Home General Discussion
Options

Hell and Back!!! Hello Cigars!!!

LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
Well guys.... I have NOT made it to the 4th ANNUAL cigar sitdown at the Capt.'s house

I was supposed to start driving at 10pm and get there sometime around 4am.... So why am I getting home a few hours ago and haven't seen Capt's walk-in humidor???

Well that's cuz at the Wendy's 3 hours into the drive I was hit in the rear right tire by a motorist... My truck was fine and they had a HUGE dent in their bumper... so I let it go

ONE HOUR LATER I had the back-end of my truck wobble INCREDIBLY and then straighten out and so I thought I had a clear path... Well what happened was the bearing seal on my rear axle was broke and the Axle grease on my Tahoe was leaking and then my whole rear axle just wore out and started smoking more that a little bit!!!
Long story to short $hitty story, I had to get a hotel in a little bumfuck town and pay for a new rear-axle to get overnighted to a crappy mechanic and then $2000 later I can drive my truck back home...

I WAS SUPPOSED TO WORK TODAY!!! but just got home a little bit ago...

So Capt.... I hope it was a great time... I'm tired, pissed, and maybe a little upset that I couldn't spend time in the Euphoria that is the Mid-west Sitdown...

Is it time for bed yet???

Nate

Comments

• Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Ouch, sounds like a really bad day! Did you get the motorist info? If so send that bill to their insurance..
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    Ouch, sounds like a really bad day! Did you get the motorist info? If so send that bill to their insurance..
    Agreed. I have learned over time (the wisdom of old age) that no matter what, you always need to get the other persons insurance info for just such an incident. Glad that you are OK though. Get some rest and then hopefully things will be a little brighter.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    man... that sucks.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    Ummmmm...... no comment....

After a good night's sleep in my own bed I'm better... Gonna smoke a good stick today and hopefully it'll make me forget
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Check with the Wendy's. Maybe have a security tape of the incident.
  • Options
    zoom6zoom:
    Check with the Wendy's. Maybe have a security tape of the incident.
    That may be a good idea! I'll check into that!
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Sucks ass, is what that does. Crap like that just floats around in the air, landing on people at random. I've been lucky for a good long while, which means I'm probably coming up next.
  • Options
    CaptCapt Posts: 127 ✭✭
    It indeed was a great time. We had about 9 people here from the original forum, and it was a BLAST. The forum people got here early Friday and a few early Saturday. We drank the keg of Summer Brew John home-brewed, plus a case of home made wine and mead. Captain Dan from SmokingMeatForums.com arrived Friday evening to have a few and get some sleep, because he had to get the 100 lbs of beef brisket and pork going at 230am. The food and atmosphere was terrific, and there was never a lack of cigars being smoked. Every single guest that came wanted a tour of the humidor and the pipe tobacco cellar. The guests left full of food, with pockets stuffed with cigars. We had about 110 guests come through all day. I wanted to thank Alex, Cigar.com and Cusano once again for their wonderful donations! I ended up in bed at 330, and was up again at 7 to help pack everyone up and send them on their way. We cleaned up what was left to do (guests helped clean Sat night) so it was a relaxing evening for Lisa and I. She went to bed last night about 7, and I sat in the chair enjoying a pipe and a few drams of Balvenie Doublewood that Cybrus brought, reflecting on another Mid-West Sit-down success!
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Lassy that sounds like something that would happen to me.
  • Options
    urbino:
    Sucks ass, is what that does. Crap like that just floats around in the air, landing on people at random. I've been lucky for a good long while, which means I'm probably coming up next.
    Tell ya what... if the EXACT SAME THING happens to you, then I'll give you my humidor and all it's contents...

Although it'd be weird if my girlfriend was riding around in Urbi's car, I shouldn't have said that for my Girlfriend has been acting different lately, maybe she's dating URBY!
  • Options
    I was gonna wait and let her tell you, but, yeah, I'm her new favorite flava.
    Capt:
    I sat in the chair enjoying a pipe and a few drams of Balvenie Doublewood
    Mmmmmm. My favorite Scotch. What's your pipe tobacco of choice, Capt?
  • Options
    urbino:
    I was gonna wait and let her tell you, but, yeah, I'm her new favorite flava.
    Capt:
    I sat in the chair enjoying a pipe and a few drams of Balvenie Doublewood
    Mmmmmm. My favorite Scotch. What's your pipe tobacco of choice, Capt?
    PM sent.
  • Options
    And answered.
  • Options

Nate, that sucks.  As the Capt described you missed a great party.  All we can do now is pressure the Capt to hurry up and have another party so you can try again.

John

• Options
    twoputts:

Nate, that sucks.  As the Capt described you missed a great party.  All we can do now is pressure the Capt to hurry up and have another party so you can try again.

John

I think someone else should host it! lol It gets real expensive trying to feed 100+ people with food AND beverages! But seriously, I had a great time and was glad to see everyone from the forum that came. Next year will be as good, if not better!
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about your mishap, that really sucks. Capt hosted another kick ass party, his and Lisa's hospitality were way over the top, Dan's bbq was awsome, he had this mobile smoker from hell loaded with meat, John's (twoputts) home brew was excellent a big hit with everybody, his wine still needs a little work :-) and cigar smoke filled the air. I don't think anyone can top the Capt, there was even girls wrestling in the back yard.
  • Options
    markus59:
    Sorry to hear about your mishap, that really sucks. Capt hosted another kick ass party, his and Lisa's hospitality were way over the top, Dan's bbq was awsome, he had this mobile smoker from hell loaded with meat, John's (twoputts) home brew was excellent a big hit with everybody, his wine still needs a little work :-) and cigar smoke filled the air. I don't think anyone can top the Capt, there was even girls wrestling in the back yard.
    Ahh, the wrestlers....... It never fails. It was a great time, I hope to have it in early June this next year, too much going on this time of year to cramp it in, but nevertheless, a great time was had by all. I will be checking out here Friday, heading to grouse camp for a week, returning for a day or two, then heading up for the month. Everyone take care!
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Now that statement requires an explanation.. What is Grouse Camp ?
  • Options
    It's a place in the country where all the little grouses go for the summer. They learn to swim and ride horses and make lanyards and such, and build their self-esteem. Sometimes little grouse romances blossom. Sometimes a maniac shows up with a chainsaw and kills everybody.

You know. Grouse camp.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    Now that statement requires an explanation.. What is Grouse Camp ?
    The ruffed grouse, (a.k.a. Partridge) season in Michigan opens Sept 15th. The grouse is known as "The King of Gamebirds", due to their elusiveness, keen eyesight, and extremely fast flushes and flight. We all go up to my buddy' cabin, about 8 of us with about 20 birddogs, and hunt for a few weeks at a time. I take the whole month of October off of work to bird hunt over my two dogs. As a matter of fact, Alex shot his first ever wild bird over of of my fine dogs a few years back. Its a great time to catch up, show off new doubleguns, tell stories about how your dog is the best, and drink some fine libations. And of course, yours truly is the camp cook. Everyone loves the firehouse chef!
  • Options
    See? Capt is the maniac who shows up and kills everybody.

(Fireman-ing must be more lucrative than I ever supposed.)
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    urbino:

Het Urbi, I think I like Captains explaination a little bit better, although I would like to see a bird ride a horse !
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Hey, Capt, I hope you don't invite VP Cheney along for that one!
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    urbino:

Het Urbi, I think I like Captains explaination a little bit better
    Well, there's no accounting for taste. ;)