Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Rocky Patel 15th Anniversary

betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
So I guess this is the follow up to the Decade, though I don't fully understand what it's the 15th Anniversary of... anyhow it's quite a good cigar, great up front actually. The flavors are dominantly black pepper and leather, much like a Don Pepin cigar, so much so that I was somewhat surprised! I loved the first half, but as the end of the cigar drew near, the complexity died out. I think the box-press vitola will do good things for this cigar in it's final stage, but the prerelease smoke was good! The full review and pictures are up on my website, if anyone else has a chance to try it, I'd love to hear other thoughts!

Comments

• Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Is Nestor Placensia making this one too?
  • Options
    No, it's in his own factory, same one that makes 1961.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Wow, I didn't know anyone had these yet. How did you find one?? I am looking forward to buying a few in Sept. and giving them a try. I liked the Patel Bros that came out last year, and like the Decade Torpedo.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    I think it's released on the 30th. I got mine from a friend who went to the release party, and they were offering a prerelease unboxpressed edition in like a longer toro format.