Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Kent1146: Review of Cigar.com Brazilian Label

I've re-adopted this hobby after an 8-year hiatus.  And it's quickly becoming an addiction.  I'm going to start posting my review and tasting notes of the cigars that I smoke, now that I've made a "real" purchase of cigars ($170 over 26 sticks) that cover a range of flavors.  Here is my Cigar.com Brazilian Label review:

Cigar Name:  Cigar.com Brazilian Label

Cigar Size:  Torpedo – 6x52

Wrapper:  Nicaraguan Maduro

Accompanying Drink:  Generous glass of Bin 23 Port

Pre-Light:  The maduro skin on this cigar is a nice, dark, oily maduro wrapper that looks like 90% dark chocolate.  Medium veins, excellent construction with a nice firm feel to it.  Stored in a 74F/67% humidor for 1 day before smoking (I just couldn’t help myself).  Cut this torpedo on a bias.  Mild, mellow aroma with hints of Spanish cedar.  Pre-light flavor with a slight hint of cinnamon.  Took a light from a butane torch lighter with ease.

First 1/3rd: Very smooth, neutral draw with medium body.  Slight flavors of cocoa, mellow spice, with a hint of leather, with aftertaste of slight coffee.  Burn was perfect, reflecting a perfect construction.  Began opening up after the first few cm’s.  Non-inhaled smoke was a turquoise blue.  Ash was completely intact at over 1.5 inches, before I released it with a slight tap.

Second 1/3rd:  This cigar began developing its flavors significantly.  Coffee flavor began to develop into a stronger aroma.  Smooth, velvety chocolate taste became prominent, with after-taste of cinnamon.  Inhaled smoke was very creamy and sweet, exhaled as a rich, white cloud that smelled cedar with a touch of clove.  Burn remained completely consistent.  Ash remained intact, before released with a slight tap.  The “feel” of the cigar changed to a light sponge texture after warming up from the smoke.  This portion of the cigar was by far the most enjoyable.

Last 1/3rd:  Coffee and chocolate flavors remained prominent.  Smoke retained its sweet flavor and creamy texture on inhale, with stronger tastes of cedar and hints of almonds(?).  Exhaled smoke retained its rich white cloud, with aroma that changed more to cedar.  Burn remained consistant, ash remained intact.  Cigar never got harsh, and smoke never got hot.  Smoked this down to the last ¾”.

Overall impressions:  This cigar is the embodiment of eating a fine Swiss milk chocolate in both taste and experience.  Flavors are developed and highly enjoyable, but are not as complex as tasting a dark chocolate or smoking a higher-end cigar.  Construction and burn were excellent, both indicative of a well-made cigar.  Highly enjoyable cigar, and at approximately $2.50 per stick, highly recommended as an “everyday” smoke for those who enjoy a maduro.  Rated 8.5/10 for its excellent taste and value.

Comments

• Options
    brodskalesbrodskales Posts: 78
    ccom used to have a Brazilian label?
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes.  Forgot they discontinued it.  Wasn't my favorite house blend or my favorite "Brazilian". 
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.