Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Talk Radio?

Anybody on here listen to talk radio? If so, who is your favorite host?

Comments

• Options
    wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    before 8 am it's opie and anthony after that it's Glenn Beck!
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    wwestern:

O&A has been fired a few times from up here in Boston.

I listen mostly to Sports Talk Radio.

• Options
    Fourtotheflush:
    wwestern:

O&A has been fired a few times from up here in Boston.

I listen mostly to Sports Talk Radio.

XM is amazing here in western Oklahoma you spend more time looking for radio stations than actually listening to them without sattelite.
  • Options
    AQUADGIO1200AQUADGIO1200 Posts: 406
    Im here in San Diego County....i have been a loyal listener to Michael Savage-The Savage Nation....i also listen to Rush and Roger Hedgecock in the mornings. I drive all day for work...so thats pretty much what i listen to all day.
  • Options
    One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    I mostly listen to Sports talk now. The only other "show" I listen to is a local drive time show "Dave Glover Show" here in StL.
  • Options
    ug danug dan Posts: 375
    Opie and Anthony rule! I also used to listen to Coast to Coast AM when I was a night owl.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Rush, Savage, and Coast to Coast are regular listening for me.
  • Options
    JumperJumper Posts: 135
    Rush is the man. Megadittos
  • Options
    One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    I forgot about C2C, as I don't listen as much anymore, but I love that show. I actually need to start listening again, as the station here that carries it started replaying the best 3 hours from the previous nights show 9-12, now. Fun stuff to listen to while sitting out smoking a stick.
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    back when I was a teenager and would be up all night doing nothing or working I would listen to Art Bell down in FL he always had something interesting going on.
  • Options
    ljlljl Posts: 819
    Listen to a bit of C2C myself. You can find lots of old ones on you tube if your station won't come in. Otherwise mostly sports talk here too. Lots of 670 AM.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I listen to:

The Johnny Dare Morning Show
    Rusty Humphries
    Michael Savage
    Neil Boortz
    Sean Hannity
    Coast to Coast AM with George Noory and previously Art Bell
    Dave Ramsey

None of them religiously though. Just depends when I am in the car heading to or from work. Sometimes the wife and I will listen to C2C together when we go to bed.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    jsnake:
    Coast to Coast AM with George Noory and previously Art Bell
    Dave Ramsey

those are the two i enjoy quite a bit. i work late and i get out of work when coast to coast is on.

the dave ramsey show has helped me understand my personal finances to a level that i wouldnt have otherwise. i dont want to give him all the credit here but partially because of that show, my wife and i have had our best financial year so far. we have cut our debt WAY down and started to save for the future.

i used to listen to more talk radio, but i cant take that much conservatism all day long. every host has their way of saying things but they are all saying the same thing. 99% of the time they all have the same opinion. It makes me feel like im listening to the same show all day long

i respect what they are doing, and i encourage them to keep doing it. (i do after all love free speech.) i just cant listen all day.

most of the time if i tune in to any conservative radio show its The War Room with Quinn and Rose. though they are still conservatives, they tend to lean more libertarian than most conservative talk show hosts.
    they still have their days where i dont agree with them, but hey, thats what makes this country great.

NPR used to be on my daily rotation as well. i just found that they never seem to talk about the things i am interested in and they also seem to do way to many fluff pieces.
    i would LOVE to have a liberal talk show that is in the format that most conservative ones are in. host gets on and does a monologue. callers call in and make comments and ask questions.
    that would be great. id listen to that.
  • Options
    NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    Used to listen to O&A wayyyyyy back in the day when i lived in NY.

Now, its either music CD's, or NPR on the radio.
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I live in Ithaca and teach in Syracuse, about an hour and twenty minute ride. I listen to Mike and Mike in the morning on ESPN radio. They're funny and know their stuff.
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Beck, Rush, Hannity.
  • Options
    ScottTDawgScottTDawg Posts: 206 ✭✭
    I like to listen to our Wisconsin Public Radio. They have a lot of good topics. Saturday mornings I like to listen to Click 'n Klack and Whad'Ya Know with Michael Feldman when I'm not at work, that is.
  • Options
    Not sure how I forgot this one but when I'm in the truck on saturday morning it's Cigar Dave.
  • Options
    cabinetmaker:
    Beck, Rush, Hannity.

I like you more with every post, Cabi.

...No ****...
  • Options
    Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    rick and bubba rick and bubba (please tell me someone has heard them!)
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Boortz, Rush, Hannity for a few minutes each day. Rush is a class act and deserves the title of "Godfather" of talk radio
  • Options
    docedwardsdocedwards Posts: 319
    Alex Williams:
    rick and bubba rick and bubba (please tell me someone has heard them!)
    Certainly. Rick grew up near me in Oxford. Rick and my brother were in the same band and they would practice in our, (parents') basement. My brother still hunts with him and has been on their radio show a couple of times. His father coached football at our high school and later at JSU.
  • Options
    Big T smokesBig T smokes Posts: 211
    O & A and Ron n Fez. Thats all the talk radio I'll ever need
  • Options
    shamrockedshamrocked Posts: 285
    definitely the jason ellis show on siriusXM
  • Options
    jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Posts: 294
    fla-gypsy:
    Boortz, Rush, Hannity for a few minutes each day. Rush is a class act and deserves the title of "Godfather" of talk radio
    Rush is talk radio. All others are imposters.
  • Options
    jpclotfelter:
    fla-gypsy:

This ^^
    Though I really like Beck, too.
  • Options
    gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    Ditto on Rush.....also like Dennis Miller.
  • Options
    jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Posts: 294
    Jumper:
    jpclotfelter:
    fla-gypsy:

This ^^
    I also enjoy me some Glen Beck as well as Mark Levin and Sean Hannity.

But if you asked any of those guys, they would tell you that they all owe their entire careers to Rush Limbaugh.
  • Options
    jpclotfelter:
    Jumper:
    jpclotfelter:
    fla-gypsy:

This ^^
    I also enjoy me some Glen Beck as well as Mark Levin and Sean Hannity.

But if you asked any of those guys, they would tell you that they all owe their entire careers to Rush Limbaugh.

Oh, I agree. Don't get me wrong. Rush was the pioneer. But these guys all bring something different to the table. Rush is definitely my favorite though.
  • Options
    Bummed there's no dittocam today. It's the only way I can listen at work.