Home General Discussion
Options

Unindentified Monte (Maybe fake???)

LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
I have received from a local Cigarette Outlet owner a grab bag of cigars.

Romeo and Julieta 1875 Tubo

Hoya de Monterrey Excalibur 1066

Partagas 1995 series Tubo

Don Diego Tubo

Partagas 1845

But I also got a Montecristo from him as well and this guy looks different... It has a Picture label with the Eiffel Tower and Paris skyline in the background

Montecristo – Paris Label Torpedo ?

Any insight as to what cigar this is? I'm wondering if this is an older cigar for the "Cello" is brown and not 100% transparent

I'm signing up for Photobucket now if you guys need pics

Comments

• Options
    Unidentified Montecristo
  • Options
    Unidentified Montecristo Cigar
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Hell if I know. I think its too original to be a fake!
  • Options
    Hindsight... maybe shoulda taken off the Cello' for the pic... but my cellphone cam takes a decent pic I think

And jeez... if Maddy doesn't know then who's left?

"Help Obi-wan KeKUZI... You're my only hope!"
  • Options
    CaptCapt Posts: 127 ✭✭
    It is indeed an original.
  • Options
    Capt:
    I haven't seen this guy on the internet either... hmmmmm
  • Options
    ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    Here is what you have:

The Montecristo Cigare des Artes blend was introduced in 1998 by Consolidated Cigar as a richer and fuller bodied option to their existing Montecristo line. The entire range consists of only four large cigars each with limited availability. They incorporated the Parisian impressionist style of artwork by Michael Delacroix as part of their distinct packaging.

Another source says: Montecristo Cigare des Artes, introduced as an “ultimate cigar” in 1998, with a Nicaraguan wrapper, but discontinued in 2003.
  • Options
    Scrambler:
    Here is what you have:

The Montecristo Cigare des Artes blend was introduced in 1998 by Consolidated Cigar as a richer and fuller bodied option to their existing Montecristo line. The entire range consists of only four large cigars each with limited availability. They incorporated the Parisian impressionist style of artwork by Michael Delacroix as part of their distinct packaging.

Another source says: Montecristo Cigare des Artes, introduced as an “ultimate cigar” in 1998, with a Nicaraguan wrapper, but discontinued in 2003.
    Well I'll be.... Scrambler, you have made my day... now I don't know if the cigarette owner has any more of them... I don't think he knows what they are for he said nothing about them, just handed it to me.

I'll see if I can get some more!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Scrambler:
    Here is what you have:

thats about what i got too. good lookin out scrambler!
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    Scrambler:
    Here is what you have:

thats about what i got too. good lookin out scrambler!
    okay Obi-wan KeKUZI... next question.... is this a FIND? or just a normal cigar?
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    id say its a find. last made in '02. thats 6 years aged right off the bat. think of how few of them exist in the world at this point?

i found that in april of '02 they ran about $12 a stick.
    Sumutran Besuki Shade Grown Tobacco wrapper, The binder is from the Dominican Republic, the filler is Dominican and Brazilian and is medium to full cigar in body.

the ones wrapped in cedar (i have read) have a tendency to catch a bit on the cedar when pulling them out of the cedar tube. so if this one is wrapped in cedar, unroll it. you should expect woody and cedar notes from it.

the blend was replaced by the "Platinum" line

there are some retailers out there that claim that they still have "new" or "fresh" ones. They dont. the line was done in 2002.
  • Options
    ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    If you can get your hands on more, I wouldn't mind trading for one or more. Some opinions I read seemed to indicate that when introduced, they were a good smoke but the price was more indicative of the packaging than the quality of the smoke itself: a solid cigar, but not worth $12 on its own. I'd guess that 6-10 years of age might have made these pretty damn good though. If you smoke it, let us know.
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Scrambler:
    If you can get your hands on more, I wouldn't mind trading for one or more.
    Same here if you can get your hands on more than a few.
  • Options
    Ask and ye shall receive

These I have picked up were from the Cigarette Outlet's owner's big Humi... I have not seen it though, the guy that works for me is the one who is getting these for me.

Identified MONTE
  • Options
    **** pic I know, but it's late and my phone camera can't handle 60watts!

I now have seven

Three for me for sure, one to smoke tomorrow (crossing fingers) and two to let sit... I'd assume I got a buddy or two who'd be all over these too, but the shop owner said that he's got more (maybe a box) but it's a little lost in the big humi right now... we'll see
  • Options
    Capt:
    Yoda has spoken
  • Options
    Nice haul Lassy. Let us know how they are and let me know if you want to trade some of them if you get more.
  • Options
    Just a side note... these guys are a little drier than my Humi...

The Humi was at a steady 67% and after putting all seven in there along with the other ones I got from him the Rh dropped to about 63%...

I put the Hygro right above the cigars and it still read 62-63% so these guys aren't dried out (they were in a humidor) but maybe since it's from a Cigarette shop owner who deals mainly in cigarettes he doesn't CONSTANTLY maintain it...
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Bad Andy:
    Capt:
    Yoda has spoken
    Hey bad Andy Yoda would say .." an original it is indeed. " he needs help on sentence structure.
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    kaspera79:
    Bad Andy:
    Capt:
    Yoda has spoken
    Hey bad Andy Yoda would say .." an original it is indeed. " he needs help on sentence structure.
    more like "original it is. hmph. smoke it you should.. yes."
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    And, "Help he needs on sentence structure. Yes!"
  • Options
    urbino:
    That would be, "On sentence structure; help he needs. Yes."
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    rdnstn:
    urbino:
    That would be, "On sentence structure; help he needs. Yes."
    "Structure on he help needs sentence. Yes."
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Big dorks you are, yes. Need life you get, hmm.