Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Gurkha Turk

This may be a little biased, because I am a fan of the Gurkha line anyway, but I went and ordered the new Gurkha Turk offer for the mazo of 6 + 6 free, and I smoked my first one...well the flavor was excellent. It had a slight hint of coffee and a distinct sugar cane flavor on the finish of each puff, and although the smoke was very mild, it still was excellent. Although many mild cigars have a sweet flavor, the Turk is very distinct, and unlike many others I have smoked. Not a smoke to have after a steak with a glass of wine or a beer, but a perfect stick for the morning when you are having a coffee and reading the paper. This could be my new favorite mild-bodied smoke.

Comments

• Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I have the Turk on my list of things to buy. Just waiting for a deal. I just ordered Gurkha Triple Ligero. Got a deal. 10 for $30. Looking forward to trying this cigar. I must say I really like the Gurkhas. Not as much as my Hemingways but close. Also ordered Rocky Patel Vintage '90 Toro 10-Pack for #35.
  • Options
    LCar:

This may be a little biased, because I am a fan of the Gurkha line anyway, but I went and ordered the new Gurkha Turk offer for the mazo of 6 + 6 free, and I smoked my first one...well the flavor was excellent. It had a slight hint of coffee and a distinct sugar cane flavor on the finish of each puff, and although the smoke was very mild, it still was excellent. This could be my new favorite mild-bodied smoke.

I just smoked the Turk today. I was very impressed. I did taste the sweetness too, I just couldn't put my finger on what it was. I am also a Gurkha fanatic. This is probably the best mild bodied smoke I've had also.
  • Options
    LCarLCar Posts: 57
       In all seriousness, if there are those of you out there that like a morning cigar, pick up a mazo of 6 Gurkha Turks. They are on sale for $19.95 right now for 6. They are smooth, light, creamy and sweet. IMO Perfect to smoke with a cup of coffee.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    LCar:
       In all seriousness, if there are those of you out there that like a morning cigar, pick up a mazo of 6 Gurkha Turks. They are on sale for $19.95 right now for 6. They are smooth, light, creamy and sweet. IMO Perfect to smoke with a cup of coffee.

Good call. I am going to order these in the morning along with the special and maybe my box of Cuban Labels since I am having no luck trading for them. Thanks for the recommendation.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    one of these days ill get and smoke one of these.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    kuzi16:
    one of these days ill get and smoke one of these.

I have been looking forward to doing a trade with you Kuzi. When I get these I will contact you if you like and we can do a trade. I think I have a few other sticks I have heard you mention in past posts. Interested?
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    reply sent in form of PM
  • Options
    I also picked up a Mazo of Turks and have to say I liked them quite a bit. I thought that they had a hint of the Ancient Warrior flavor to the blend, but not nearly as rich or complex in comparison. I'm not generally a fan of Mild smokes and the Turks are definitely mild, but in a very good and flavorful way. I'll be keeping some of these around as long a Gurka keeps them priced right.