Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Mailboxes were meant to die, thanks letsgowithbob!!!!

denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
So I get home tonight and pull up to a giant hole in the ground where the mailbox used to be. At the bottom of the smoldering pile were 5 missiles that are just waiting to tickle my tastebuds and possibly blow my face clean off. i was talking to letsgowithbob a month or more ago about some sticks that i liked and low and behold, the guy just bombs me out of nowhere. the picture is intentionally blurry because, let's face it, the labels don't matter. i know what they are, that's what matters. letsgowithbob is a damn fine BOTL!!!!

Comments

• denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    weapons grade plutonium, seriously!!!!!
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Dude hit me with some seriously nice sticks today as well!
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Nice, I've been curious about that cigar. Post some thoughts once you smoke it, I'd be interested to hear your take on it.
    will do Joe. i would call the vitola a double toro due the the torp wrap but the darn thing is as long as a churchill. it's awesome
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    nice!!! there is just too many great BOTL's here!
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    dennisking:
    will do Joe. i would call the vitola a double toro due the the torp wrap but the darn thing is as long as a churchill. it's awesome
    Yes these things are definately massive....last week i dropped in to a B&M I frequent when away on business and these caught my eye right away, look fordward to hearing about these bad boys. That is a BIG TIME pkg!
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like these, I've had the El Principe size and it had some kick in the beginning (lots of spice), I liked the flavors in the middle, it's been a while since I have had it but if I remember right, the spice mellowed but was still present and got some cedar and I think coffee, then the spice kicked up on the end again. I do remeber that I smoked it to the nub and then some. I know it's not much but I hope it helps.
    it's nice to see some of you guys have had these and know what they are. i know that this package was def. given with care. i was talking about this brand and another brand, Cuaba, with him and next thing you know... so let's see how this edition of San Cristobal is. i'll find out tonight. happy father's day to me!!
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dennisking:
    it's nice to see some of you guys have had these and know what they are. i know that this package was def. given with care. i was talking about this brand and another brand, Cuaba, with him and next thing you know... so let's see how this edition of San Cristobal is. i'll find out tonight. happy father's day to me!!
    With this in you immediate future it sounds more like a "Great Father's Day" to you. Enjoy. I hope you have a premium beverage to go with it. Now that you mention it, I may have to go with a IV from that other, more famous, brand and pair it with some 23 year old Ron Zacapa.
  • letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Posts: 677 ✭✭
    Hope you enjoy them! Glad they got to you okay.
    letsgowithbob:
    Hope you enjoy them! Glad they got to you okay.
    so here's the mini review
    the prelight aroma was very heavy in floral and cedar notes. the habano wrapper smelled absolutely delicious. the prelight draw was perfect, especially for a stick this long (double toro). the initial light brought all the wonderful smells that a great habano has but with a floral note that was phenomenal. the flavor was there immediately and the body was med-full to full right off the bat. the first third was very similar to a 5 Vegas Classic, Padilla Habano, or Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet. these sticks are not identical but there are a lot of similarities. the second third really kicked in with more body and at one point I even got dizzy for a moment. This is very similar in flavor to the DPG blended San Cristobal. on the final third I started to pick up notes that were very similar to a Tatuaje Red Verocu Tubo. Basically, this is a great stick that embodies a lot of the same great experiences that other great sticks that I love have. This is a stick that lives up to the hype of country of origin. yes there are sticks from that country that don't measure up but this one is tops in my book. I can say it's in my top 5 easily. That's a prestigious place to be since the Anejo also resides up there.
    I know that I reference a lot of cigars here that you guys may or may not group together but in my world of tastebuds, they are very similar.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Diamondog:
    dennisking:
    Yes these things are definately massive....last week i dropped in to a B&M I frequent when away on business and these caught my eye right away, look fordward to hearing about these bad boys. That is a BIG TIME pkg!
    Hey DD, do you recall what they were going for at that b&m? Not that I would even think about sending you money to buy me some, that would be illegal and I would never do anything like that.Smile [:)]
    it would be highly illegal, and so worth it.....
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    I've been researching these cigars for a while and all the reviews say they age very very well. I may be acquiring some in the near future. They look delicious.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
    j0z3r:
    Diamondog:
    dennisking:
    Hey DD, do you recall what they were going for at that b&m? Not that I would even think about sending you money to buy me some, that would be illegal and I would never do anything like that.Smile [:)]
    LOL, I HAD to stop in on my way by today.....I am travelling on business so I made a little pit stop and picked 1 up, it was $24.75 for the single...$119.63 for a 5 pack. This stick is a monster!
    Diamondog:
    j0z3r:
    Diamondog:
    dennisking:
    LOL, I HAD to stop in on my way by today.....I am travelling on business so I made a little pit stop and picked 1 up, it was $24.75 for the single...$119.63 for a 5 pack. This stick is a monster!
    holy cow, Canada sure is expensive.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    j0z3r:
    Diamondog:
    dennisking:
    what do you mean? I'm just interested in buying collectible bands. ;)
    dennisking:
    Diamondog:
    j0z3r:
    Diamondog:
    dennisking:
    holy cow, Canada sure is expensive.
    Actually the place I get them is on a Mohawk reserve, if I were to buy that stick at a B&M off the reserve it would prbably be double the price, there is no taxes on the reserve...