Home Cigar 101
Options

Beatles !!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    kuzi16:
    the above picture is a very good example of what the holes look like. ive seen them a bit more round but that one is almost textbook.
    Those little SOB's will also start what looks likes a tunnel on the wrapper but they do always start as small holes
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I have got to quit reading this thread, it creeps me out.
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    +1 I've checked all my sticks like 3 times the past few days
  • Options
    Big T smokesBig T smokes Posts: 211
    What are you gentlemen's thoughts on freezing cigars as you buy them before they hit the humi? Seems like it'll kill any beetles. My only concern is that it would suck every ounce of moisture out of the sticks, then you would throw your humi off when you throw the absolutely dry sticks in there. None of my thermometer readings have ever been over 75F so I'm not too worried about it to try this out myself.
  • Options
    The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    Big T smokes:
    What are you gentlemen's thoughts on freezing cigars as you buy them before they hit the humi? Seems like it'll kill any beetles. My only concern is that it would suck every ounce of moisture out of the sticks, then you would throw your humi off when you throw the absolutely dry sticks in there. None of my thermometer readings have ever been over 75F so I'm not too worried about it to try this out myself.

it would drop a little but the humidity would recover and your stick would regain its normal humidity without the little bast*rds inside of your cigar
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Big T smokes:
    if you have the cigars in the freezer in a air tight bag with almost all the air sucked out you should be fine. the home freezer usually doesnt get cold enough. you are really looking for -10 or so. most home freezers are at +5
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    as long as you take a tiny bit of precaution, the chances are very slim that you will have a problem.
  • Options
    LeftFiveLeftFive Posts: 184 ✭✭
    Well, my story has an unhappy ending.
    I wrote a nice Email complaining about the beetles, was told to freeze the sticks and have a great day. Wrote a second, angry email, got no response, then today the customer service ticket was closed.

I guess that's that. Pretty bummed, on the bright side Cigar.com is now the only place I'll be ordering online.
    Further evidence sisters can seem alike but be very different.
  • Options
    StihlheadStihlhead Posts: 19
    Ok gentlemen, I have a question. Obviously beetles SUCK. Killing them is obviously the good thing to do. What I was wondering, is it actually bad to smoke a stick that has beetles? I know that sounds gross but I had a stick that I am pretty sure had a beetle in it. I smoked it and it smoked and tasted fine. The only odd thing was the rare and occasional POP. I assume that was one of the little bastards dying :). If a person could get past the fact of what is in there are there any real reasons (aka health hazards) why someone can't smoke those infected stick? Hell it would be a little vengeance to see them explode lol.
  • Options
    The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    I would guess it would be fine if the little guys have not destroyed the stick. The ones that I had were so dry from them going through my sticks it was pointless to try and smoke them. but I froze them anyways just to kill the damn things !
  • Options
    JumperJumper Posts: 135
    surfingzeeko:
    The Cank:
    So I have them but they all came from cigars that were gotten..... Lets just say while I was on vacation somewhere warm.... Now I know these cigars I got were legit, and they were Cohibas and a Monte Cristo. BUT THEY DAMN SURE ALL HAVE BEATLES !!!! Now a bunch were in my 300 count and in my aging humi. I found a bunch of dead ones and it appears that all of my other cigars are ok.... Now these infected smokes have been in there since January so If they got into my other smokes I would know by now... right ???? It looks like they went to town on my nice Foreign cigars and they got through the cello but all other cigars and wrappers appear to be in tact and ok. ( This is why I keep my cello on ) I am just looking for some advice and some comfort at this time as I am very upset and uneasy......
    What are a bunch of old hippies doin in your cigars? and I thought two of em were dead too? oh you meant beetles, not BEATLES, lol :P

Ahh, Zeek! I was about to make this joke when I saw it on the forum. Haha