Home General Discussion
Options

Similiar to Graycliff?

In my short experience with cigars, I've developed quite a fondness for the Graycliff lineup. I've been trying to branch out from there into other brands based on the flavors I've enjoyed in the Graycliff cigars I've had. What makes my exploration even more interesting is that, whenever I read a Graycliff review or see a daily deal up, it seems like most people pass them off as "not worth the money" or "there are better values out there." I'd like to put together a list of "similar to's" for the Graycliffs I've had (and haven't as well). I think it would be interesting to do a side-by-side comparison, and would also help me discover other brands as well.

I've had the following:
Professionale
Double Espresso
G2
G2 Turbo

I would like to try the following:
Original
Emerald
Crystal
Chateau Gran Cru

So far, from the review's that I've found on other websites, the Original (red label) has been compared to the flavor palate of the Avo 787. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I've really enjoyed the Graycliffs that I've had, and I'm actually in the same boat. I've tried the ones you've tried, except the G2, and am looking to try those same 4. They are priced a bit high, so I hunt around for deals. $18+ is just too much for a single stick.
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Your best best is to do a little research and find out what kind of wrapper/binders/fillers are used in the Graycliffs that you like and compare those to other sticks then call a ccom rep and they can help you find some sticks that have similar qualities, plus they can work with you and sampling other companies and price. Also, check out the daily deals that pop up. You can find some great deals out there. I recently purchased 10 Turbos for about $3.50 a stick.
  • Options
    TokinstogieTokinstogie Posts: 46 ✭✭
    focus on Nicarauguans for starters.
    I was going to say, maybe it's time I quit drinking and smoking, tear down all the Vargas girl posters and straighten out my life. But I won't.....
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Welcome to the forums!

Well, when the 1666 is good, it tastes very similar to many other decent maduros. Alec Bradley Maxx, 5 Vegas Series A, Casa Torano Maduro, etc. But it in no way is anywhere comparable to the higher-end maduros that are priced around the retail pricing for the 1666. Camacho Triple Maduro, Fuente Anejo and the Padron Anniversary maduros are light years better, and can be found in the $10-20 (even less for the Triple Maduro if you get lucky). To me, the 1666 is a decent $3 smoke - not anywhere near the ridiculous retail price.

The first Double Espresso I smoked reminded me of the Man of War line. Again, not worth the ridiculous retail price, but a good cigar for $5.

I smoked one Professional a while back. I remember enjoying it, but I don't remember the flavor profile. Can't comment on that one.