Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Shorty

2»

Comments

• Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Finishing up a Diesel Shorty right now. Well 60 RG cigars are not typically something I will pick up but the charity pack touched a place in my heart for Pit Bulls. So I picked up the 10 pack. Like I said I'm smoking it right now.

It had enough spice to keep me interested but I would not call it a spicy cigar. It is remarkably well balanced for a full bodied, full strength cigar. Even one day off the truck the burn was impecable and acted and tasted like a well aged cigar. Despite its large RG this is the kind of cigar I could see myself smoking fairly regularly. It starts with a good sweetness and is finishing with a pleasant bitterness, not the bitterness you associate with a harsh cigar put a bitterness like a grapefruit that seems like it is supposed to be there(not that I'm tasting grapefruit, dont take that away from this). It doesn't have the washed out flavors I tend to expect from a 60 Ring Gauge. It almost reminds me of a nub in the fact that you can tell it was blended to be this large not just a large RG to add to a line. It produces a large amount of smoke and has not gone out once despite being set down for 5 minutes a couple times. It burns slow and cool but still has the feel of a 50ish RG burn. All and all I like this little Porker.
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    I know I'm being the times, but I am in the middle of my first shorty. I've had it for about 8 months resting and I received this from a BOTL here so I'm assuming he had it for a while. I was hoarding it for a while because it was my only one. Well, today I got a five pack so I decided to light it up while the others sleep. So far, I couldn't be more disappointed. Within the first inch, I am having burn issues plus it want to go out after about 30 seconds. To keep it lit, I have to keep giving it quick puffs which is making it heat up to the point I can barely hold it. The draw is not tight but I can only get a little thin smoke out of it.

My conclusion. . . *** happens and I got a bad stick. I guess I was due because I've had good luck as of late and it's been quite some time since I've had a dud. AJ is still my favorite blender and I can honestly say this is my first bad one out of the hundreds I've had. Few and far between puffs, I can see how this can be an excellent cigar and I'm looking forward to giving this another shot.