Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Red Dead Redemption

JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
Anyone here play Red Dead? I think this is one of the best games I have ever played. I cant put it down lol. I love westerns and this hits every single genre of western out there. Its pretty damn good.
"Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky

Comments

• Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Hahahaha we did derail a thread here awhile back for this game....

• Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    My friend at work is obsessed with the game. He's been hunting bears and doing all the side missions.
  • Options
    nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    I played and beat Gun, since I don't have a next gen system yet it was only a temporary fix of the "western" itch... new xbox 360 lookin pretty sic!!

But Red Dead is on the list of "first purchases" when I get upgraded!!
  • Options
    nightmaremike31:
    I played and beat Gun, since I don't have a next gen system yet it was only a temporary fix of the "western" itch... new xbox 360 lookin pretty sic!!

But Red Dead is on the list of "first purchases" when I get upgraded!!
    Gun was an awesome game. I think a sequel is on its way. Yea I cant stop playin this game lol. I think my MW2 friends are gettin pissed.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I've heard good things about it. I'll buy it in a year or two when it's twenty bucks. I'm just now getting through the original Assassins Creed.
  • Options
    surfingzeekosurfingzeeko Posts: 628
    The game is so addicting, but I cant play it online. I'm so used to FPS games that it throws me off lol. The storyline is amazing so far though.
  • Options
    Ive been thinking about jumping online with it but the storyline has sucked me in! lol Its so awesome. Now if only they could make movies like this...lol.
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    JSaint:
    Ive been thinking about jumping online with it but the storyline has sucked me in! lol Its so awesome. Now if only they could make movies like this...lol.
    Online is fun when schmucks aren't spawn camping you and you start off with a pos Burro as your mount, though if you get lucky you can level up fast by killing gangs or the Mexican army... just don't go into it thinkin your gonna be as badass as the main character... now I gotta play this tomorrow been playing Emulators on my PC this week...
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need to pick this game up
  • Options
    surfingzeekosurfingzeeko Posts: 628
    It just keeps going on and on and I love it. Ive already played the amount of time it would have taken me to get through Gun and Red Dead Revolver together, and it says I'm only 35 percent done or so. Great value
  • Options
    We should all join up and make a posse lol. And ya I hate when people spawn kill. Bastards! I havent even checked my percentage yet. I will and Ill post again lol.
  • Options
    Big T smokesBig T smokes Posts: 211
    I <3 this game very much. If anyone is interested in teaming up on PSN for this game or just adding a new buddy, let's do it. PSN - BigTisHere Xbox 360 GamerTag- Big T is Buff
  • Options
    I dont own that many games for my PS3 which sucks. I buy them all for my Xbox lol. My gamertag is VincentCarn for anyone who cares.
  • Options
    Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    love this game. beat it way too fast. i dont like online. not enough organization and i dont know what the hell im supposed to do. thats why i like MW2
  • Options
    GentlemanGentleman Posts: 152
    I'm close to the end but let a friend borrow cause I really don't want to beat it just yet. Crossing into Mexico for the first time with that music playing is the best feeling I've ever got from a single player game. I love this game.
  • Options
    I really need to finish this game... after I got to Mexico I lost interest.

• Options
    stephen_hannibal:

same here, gonna drag the tv and Xbox outside so I can smoke and play lol too bad the damn TV weighs a ton... gonna try and finish the game this week though
  • Options
    Hayblet:
    stephen_hannibal:

same here, gonna drag the tv and Xbox outside so I can smoke and play lol too bad the damn TV weighs a ton... gonna try and finish the game this week though
    TV outside, wow that's gangster.

• Options
    stephen_hannibal:
    Hayblet:
    stephen_hannibal:

TV outside, wow that's gangster.

Lol that would be absolutely badass.
  • Options
    you tell me an easier way to smoke and play Red Dead in a non-smoking house... oh btw I think I'm close to beating it
  • Options
    Im getting close too. Hey what about a set up like in king of queens. A home theater in the garage lol.
  • Options
    doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    Though I haven't done it yet, I have toyed with the following:

My living room (w/ TV and PS3) is on the back side of the house, and leads out to the covered porch where I smoke. There's two windows that would both allow full view of the TV. Combine these with a wirless outdoor speaker that I have (the base transmitter can accept RCA or 3.5mm inputs) and I can sit outside, smoke, play PS3 and not miss out on sound.

Seems much more appealing to me than hauling the other sub-standard tube TV out on the patio...
  • Options
    JSaint:
    Im getting close too. Hey what about a set up like in king of queens. A home theater in the garage lol.
    I live in a townhouse so pretty much draggin my ungodly heavy TV and Xbox + extension cords outside + usb cable which I think is long enough would be my only option :( also I finally beat the game today kinda sad they didn't leave it open for a sequel
  • Options
    Hayblet:
    JSaint:
    I live in a townhouse so pretty much draggin my ungodly heavy TV and Xbox + extension cords outside + usb cable which I think is long enough would be my only option :( also I finally beat the game today kinda sad they didn't leave it open for a sequel
    They left it open for a prequel my friend =).
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    So my wife came home with an early Xmas present for me... yep, a copy of Red Dead Redemption... I'm pretty pumped to get started...
  • Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    robbyras:
    So my wife came home with an early Xmas present for me... yep, a copy of Red Dead Redemption... I'm pretty pumped to get started...
    I'ts such a great game Rob, enjoy!