Home General Discussion
Options

hi, i just ordered a sampler, includes: Gurkha Regent, Rocky Patel Vintage 1992, Nub and Cusano 18. Can anyone let me know if these are good choices. i have smoked some rocky patels and enjoyed them, but havent tried the others. and also if you can recommend some others, that would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    Very good choices. The RP '92 is the smoke that got me hooked. Nubs are newer but highly rated. Gukhas and Cusanos are highly regarded on here as well. I would start with the Cusano and the RP first then work on the other two since Gurkhas tend to be stronger and Nubs are just odd to smoke due to size. Enjoy them.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    those look like good selections to me.
  • Options
    Big DanBig Dan Posts: 69
    actually i am a new cigar smoker as well however ive been taking my time to really get to know every aspect of cigars and such and from what ive learned and heard those are a great selection the Ghurkas are supposed to be a terrific cigar and the other ones u mentions such as the C18 is a good beginning cigar as well as the others
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    the cusano 18 is a great cigar for anyone not just beginners. it is mild in nature but it acomplishes what few mild body cigar do: Full Flavor.
    the cigar tastes very rich and the flavors just ecplode.... but it wont put you down. not only that but there are almost never any problems with the cigar. it burns great and it stays lit for a long time without puffing on it.

perfect for golf.
  • Options
    Big DanBig Dan Posts: 69
    i guess i better put that one on my list then. ive realized that a mild cigar usually doesnt seem to pack enough punch for me but ill give the milds another shot with this one and see how it goes
  • Options
    MarkbbMarkbb Posts: 196
    Welcome to the site...
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Ok, In my 1st big order I got 4 cusano 18 with the double conn wrapper. This was my 1st cigar in a long time (Months/years) I hated it. It kicked my A$$. I thought it was way to strong way too bitter etc. I moved on the some others in my big order. Then when I was near the end of the order I went back to the 18 (cuz thats what I had left) Turned out that I thought it was a nice mild to medium cigar with a good flavor, not just a kick me in the head and burn me out! Anyway, Im on my 2nd big order. Ordered before I got on the Ccom forums so we'll see how it goes. 5 Toro of Each RP 90 RP 92 RP Edge Lite Ive had the RP 90 before and had some burn issues with it, but overall liked it ( I attested it to smokin as soon as the order came in) My follow up question are these 1 - How long should I let them 'rest' --I have some other sticks that may get me through for a while, but certainly not 6-8 weeks worth 2 - What sticks shoudl I start and end on? I look forward to hearing from the pro and anti RP fans on this forum This is the 2nd post of this comment as I posted it on another string in error. I crossed streams -- Never cross the streams it would be very very bad--
  • Options
    im glad to know they were good choices. i knew i would like the RP, ive smoked the decades and itc 10, and i really enjoyed both of them. has anyone on here tried the NUB's, and if so how were they?
  • Options
    BigDan.BigDan. Posts: 211
    how is the indian tobac and the NUBs im curious about both of them ive been hearing more and more about them