Home Ratings & Reviews

Lito Gomez Diez

TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
I had this as my "4th of July" smoke tonight. All I gotta say is Wow! What a fantastic cigar. This was the Americano vitola - about a 6x46 approximately. As if I wasn't already a LFD ****. I got this down at Kuzi's B&M in February and I'm glad I broke this out for a nice special occasion smoke.

So the core of this one reminded me of the Airbender but with a lot more complexity. To me, the Airbender is good, but the Diez really kicks it up into the "wow factor" that all of us are looking for. The woody core is complimented by a really smooth blend of spices. Cinnamon and vanilla, and a marshmellow-like sweetness that I loved. Burn was near perfect, smoke output was really nice. Definitely one of the better cigars I've had in a long while. Everything I've read about this one says "full bodied" but this was really mellow to me - mild to medium in my humble opinion. It could help that I had a steak before hand!

Anyone know how I can grab more of these at a decent price? heh, or anyone have any for trade? It's a long shot, but I'll throw it out there!

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    they have a similar aroma if you notice as well. those two smell the same and then no other cigars smell like those at all.
    if i walk into a room and there are 20 people smoking cigars, i can always tell if someone is smoking one of those. it cuts through everything else.

...now i want an air bender.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Hey, glad my palate wasn't going crazy. They do smell very similar (and delicious!!) and I also want an Airbender. Hmm... maybe I'll have one tomorrow to see how they compare back-to-back.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I want....:)
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    j0z3r:
    I want, and I'm gonna get. Got a line on em. Now that i know they're good, definitely gonna pick up a few. LFD is bankrupting me. Wish I had discovered them before I bought all these other cigars, haha. I keep passing up everything else in my humi for airbenders and DL.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    cholmes8310:
    j0z3r:
    I want, and I'm gonna get. Got a line on em. Now that i know they're good, definitely gonna pick up a few. LFD is bankrupting me. Wish I had discovered them before I bought all these other cigars, haha. I keep passing up everything else in my humi for airbenders and DL.
    I know how you feel! I have more LFD in my humidors than any other brand I think... and I need more!
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    I have yet to have an LFD but y'all are making me want to spend what little cash I have left to go get a few.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    I've only smoked one of these and I liked the flavor but the draw was horrific. I need to revisit this stick. I had the Diez Chisel
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I've got one sitting in my humi courtesy of some of you guys on here, and I can't wait to smoke it!!!! And the B&M here has them but not sure what the price is on them. If you want me to check just shoot me a pm and I'll go see what I can find.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    TatuajeVI:
    I had this as my "4th of July" smoke tonight. All I gotta say is Wow! What a fantastic cigar. This was the Americano vitola - about a 6x46 approximately. As if I wasn't already a LFD ****. I got this down at Kuzi's B&M in February and I'm glad I broke this out for a nice special occasion smoke.

So the core of this one reminded me of the Airbender but with a lot more complexity. To me, the Airbender is good, but the Diez really kicks it up into the "wow factor" that all of us are looking for. The woody core is complimented by a really smooth blend of spices. Cinnamon and vanilla, and a marshmellow-like sweetness that I loved. Burn was near perfect, smoke output was really nice. Definitely one of the better cigars I've had in a long while. Everything I've read about this one says "full bodied" but this was really mellow to me - mild to medium in my humble opinion. It could help that I had a steak before hand!

Anyone know how I can grab more of these at a decent price? heh, or anyone have any for trade? It's a long shot, but I'll throw it out there!
    Don't know what you'd consider a "decent price", but I know where you can get 'em for around $10 a piece for a 5 pack (cheaper for a box of 24). PM me if you want the info...... Did you try emailing The Beard? It's not on their website, but you never know what they might have lying around their Smithsonian-sized humidor...
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    lilwing88:
    TatuajeVI:

Don't know what you'd consider a "decent price", but I know where you can get 'em for around $10 a piece for a 5 pack (cheaper for a box of 24). PM me if you want the info...... Did you try emailing The Beard? It's not on their website, but you never know what they might have lying around their Smithsonian-sized humidor...
    I haven't been able to get anything LFD through CCOM that's not on the site.. NOT DL, Airbender, Limitado, or Litto... said they're just too hard to get, and they don't get them very often.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    If you have a line on the litto gomez, Ill take a couple if you get 10 or so.
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Am I the only one who thought the man died, and this was a play on words since his last name and the last letter of the stick end in "z"? Lol....sorry, just my mind I guess.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Diez as in the number 10, silly vulchor. I never noticed that though, until you brought it up.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Vulchor:
    Am I the only one who thought the man died, and this was a play on words since his last name and the last letter of the stick end in "z"? Lol....sorry, just my mind I guess.
    Lol, didn't pick up on that til you mentioned it.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭

I picked up a Litto Gomez Diez Puro 2009 chisel to try. My first impressions are that I definitely get the Airbender comparison, I'm seeing several similarities. About a half inch in I'm getting a pepper tingle on the draw and a bit through the nose, not a whole lot, but it seems well balanced with the notes of cedar and leather I'm picking up on. Also getting something I can't quite identify, I want to call it an oily taste and on and off I'm getting an almost buttery taste. Medium-full at the 1 inch mark and pretty consistent with flavors, great draw, even burn and tons of thick smoke.

Into the second third and the flavors have mostly remained, the cedar has fallen off a bit and the oilyness has become more prominent, a bit of ligero tang that I notice in quite a few LFD cigars has developed as well. First ash fell at 2 inches...right on my shirt, d'oh. That buttery flavor I mentioned before continues to show up every 5-7 puffs. The pepper is picking up at the mid point and the cedar is coming back on. Burn and draw are still very good, not quite as much smoke coming at the end of the second third but still ample.

The flavors are consistent getting into the final third with minor shifts in dominance and the buttery note having left with the second third, smoking pace has slowed as the cigar is heating up more though no bitterness experienced. Strength is at the full end of med-full at this point. Smoked to the nub.

Final thoughts: I should have had more than a banana in the morning before smoking this cigar as it is definitely hitting me. Of the chisels I've had, this one has smoked the best needing only a couple minor corrections in the final third when it hit a large vein. I'm sold on this cigar, I will gladly buy more of these.
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    I'd be interested in trading/buying a few from someone if available.