Home Cigar 101

Is there a Cigar Hall Of Fame?

fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
Probably not, but if there was one who would be in it? The obvious choices are Mark Twain, Sir Winston Churchill, Ernest Hemmingway, U.S. Grant, who else would belong?

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    George Burns? JFK? I don't know, probably a bunch of people that I can't even think of.
  • jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    Frank Llaneza founder of the Villazon factory and Big cheese at the NATSA factory and the brains and buds behind many of the old time brands may he rest in peace
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Sigmund Freud. Even if I think his theories on psychology and his ahem...accomplishments as a doctor are baloney, he did change the realm of psychology as we know it. That and he smoked on average of 18 to 20 cigars a day.
  • bigbgballzbigbgballz Posts: 283
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
  • pnaylonpnaylon Posts: 214
    Haha yeah I was gonna say fidel castro
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Well Naturally.....

Photobucket
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hays:
    Well Naturally.....

Photobucket
    You have that Churchillian look!
  • martymcg43martymcg43 Posts: 396
    Arnold Schwartzanherfer...
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    We would obviously include the great cigar men also like Don Pepin Garcia, Alejandro Robainia, etc
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    AJ Fernandez deserves a spot, he's only in his early 30s and is one of the best blenders out there..
    illinoisgolf99:
    AJ Fernandez deserves a spot, he's only in his early 30s and is one of the best blenders out there..
    Agreed, he is like Pete Rose, nobody does it better! On the flip side I disagree about Fidel, he has done nothing but drag down a once proud Cuban tobacco industry to commie standards
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378

/end thread
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Bill Clinton & Monica Lewinski (Sorry but, no one else said it).
    fla-gypsy:
    We would obviously include the great cigar men also like Don Pepin Garcia, Alejandro Robainia, etc

+1000
    TatuajeVI:

/end thread
    Shame on me for not putting him first. He is like the Ambassador of Stick!
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    I think we missed what should be an obvious pick, Avelino Lara, creator of perhaps the most famous cigar brand in Cohiba...not to mention his post-embargo creation of some pretty good cigars in the Bahama Graycliffs.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    TatuajeVI:

/end thread
    :stands and claps:
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Jackie Chan. Apparently, he has his own special blend imported every month from Gurkha. I still have no idea what blend this is.

http://www.acigarsmoker.com/2010/07/01/press-release-gurkha-cigar-brand-steps-up-as-leader-in-luxury-segment/