Home General Discussion
Options

The 4th........

firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
Whatcha smoking for the 4th?

I have a couple that I want to try, the "V" maduro and the Fuente Anejo. I will also be smoking 10 racks of babybacks for lunch with some BBQ'd beans to go along with it. I drive by a fireworks shop up in Wyoming about 2 times a month so I pretty stocked up on some "hell yeah" fireworks. Should be a great day!

Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I might break out my single Oliva Master Blends I. I don't know though, it'll be hard to talk myself into smoking it.
  • Options
    NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    going full on for my MOW, 4 stick badge.
  • Options
    gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    Thinking Oliva Serie V in the afternoon, Camacho PE around the fire pit watching fireworks.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Might go for the MOW Badge, 3 sticks. Regardless, the beer will be cold and the coals will be hot
  • Options
    The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    GOF ! I can't wait
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Smoking with my lady for the first time ever.
    So honestly I have no idea.

• Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    I work until 2 or so that day. I started a little tradition last year of having a few Sam Adams, smoking a cigar, and watching The Patriot with Mel Gibson. Nothing says America like an Australian playing an American fighting the British. There might be a get together at the lake, and I'll probably hang out there for a bit as well. I'm not sure yet.
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Prolly start with a RP decade and later on smoke my Padron 1926. Should be a good day.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    CAO America
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I have a CAO America, don't remember the name of the size, but it is the big one in the coffin box. I've had it for almost a year now and I'm pretty sure I got it from Laker. I've been looking forward to trying it and think the 4th will be a good day for it. Not sure what else I'll have, but it should be a good smoking day!
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Ah I have one from doug too! I might smoke it.

btw there is a thread already on this, lol.
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    I love my country and in horor of it, I have 2 CAO America BottleRockets and 2 CAO America Landmarks. I plan on having one of each and give one BottleRocket to my father-in-law and the other Landmark to my dad. My in-laws have a huge party every year. Swimming, BBQ, fireworks, drinks, and of course cigars. The nice thing is that they have a six bedroom home and since all the kids have been out of the house for years, there are five empty bedrooms. The whole family stays up late and spend the night so nobody has to drive home. As for the other guests, they're are on their own.
  • Options
    I think I said this last year around this time, but I find it funny how people smoke CAO Americas and Camacho Liberties to celebrate the 4th...I mean celebrating this country's independence with cigars made in Honduras. Not knocking any of you guys smoking those cigars, just something I find a little funny.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    I think I said this last year around this time, but I find it funny how people smoke CAO Americas and Camacho Liberties to celebrate the 4th...I mean celebrating this country's independence with cigars made in Honduras. Not knocking any of you guys smoking those cigars, just something I find a little funny.
    If we could make some good smokes here we would smoke them too. Maybe we should smoke stuff with some Penn. broadleaf instead?
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    j0z3r:
    If we could make some good smokes here we would smoke them too. Maybe we should smoke stuff with some Penn. broadleaf instead?
    If you're thinking Penn broadleaf, I'm gonna smoke a 5 Vegas AAA. But if you expect me to smoke a pure American tobacco cigar, I'm -not- smoking Black N' Milds.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    Ah I have one from doug too! I might smoke it.

btw there is a thread already on this, lol.

Sorry, guess i should have looked first.....
  • Options
    The patriotic thing to do is to smoke a Cuban cigar...burn down Communism one stick at a time.
  • Options
    surfingzeekosurfingzeeko Posts: 628
    j0z3r:
    The patriotic thing to do is to smoke a Cuban cigar...burn down Communism one stick at a time.
    lol nice
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Well the way I look at it is CAO is an American company (Tennessee) and the CAO is made with partial American tobacco with a red, white and blue label. Plus, it not a bad stick.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Well considering most cigars aren't made here than I find no logic in your post..
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Buying cigars rolled and sold by angry communist **** doesn't sound right for the 4th to me >_>

Now smoking one next time Obama or Pelosi make a comment about raising taxes is the right time to light one up IMO
  • Options
    xmacro:
    j0z3r:
    Buying cigars rolled and sold by angry communist **** doesn't sound right for the 4th to me >_>
    lol, why do they have to be aholes? Their just mis-understood.
  • Options
    Gulag, political oppression, killing any political dissenters, rape of prison inmates, human rights abuses (it was just a month ago that a political dissident starved to death in a hunger strike). The castro regime are a bunch of **** who deserve to swing from a rope at dawn
  • Options
    Way to take everything seriously guys, lighten up a bit. A sense of humor doesn't cost a dime.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Way to take everything seriously guys, lighten up a bit. A sense of humor doesn't cost a dime.
    I dunno sometimes a quarter...
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Barring being put in the hospital for an asthma attack, i am going to risk life and limb, an go for the full on MOW Special Forces Ranger Badge. Back to back to back to back! And yes Squirrel...I will have pics to prove it. LOL. Anyone else interested in doing an electronic Ranger herf on the 4th of July? Let me know. There have got to be a few brave souls out there.
  • Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    Im goin up North for the 4th so I am just bringing a humidor lol.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    babsdpubabsdpu Posts: 143
    For me, it will all depend on whatever mood I'm in that day.
  • Options
    Found some good morter shell fireworks for this weekend. These babies should bring the cops out quick! Hope all my BOTL have a safe and happy 4th.
  • Options
    RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    surfingzeeko:
    j0z3r:
    lol nice
    HAHA!