Simple question. Yes, or no.

Comments

• wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Yes, I do believe in God.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Do I believe in a god, no.

Do I believe in God, yes.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    First off I love how we can talk about anything here.
    And to answer the question yes I believe in GOD.

• Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I believe in God.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    cabinetmaker:

good answer. and I agree fully. Not "a" God, just "the" God.
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Not 100% sure of my answer, and it is subjct to change (as it has twice before)....but at this time...No, I do not.
  • bsjones7bsjones7 Posts: 15
    Without a doubt I believe in God
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    cabinetmaker:

Well said. Agree 100%
  • vegassparkyvegassparky Posts: 365
    yes, I do. We talk often!
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Cmon all you god haters and non-believers like me....I know youre here, lol.
  • mrpillowmrpillow Posts: 464
    I do believe we're outnumbered, Vulchor ;)
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Vulchor:
    +1
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    docbp87:
    Vulchor:
    +1
    Who's God do you refer to? The Jewish one. the Muslim one, or any of the dozens of others.

Better question might have been... do you believe in Religion? HE LL NO !
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Alex Williams:
    cabinetmaker:

Well said. Agree 100%
    Once you feel His touch, all doubt is gone. And once you understand that He has a plan, and you stop struggling against it and simply place yourself in His hands, life gets SO much easier. :-D Open your heart and your eyes, and you will see His hand everywhere.

For those who may be wondering, 1) non-denominational, and 2) no history of mental illness here. :-D

• gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Yes , I believe in a superior being ... studies of different ancient texts and other material may have moved my beliefs a little off main stream but I do believe.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    The Sniper:
    Alex Williams:
    cabinetmaker:

Well said. Agree 100%
    Once you feel His touch, all doubt is gone. And once you understand that He has a plan, and you stop struggling against it and simply place yourself in His hands, life gets SO much easier. :-D Open your heart and your eyes, and you will see His hand everywhere.

For those who may be wondering, 1) non-denominational, and 2) no history of mental illness here. :-D

Well said Sniper! You can believe or not, it is your choice! I am a disciple.
  • MrMokeMrMoke Posts: 321 ✭✭
    Yes, absolutely, there is a God

And; it's not me!

• GadwinDuilGadwinDuil Posts: 474
    I believe there is the potential for higher power.

However, I am very much a "as soon as I experience it, or it is proven to me" kind of person... And because of that - No, I do not believe there is god, or 'a' god
    GadwinDuil:

However, I am very much a "as soon as I experience it, or it is proven to me" kind of person... And because of that - No, I do not believe there is god, or 'a' god
    And thats why it took me nearly 30 years myself Ryan. :-D I hope that our friendship stays strong enough that you will come tell me when it finally happens for you.

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    this is a very interesting question.

i think there is a god of some sort.

im not 100% sure that God has an everyday roll in our lives.

i do know that i want to live as good a life as i am able. if there is a God, i hope that God understands that i am doing my best to be logical and rational and good. i hope this will not count against me should there be an afterlife.

religion is another question.

... one that i dont know i am even remotely qualified to answer.
    kuzi16:
    this is a very interesting question.

i think there is a god of some sort.

im not 100% sure that God has an everyday roll in our lives.

i do know that i want to live as good a life as i am able. if there is a God, i hope that God understands that i am doing my best to be logical and rational and good. i hope this will not count against me should there be an afterlife.

religion is another question.

... one that i dont know i am even remotely qualified to answer.
    Excellently said kuz!
  • GadwinDuilGadwinDuil Posts: 474
    The Sniper:
    GadwinDuil:

And thats why it took me nearly 30 years myself Ryan. :-D I hope that our friendship stays strong enough that you will come tell me when it finally happens for you.

I appreciate the understanding, my friend. It's far too often that myself or people like me get berated, or are chosen to be preached to night and day.

On a sort of related note, and without trying to derail the thread, I do not believe whatsoever in organized religion!

If there is a higher power - I believe they'd forgive you for not praising them all the time at a specific interval, or with many people at a time! /grumble grumble.

Sorry, felt I should clarify that... lol
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a deep faith in God, but I am not necessarily a religious person, if that makes sense!
    YankeeMan:
    I have a deep faith in God, but I am not necessarily a religious person, if that makes sense!
    perfect sense.
  • babsdpubabsdpu Posts: 143
    cabinetmaker:

Couldn't have said it better.
  • I love God and I love people... religion just gets in the way.
  • ljlljl Posts: 819
    No, I do not believe in a god. I do think that there are many things that humans can't fully experience or understand.

I would like to say that this thread has proven to be very amiable. I'm glad to see that people with differences appear to be keeping respect for views they do not share.

• illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    I believe in God, yes, but like others I do not consider myself a religious person. I do not need a church to tell me that what I feel is real, nor do I need to be validated by others for believing or scorned and ridiculed for not believing. I believe in God and I also believe that He takes on many different forms for many different people. That is my belief, and its ok if you don't believe what I believe.

I just realized how many times I used belief and believe lol
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I do find it interesting that so many folks confess that there is no God or have no knowledge of Him. I am a religous person who has always professed that He exists and can be known. I find it impossible to believe that there is not nore than we can see, hear, or feel. So often true religion is given a bad name by so few who wish to steal, kill, and destroy.
    fla-gypsy:
    So often true religion is given a bad name by so few who wish to steal, kill, and destroy.
    i agree with this right here.

true religion and faith have been scorned because of a few bad apples.