Home General Discussion
Options

Slopping a Cigar

I was wondering what anyone else has to say about this issue-

Let me explain:

Time and again i often end up losing a cigar a half inch or so above the bandspot through burnout.  Ive come to realize this is happening likely due to the saliva i get on and into the cigar from the draw point.  I have no idea if i just plan salivate more than the average joe or what, but, i seem to soak up the filler quite a ways up the cigar and the moisture stomps it out.  I've tried to get myself to stop this habit by paying more caution to how i draw and not keeping it in my mouth for long, but it keeps on happening.  Its not an extreme problem i guess since i wouldve likely only smoked another half to 1 inch, but, it is annoying.

Anyone have a similar problem?

Comments

• Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    When I started smoking my roomate said it was natural and okay to get a TOOTH hold on the cigar (make a groove for one of my Canine teeth to hold it in my mouth) and that made me slobber all over it

Nowadays though I don't try to get any spit on it at all... I don't have any best practices, just stop drooling!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i never keep my cigar in my mouth for longer than it takes to puff on it. a slobered on cigar is not high class in my mind. Plus, like you said, you lose about an inch of cigar from this.
  • Options
    rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
    Vidarien:

Let me explain:

Time and again i often end up losing a cigar a half inch or so above the bandspot through burnout.  Ive come to realize this is happening likely due to the saliva i get on and into the cigar from the draw point.  I have no idea if i just plan salivate more than the average joe or what, but, i seem to soak up the filler quite a ways up the cigar and the moisture stomps it out.  I've tried to get myself to stop this habit by paying more caution to how i draw and not keeping it in my mouth for long, but it keeps on happening.  Its not an extreme problem i guess since i wouldve likely only smoked another half to 1 inch, but, it is annoying.

The only time I've ever had this problem was when the wife was around and I pulled a clinton...

Stick out tongue [:P]

Ohhh don't look at me like that... You know you've done it...
  • Options
    MarkbbMarkbb Posts: 196
    Slobing on a cigar causes nicotine and tar to build up and will restrict smoke so if your to take a clothes hanger and punch a hole thru the cigar you'll get cleaner and more smoke, I have the slobbing problem when I'm drinking and smoking..
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    it really does affect the way the cigar works. try chewing on a straw till the top is shredded then try and drink using it. its not the same.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    rusirius:
    Vidarien:

Let me explain:

The only time I've ever had this problem was when the wife was around and I pulled a clinton...

Stick out tongue [:P]

Ohhh don't look at me like that... You know you've done it...
    hahaha, good one.. No, I do the same as what kuzi does, just long enough to take a puff or two. Though when I'm golfing I may hold it in my mouth for the swing time but since I got my cigar holder I haven't had that problem.