Home General Discussion
Options

Cigar dealers

Hi all,
I'm currently in the middle of a move across the country, and I noticed that there is a Cigar distributor fairly close to where my mother lives, and I happen to be staying with her for about 2 weeks before I report to my next duty station.

So, I was wondering if anyone here has ever heard of or used JR Cigars before.  They are about a 45 minute drive from my Mothers house, so I am wondering if it is worth the trip or not, and honestly looking at their inventory, I am a bit disappointed considering they don't have 2 of the brands I want to try, and they also don't sell individual cigars.

Well, I was just wondering if anyone else has used them, and if so what was the experience. 

Comments

• Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Honestly, talk about other retailers is a bit taboo here. Ten years ago JR was great. I can't say anything about JR these days, because CCom has everything I need.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Since he's talking about a physical store, it's not really taboo. Now if he were talking about the JR website, that would be another matter altogether.

To kind of answer the question, I've bought from them before, they've got good pricing on some things and it was an ok experience. I wouldn't buy anything else because I've found they don't carry a lot of brands that I like, plus cigar.com is pretty great.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I live pretty close to the JR store. I really dislike that place. I have been in there about 3 or 4 times, purchased a couple sticks each time (they do sell singles, by the way)and was treated like I was getting in the way. The selection is mediocre at best, and the prices change often. I stay away from them and order from CCOM. You will get the best service here, the prices are pretty good, and they ship quickly to anywhere.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I've never been to the store, but a buddy of mine bought me a JR store brand cigar. It wasn't bad, had a razor sharp burn too.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    interpiminterpim Posts: 146
    thanks for the replies... I am planning on making a CCom order once I get settled into my new house... I don't want to order something and not have an address to send it to LOL.  I was asking about the B&M place because I knew it was a huge outlet... sorry if I broke any rules.

If they do sell singles, I may drop in for a couple... at least see what they are like.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought from JR a time or two but, like the rest of the guys here are saying, CCOM has a much better selection, good prices, and EXCELLENT customer service. I can't say enough good about CCOM.

Marty

• Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I hang out at my local JRs which is about 15 minutes from me all the time. Now, with that being said I barely buy from them. Not that I don't like them or anything but I find that most of what I want O can get from cigar.com and for better prices than what places in NJ sell for. With that being said, they carry OpusX once in a while and they are never more than $20. I'm becoming friendly with the manager since he lives in my town. I like the place because I can go there, hang with some friends, drink, smoke, eat and relax! I can't remember the last time I bought anything there but it may have been like 2 years ago when I bought a box of Partagas 150s.