, cigars on June 28, lighter on July 8. I keep hearing about how good CCOM's service is but I'm not a believer. My internet orders have all turned out fine I guess I just should'nt call in.
  • Options
    One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    ug dan:
    I finally got the whole order in today, and only twenty something days after ordering. I sent in my lighter to get fixed for one of thier videos and the deal was when you ordered next they would throw in your lighter. Well it took 12 days to get my cigars (with no explanation). My account said no shipping method selected, but it was a phone order. Finally when I get my package no lighter. I call back in (twice!?!) and they send me a new lighter in a different color. Ordered on June 16, cigars on June 28, lighter on July 8. I keep hearing about how good CCOM's service is but I'm not a believer. My internet orders have all turned out fine I guess I just should'nt call in.
    Fair enough, your order got screwed up. It happens sometimes. I have handled all my business with Ccom via the interwebs as well. Only rarely is something not quite right. When that happens I just shoot an email to JJ and he has always straightened it out. Problems happen with all businesses. If you order still isn't to your satisfaction I recommend letting them know. IME, they will work with you until you are satisfied, within reason.
  • Options
    TheedgeTheedge Posts: 316
    It's been my experience in my own business, that once something gets screwed up, it's really hard to get it back on the tracks. As far as mistakes go, I can sit and stare at a piece of paper for an hour, count, recount, double check....and still get it wrong. I always tell my customers who rave about my service to remember all of the "atta boys", because eventually they'll be a "you dumb shi*t".

An easy way to compensate is to always give the customer more than they asked for.
  • Options
    doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    Theedge:
    It's been my experience in my own business, that once something gets screwed up, it's really hard to get it back on the tracks. As far as mistakes go, I can sit and stare at a piece of paper for an hour, count, recount, double check....and still get it wrong. I always tell my customers who rave about my service to remember all of the "atta boys", because eventually they'll be a "you dumb shi*t".

An easy way to compensate is to always give the customer more than they asked for.

Nice perspective on customer service.

I've always tended to think that good customer service isn't "Never screw up" but more along the lines of "Fix what you screw up and make it right".
  • Options
    jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    sightunseen:
    kuzi16:
    That is odd. I'm out in Seattle and I get mine in about two business days. Priority Mail is awesome.
    Dame thats bull I live like a 3hr drive from there and it takes them two to three days to get to me as well.