Home Cigar 101
Options

Camping trip stick selection complete

fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
Camping trip starts Monday for 6 nights of total relax time. Here is my stick selection:
3- Cu-avana Intenso
1- DPG Blue
1- DPG CC
1- DPG JJ
3- MOW original
3- MOW Ruination
1- Rocky Patel Cuban Blend Maduro
1- Rocky Patel Sungrown
1- Sol Cubano CC
1- LHCOF
1- Alec Bradley Sungrown
1- Diesel
2- AJ Fernandez Signature
Plan on having a good time.

Comments

• Options
    NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    i feel dreadfully underpacked for my 2 day trip now :(
    lol
  • Options
    ZAPZAP Posts: 186 ✭✭
    Boy I like the look of that lineup...haven't had much of the Rocky Patel but the rest all sound great to me...I like those Cu-avano Intenso....they last a long time and have a nice peppery strong flavor..thought it would work on the golf course but it is too good for that....best sitting by the campfire..I love Pepin and Fernandez smokes so the others are right up my alley
  • Options
    ZAP:
    Boy I like the look of that lineup...haven't had much of the Rocky Patel but the rest all sound great to me...I like those Cu-avano Intenso....they last a long time and have a nice peppery strong flavor..thought it would work on the golf course but it is too good for that....best sitting by the campfire..I love Pepin and Fernandez smokes so the others are right up my alley
    You have good tastes my friend, Intenso and MOW lines fit well in my hand especially around the campfire. BTW, Rocky makes some tasty sticks too, give some a try.
  • Options
    babsdpubabsdpu Posts: 143
    What else is there to say but HAVE FUN!!!
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Excellent line-up for a camping trip. DPG and AJ go together like chocolate and marshamallows. Ummm...
  • Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Six nights means 7 days and that is less than 3 sticks a day. You smoke 4-5 during a work day? I though you'd go through at least that on vacation. Sounds like you have full days planned. Stay safe my friend.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    sounds awesome! nice selection!
  • Options
    undulac:
    Six nights means 7 days and that is less than 3 sticks a day. You smoke 4-5 during a work day? I though you'd go through at least that on vacation. Sounds like you have full days planned. Stay safe my friend.
    A very astute observation but really a simple explanation. I will not be starting at 5:30 am so I only need 3 a day. I do have 20 sticks in the travel humi and plan to stick two in my shirt pocket for good measure. LOL
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    I would need more LHCOF's. I really dig those. Enjoy your camping trip! are you using your new V10 to tow a trailer or are you a tent guy
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Very nice lineup you have there Gypsy! Sounds like it'll be a great trip from that list alone!
  • Options
    dennisking:
    I would need more LHCOF's. I really dig those. Enjoy your camping trip! are you using your new V10 to tow a trailer or are you a tent guy
    I love the quiet groan of the V-10 when under load pulling 32' of RV and what fun it is to drive.
  • Options
    the v10 you have is the best one, the 3 valve head is great. i had an 08 Expedition with the 5.4 3v and loved it.
  • Options
    dennisking:
    the v10 you have is the best one, the 3 valve head is great. i had an 08 Expedition with the 5.4 3v and loved it.
    Sadly this is the last of the V-10 engines as Ford is phasing it out. I am glad I got it when I did as it is a great motor and proven architecture for longevity. The new generation 6.2L V-8 will be the only gas motor available for the SuperDuty line moving forward but has great potential to surpass the V-10 in power output in the long run. The first year numbers are decent but Ford always takes their motors and continues to improve the numbers over the life of the engine. I have also had a 3v 5.4L and it was an excellent small block engine. All of the modular Ford engines were bulletproof in design and hopefully they have done their homework with the new line as well.
  • Options
    now if they could just get the diesel stuff back in check where it should be. the 7.3 was great, the 6.0 could be good if you remove all the failure prone emissions junk, and the 6.4 only lasted a couple years which should say something
  • Options
    aron325aron325 Posts: 158
    have a good time on your trip and smoke it up lol.
  • Options
    Just got back from a good week of camping and cigar ignition. Came back empty handed traded a couple of sticks with a BOTL and was gifted a Camacho 1962 Pre-Embargo by another BOTL which I promptly smoked. Excellent stick.