Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Felipe Dos Capas and Sol Cubano Artisan

I was looking for feed back on both cigars. Pros vs cons ??? thanks guys

Comments

• Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Haven't had either, but I know for sure cabinetmaker hates the Sol Cubano Artisan with the intensity of 1,000 suns.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    sightunseen:
    Haven't had either, but I know for sure cabinetmaker hates the Sol Cubano Artisan with the intensity of 1,000 suns.
    yes. at least 1000 suns.
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    TatuajeVI:
    sightunseen:
    yes. at least 1000 suns.
    Yes, I heard its at least that much. Wanna know what one tastes like? Pick up a cat and stick your tongue in its a$$ and there ya go.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    cabinetmaker:
    TatuajeVI:
    sightunseen:
    yes. at least 1000 suns.
    Yes, I heard its at least that much. Wanna know what one tastes like? Pick up a cat and stick your tongue in its a$$ and there ya go.

This is the best! No wonder why its not posted on the Goats A$$ thread.

• Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    I've had the Felipe Tres Capas a while back and remember thinking it was an ok stick. Nothing that blew me out of the water but I'd smoke one again for the right price (under $5 each). Haven't had the Sol Cubano, but have had the Padilla Habano Artisan (Burberry) and really enjoyed that stick.
  • Options
    kaipocruz1kaipocruz1 Posts: 61 ✭✭
    IMHO the tres capas and dos capas taste pretty close.  The dos was a little better because the wrappers held on all the way...the tres started to fall apart after 2 inches.  It is a light and kind of refreshing smoke with a definite citrus taste to it.  It was no super boutique type smoke and would not spend a bunch of money on it.  The Artisan however is awesome.  As much as the cabinet guy hates it...I like it!  It is a really slick looking cigar and has a smell (before lighting up) that is to die for.  I can tell when I smoke it that the tobacco is aged, its smooth and rich tasting.  The only problem that you'll run in from time to time with this one is a plugged draw.  It's just been my experience with all types of salomans (not just this one.) 
  • Options
    Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    smoking the artisan right now...why its a pretty good stick...and being a saloman i actually had great success lighting it too...never had a burn issue and held its ash awesom! ...lol...its a good cigar...i love the mixture of the fillers and the wrappers..but not a 22dollar stick! lol...
  • Options
    Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭

Joeyjoe21_8:
    smoking the artisan right now...why its a pretty good stick...and being a saloman i actually had great success lighting it too...never had a burn issue and held its ash awesom! ...lol...its a good cigar...i love the mixture of the fillers and the wrappers..but not a 22dollar stick! lol...

x2...smoked a Artisan the other night and enjoyed it!  Agree it's not worth that much money, but I got 5 on cbid for about 24-28 dollars/5 pack

• Options
    SmokySuitSmokySuit Posts: 429
    I know this is an older thread but since I’m new to the boards I’ll drop my two cents anyway. The Sol Cubano Artisan has been one of my favorite cigars since I first tried it about 8 months ago. I find it to have a very complex taste with creamy hints of almonds. It produces large amounts of very white smooth smoke and burns perfectly. I try to keep four boxes (since their only 5 a box that only 20 cigars) on hand at all times. I think I’ll go have one now…
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    welcome SmokySuit...

• Options
    SmokySuitSmokySuit Posts: 429
    Thank you very much.
  • Options
    Nick2021:

Joeyjoe21_8:

x2...smoked a Artisan the other night and enjoyed it!  Agree it's not worth that much money, but I got 5 on cbid for about 24-28 dollars/5 pack

X3