Home General Discussion
Options

I felt dirty.

So a friend of mine is really into Acids. I wanted to get him one, but I felt like a tool.
Now my local B+M is really cool. They don't look down on you or make you feel like a prat for not being in there all the time. So I walk in just planning on getting the Acid and getting out of there before someone saw me. In the end I had to cancel out the Acid kuba kuba with a Cain F.

The Acid even felt bad when I touched it throgh the cello. I got to go take a shower.......

Comments

• Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    LOL. I needed a good laugh, and that did it!

• Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    My brother-in-law is not the biggest cigar smoker. When he is with my dad and I he would have a mild cigar here and there. He started to buy a few at a time and keep them in his small humi. A few months ago I was over his house and he ordered an Acid sampler and he kept saying how much he liked them and was amazed that anyone would smoke anything else. As much as I tried to tell him that they are not "true" cigars, I came to the conclusion that I would rather have somebody to enjoy a cigar with than not at all, Acid or not. I did try one that he gave me and that will be the last one I have.
  • Options
    thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    acids are that bad? i have never smoked one,never had any intenstions either,
    everywhere i go they say bad things about them,
    a guy on craigslist here wanted to trade a unopened box of some partigas from 1998 he got at a aution he would trade them for some boxes acids,my only concern was how where the partigas kept? out in the open or humdified since it was a estate auction he got them from i was leaning towards out in the open,
    that was the only time i ever considered buying them to trade off,
  • Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    same here...I have the Acid Sampler tin and have never gotten beyond storing the stiks in a separate container. I will trade or give it away to anyone that is into these stiks. Just PM me with your address.
  • Options
    WoodyOWoodyO Posts: 12
    I actually enjoy most Drew Estate sticks (that I've tried). They're certainly not enjoyable everyday, but I usually have a few on hand for when I'm in the mood. I picked up a kuba kuba 5 pack a while and I've only smoked one. I recently smoked a Def Sea that was gifted to me, and I thought it was a little bland compared to most Acids. Blondies are probably my favorite since they are only 4 x 38, so I can get in and get out before I get tired of the botanicals. Java's and Tabak Especials are pretty tasty on occasion as well. My wife likes to hang around when I'm smoking them.
  • Options
    sirfoster83sirfoster83 Posts: 783
    My lovely wife will stop and pick me up a stick every now and then. So last week she comes into the garage where I'm enjoying a cigar and hands me a Kuba Kuba. I layghed and she asked what was so funny. I had her smell the cigar and she instantly gagged!

She was so mad the guy at the shop recomended it she went back and exchanged it for a La Gloria Cubana. Just so you know the shop she stops at is mostly a cigarette and bongs! The Kuba Kuba smells like the cologne my Dad wore when I was 7. NASTY
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got an Drew Estates sampler from here some time ago. I liked the Natural, Tabak Especiale, but really hated the Acid. It had a weird taste and I knew I didn't like it, but I couldn't place the taste.

My son, who got me into man made cigars in the first place, took one puff and said, "Cloves!" I hate cloves, but he hit it right on the head. I do like the Tabaks though, especially with my morning coffee.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    ACID =Chemical fire in your mouth.
    I do like the Natural line though. Every single one that I've had has been pretty good.
    I'm still waiting to try the Liga and the other non infused lines.

• Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    I do like the Natural line though. Every single one that I've had has been pretty good.

Liga Privada No.9 and T52 are fantastic smokes. Awesome enough to justify all the chemical fires DE has ever caused.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    About once a year I try out an infused cigar. I always regret it.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I tried an Acid Liquid one day, at the 5 minute mark the only liquid I could taste was the vomit it was causing and ditched it.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    sightunseen:
    stephen_hannibal:

Liga Privada No.9 and T52 are fantastic smokes. Awesome enough to justify all the chemical fires DE has ever caused.
    +1 to both....... I have to say I enjoyed the Natural. And I love the Liga Privada line. I had a Flying Pig the other day. Pure awesomeness......
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    sightunseen:
    YES! Don't get me wrong, I knock the Acid line as well, but wow is the Liga Privada line fantastic. Gotta grab up a few more of the T52s - I liked them better than the No 9s I've tried.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had my first Acid on Friday and it was different. Not sure what I think.
  • Options
    WoodyOWoodyO Posts: 12
    The Liga Privada line is pretty pricey (as with most Drew Estate lines). I liked them both, but for the price I could think of a lot of other sticks I'd prefer. I notice that certain Acid sticks have left a stink on me for a couple days, so either I need to work on my hygiene or those botanicals really absorb into my skin and beard. I've still got a couple more Acid sticks left over from the sampler that I haven't tried yet. All of the negative comments above are kind of making me think I'll continue to sit on them.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    love the Java and Tabac Especial ...
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    undulac:
    As much as I tried to tell him that they are not "true" cigars
    The thing is, they ARE true cigars. I, for one, cannot stand Acids at all and have no desire whatsoever to try any more infused cigars... To be honest about it though, they are still perfectly legitimate, handmade cigars, that just so happen to have a chemical flavoring infusion. Is this everybody's cup of tea? No. But is it bringing more people to cigars than we'd have otherwise? Yes. And are they still handrolled, long leaf cigars? Yes. I think the key identifier should be that they are not traditional cigars, versus real cigars.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    BTJR99BTJR99 Posts: 97
    Hays:
    undulac:
    As much as I tried to tell him that they are not "true" cigars
    The thing is, they ARE true cigars. I, for one, cannot stand Acids at all and have no desire whatsoever to try any more infused cigars... To be honest about it though, they are still perfectly legitimate, handmade cigars, that just so happen to have a chemical flavoring infusion. Is this everybody's cup of tea? No. But is it bringing more people to cigars than we'd have otherwise? Yes. And are they still handrolled, long leaf cigars? Yes. I think the key identifier should be that they are not traditional cigars, versus real cigars.
    +1 I have friends that I turned on to cigars with the kuba kuba. They have all branched out to traditional cigars but most of them will tell you that if it had not been for the Acid cigars they would have never tried a cigar in the first place.
    I'm a bit of a Drew Estate fan boy, some of the Acid line i really like and some I think are awful. The Liga Privada cigars are IMHO some of the best cigars out there and La Vieja Habana are good and cheap enough for a daily smoke.
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I think everyone should burn one every now and then whether you like them or not. It'll make you appreciative of non-infused cigars, and will clear your house of mice, rats, roaches, fleas, ticks, skunks, snakes, pretty much anything with a sense of smell. Might even kill mold, but not sure about that one.