Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Question for Tim B & or Alex

In your next video can you expand on your tasting & rating system. Actually can you do a whole video on it?

In your video, you state you only smoke the first inch or so and the rest of the cigar tastes basically the same.

I think that many folks here may disagree with that that after the 1st inch or so the 'sweet spot' the flavors change. Some get noticably worse and some keep that great good flavor - either complex or the same good flavor - the length of the stick.

I would like some feedback on this one.
Also, I think I speak for all here, we want more videos! Lets see more of the folks that we talk with on the phone! Get some more Kelly & Jeff out there to talk about cigars.....

Comments

• Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I thought someone from ccom was gonna make a video on how to fix lighters...wonder what happened.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Fourtotheflush:

In your next video can you expand on your tasting & rating system. Actually can you do a whole video on it?

In your video, you state you only smoke the first inch or so and the rest of the cigar tastes basically the same.

I think that many folks here may disagree with that that after the 1st inch or so the 'sweet spot' the flavors change. Some get noticably worse and some keep that great good flavor - either complex or the same good flavor - the length of the stick.

Also, I think I speak for all here, we want more videos! Lets see more of the folks that we talk with on the phone! Get some more Kelly & Jeff out there to talk about cigars.....

just read my reviews.... i dont review an inch of a cigar. i review the ENTIRE cigar.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    kuzi16:
    Fourtotheflush:

just read my reviews.... i dont review an inch of a cigar. i review the ENTIRE cigar.

I know, but this was in reference to their last video, where they discuss their tasting system. They state that they only smoke the 1st inch or so, because the entire length of the stick is going to be basically the same.....

And yes, I do read your reviews, love em....

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Fourtotheflush:
    kuzi16:
    Fourtotheflush:

I know, but this was in reference to their last video, where they discuss their tasting system. They state that they only smoke the 1st inch or so, because the entire length of the stick is going to be basically the same.....

And yes, I do read your reviews, love em....

i was just kiddin.

my reviews are for entertainment purposes only. I am not a professional.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555

Got it, I just got back from a memorial service, so I was in serious mode.

• Options
    Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    When we do a full review, we do in fact smoke the whole thing. However, to stay current on everything, we will grab something an smoke an inch to get aquainted with the flavors. When blending you really only smoke a few puffs sometimes. If you are making something, it has to be great, if you don't like it from the star, it is not worth getting into and hurting the old taste buds. Ratings are not my favorite thing. In fact, I often leave it up to some of the other guys. I must can't help but feel smoking is so subjective. That said, We are launching a video series separate from the show covering some great 101 topics. Tasting is one of em. Should go live in a week or so. Stay tuned.
  • Options
    bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    When we do a full review, we do in fact smoke the whole thing. However, to stay current on everything, we will grab something an smoke an inch to get aquainted with the flavors. When blending you really only smoke a few puffs sometimes. If you are making something, it has to be great, if you don't like it from the star, it is not worth getting into and hurting the old taste buds. Ratings are not my favorite thing. In fact, I often leave it up to some of the other guys. I must can't help but feel smoking is so subjective. That said, We are launching a video series separate from the show covering some great 101 topics. Tasting is one of em. Should go live in a week or so. Stay tuned.

There is also a cigar blending/tasting section in the most recent Ccom Catalog where you go into it a little more than you did in your video in the last Email Newsletter. It gives some good info about tasting tobaccos and blending the different tobaccos together.

• Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    This sounds really cool, can't wait to see it!

"Long ashes my friends."