Home General Discussion
Options

New Guy

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm pretty new to cigar's and was online looking for some good smokes to get my palette into overdrive. I have only been serious for about 2 months and started with Acid Kubo Kubo at the golf course. I only smoke 3 or 4 cigars a week but I am really enjoying the relaxing time while smoking. Then I tried a Acid 1400CC and must say I like it so much I bought a box. Last night at my local store I bought an Gurkha Regent Toro and was presently impress with the smooth flavor and it went well with my single malt. If you have any suggestions for some good cigars for a beginner they would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    if you like the gurkha regent then try and find cigars that have honduran tobacco (that one is)
    punch gran puro is a good all honduran cigar.
    make sure to store the acids away from non infused cigars. the non infgused cigars will pick up the flavors.
  • Options
    Thanks for the tip on a seperate storage. The 1400CC comes in a glass case do you realy think these will contaminate the the other cigars in my humi? If so a shopping I must go.  
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    if you can smell it through the glass so can your cigars.
  • Options
    sdipsdip Posts: 406

Welcome:

Some that you might want to try that are excellent values would be 5 Vegas Red or Gold, and CCom - Cuban. Most anything from Rocky Patel is excellent too. Some others that are a little less followed that I have enjoyed are the Indian Tabac Cameroon, Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte, El Mejor Emerald and Alec Bradley Harvest Selection 97. Perdome Lot 23, CAO Gold and Cusano 18 are some others 

• Options
    MarkbbMarkbb Posts: 196
    Welcome and I'd go with what sdip recommends all good Med to Full cigars and I have a few of them in my humi. right now
  • Options
    I didn't see the main newbie thread. If a moderator wants to move this please feel fee to combine with that thread.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    We have no moderators, but no harm done, mtndewdie. The newbie thread had been buried on page 4 for a while. Now that it's back on top, the regulars will know to go there if you do.
  • Options
    rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
    mtndew9:
    I didn't see the main newbie thread. If a moderator wants to move this please feel fee to combine with that thread.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    All will be forgiven, if you will just bring us a shrubbery.
  • Options
    Big DanBig Dan Posts: 69
    haha and welcome to the forum