Home General Discussion
Options

Just bought my first humidor

Sooo happy. So I read the tips for getting a humidor, and originally wanted a 50 count, so i got a 100 count haha. I bought the 5 Vegas tradicion humidor, and was wondering if anyone had any experience with one and how it is working out for them.

Comments

• Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    I dont have any experience with that particular humidor but you've made a smart move buying double what you think you need.. thats rule number one and you followed it!
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    I have the humidor you speak of and I LOVE IT! It's great. The design is beautiful and it works perfectly! I've gotten some very nice comments on it when I've had people over.
  • Options
    Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    Good choice doubling size...i started with the 20 count ccom box they sell here, and then after a couple months upgraded to a 300 count and its packed already, have another 300 on its way...lol
  • Options
    surfingzeekosurfingzeeko Posts: 628
    Lol nice. Yeah i am really excited, and glad to see that others love it. these forums are amazing, and a wealth of knowledge. Im really glad i stumbled upon it.
  • Options
    welcome my friend...the generosity here is amazing...the knowledge is amazing as well....Ive gotten so much useful info from every one here....Ive hopefully met lifelong friends to count and rely on for a long time coming...let me know if you need help getting on the good traders list and ill set up a trade with ya
  • Options
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    welcome my friend...the generosity here is amazing...the knowledge is amazing as well....Ive gotten so much useful info from every one here....Ive hopefully met lifelong friends to count and rely on for a long time coming...let me know if you need help getting on the good traders list and ill set up a trade with ya
    PM incoming
  • Options
    replied
  • Options
    and back again :)
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Good choice starting with a 100 count. Enjoy
  • Options
    coronaex30coronaex30 Posts: 35
    surfing? man my fiance and boys just got me the 5 vegas tradicion humidor combo on ci's site for father's day so far been working great enjoy it seems like good quality so far!! i still can't believe she actually got it she's the **** how are you liking it so far any problems?
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    I got the exact same one man! Great lookin humi man. People always curious what it is and whats inside. It took me over a week to season it, but I wasnt being patient. Best thing to do is when you start to season it, just lock it and forget about the key for about 2-3 days. I kept opening it every day and it took me forever to season it properly. Holds great temp and rh and a great overall humi. I have some heartfelt beads in there along with a digital hydrometer.
  • Options
    brotheradambrotheradam Posts: 896
    Congrats on the new purchase Mike, that's a nice humi.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on the new humidor! You better go ahead and buy your next one. Trust me you will need it soon.
  • Options
    Thanks for the tip zeebra I should be getting it tomorrow and I'm super excited
  • Options
    martymcg43martymcg43 Posts: 396
    i broke down the other day and bought a cooler... looks like i'll be purchasing a lot of Daily Deals to fill that baby up... so please Ccom keep the tatuaje/san cristobal-esque deals a-comin!
  • Options
    Alright the humidor arrived today. What a sexy box lol. So I wiped it down with a damp cloth (not soaking wet) with distilled water, and put a shallow dish in it with some more distilled water. I also filled up the iQ humidifier and put that in too. Now it's sitting upstairs. Anything I forgot to do? Other than buy a digital hygrometer...
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Sounds good so far. Did you salt test your analog hygrometer to calibrate it yet, that takes quite a while.
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    surfingzeeko:
    Alright the humidor arrived today. What a sexy box lol. So I wiped it down with a damp cloth (not soaking wet) with distilled water, and put a shallow dish in it with some more distilled water. I also filled up the iQ humidifier and put that in too. Now it's sitting upstairs. Anything I forgot to do? Other than buy a digital hygrometer...
    As far as I know, that should be it. That's what I'm doing right now with my new humidor. Trying to break it in, but my gel beads in my rectangle humidifier over-expanded (because I followed the instructions and the instructions are wrong), so I'm trying to dry them out. In the meantime, I'm using the IQ humidifier until the gel's dried up a bit.
  • Options
    Yeah I have some conserva-gel beads on the way, so I'll be using those soon, just seasoning my humi with the stock humi right now
  • Options
    surfingzeeko:
    Yeah I have some conserva-gel beads on the way, so I'll be using those soon, just seasoning my humi with the stock humi right now
    Don't follow the instructions lol. It'll tell you to drown it in distilled water for 4 hours. I did it for 1 hour and 30 min and the gel beads almost exploded the humidifier. Now, it's a pain in the *** just to get it back down to normal. Just do it for 20 min and you'll be fine.
  • Options
    wwhwang:
    surfingzeeko:
    Don't follow the instructions lol. It'll tell you to drown it in distilled water for 4 hours. I did it for 1 hour and 30 min and the gel beads almost exploded the humidifier. Now, it's a pain in the *** just to get it back down to normal. Just do it for 20 min and you'll be fine.
    For the beads or for the humi? mine didn't come with any instructions, so i just poured water into it until it wouldn't take anymore, poured out the excess, wiped it down and put it in. Any hygrometers you guys want to suggest that are reasonably priced?
  • Options
    The beads. Just dunk it in water for about 20 to 30 min and you'll be good. Not like 4 hours in the instructions. I suggest you get the Humi set (for another gel bead humi AND a digital hygrometer) from CCom, but ask Kelly or Tim first. Regular price is 30 bucks. I got it for 15.

http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?prod=SP-HMC01
  • Options
    Edit - Stupid connection made me double post. Disregard this one.
  • Options
    bigbgballzbigbgballz Posts: 283
    Pics of the set up or it didnt happen! :)
  • Options
    PhotobucketPhotobucket Alright here it is guys
  • Options
    Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    surfingzeeko:
    PhotobucketPhotobucket Alright here it is guys
    thats good lookin!
  • Options
    bigbgballzbigbgballz Posts: 283
    I like it! Thanks for posting!
  • Options
    Friggin A. I just finished seasoning it yesterday, got it all ready, and filled it up today. It's already almost full! time to start saving again...
  • Options
    surfingzeeko:
    Friggin A. I just finished seasoning it yesterday, got it all ready, and filled it up today. It's already almost full! time to start saving again...
    Did you wipe it down with a damp sponge or just put a bowl of water with the charged humidifer in? I opted for the latter 4 or 5 days ago, and it's still 80-82% humidity. Should I take the bowl of water out now?
  • Options
    What I did was take a damp cloth, wiped down the whole inside and tray twice, put a shallow dish of water in the bottom. then I took apart the crappy humidifier, take out the sponge thing, filled it full of charged conservagel beads, and put that in as well. Left it for about 5 days, then took out the dish and put the other bag of charged beads in the bottom after I made a small partition for it, along with 4 water pillows. Now I filled it up with cigars, and I'm almost full already! the brothers here are too generous lol I cant keep up! Ill post pictures tomorrow.