Home Cigar 101
Options

Anyone tried the CAO Brazilia Minis?

One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
I like the Brazilia cigars and noticed they have them in mini, cigarillo sized cigars. I thought those might be nice for times when I only have 10 minutes like when friends go outside to smoke a cigarette or in the winter. Any experience with these? A search turned up nothing. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    they take way longer then 10 minutes to smoke. they are more in the neighborhood of 30-40 minutes.

they arent too bad but they have a tendency to smoke hot because of the very small ring. you HAVE to slow down to get good flavor.
  • Options
    The other reviews I am seeing on line are saying 10-15 minutes. Seems about right, as they are only 3.5" by 20 ring. How can they last so long?
  • Options
    thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    its not as strong as the larger sizes, but still very good, it will burn depending on your draws between 15-40 mins.,if your constantly taking long drags off it, it will burn hot and fast,
    how can they last so long? they are cigars,smaller ones,but still cigars they are not made of shredded leaves like cigarettes,
    to really enjoy cigars you need to take your time and savor everything they have to offer the smells and aromas,the flavors of spice, cocoa, coffees,etc,
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    ive noticed the burn times quoted online by retailers are often way off. they last so long because if you want any good flavor out of them you have to slow down. if you want to waste money you can burn through them very quickly and not enjoy them.

IMHO
    and
    YMMV

• Options
    Thanks fellas. I was going by the reviews I was seeing online, not retailers. I would expect 40 minutes out of something the size of the Italia Piccolos, but then again they are significantly larger. I have no desire to smoke them so fast they taste bad. The way I look at it, I will smoke them at a speed that gives the best flavor. If I don't get through the whole thing, I only paid $.50-$.75 for the stick.
  • Options
    MrMokeMrMoke Posts: 321 ✭✭
    I like em, I bought a box at a B&M CAO event a few weeks back, not as good as the full size but a nice 10 -15, maybe 20 min smoke, when you are pushed for time.

• Options
    shamrockedshamrocked Posts: 285
    yea me and a friend bought some of these and i think they are awesome for what you get. takes about 10-15 minutes and they are done. i think some people may be thinking of the capriocas size.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    I bought a little box. Nice flavor! Like Kuzi said, slow down and their quite good! 40 minutes for sure.
  • Options
    So I picked up a box of these this evening. Basically the size of a cigarette, not the larger 4x38 tin size. I can get about 20 minutes out of one, but that is about it. Not saying someone can't, but I personally would love to see someone spend 40 minutes smoking one of these guys

That said, nice flavor in a quick smoke when I otherwise might not get to have a cigar.
  • Options
    The ones I have that I mentioned are the 4x38. I haven't seen them in the tiny ones you picked up.
  • Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    I've tried the CAO Anniversary Maduro in the little cigarette size and it was a pretty decent 15 minute-ish smoke. If I could find the Brazillia in that size locally I'd give it a whirl for sure...
  • Options
    TatuajeVI:
    The ones I have that I mentioned are the 4x38. I haven't seen them in the tiny ones you picked up.
    Right, which was what I was trying to say when you guys kept telling me to slow down and they will burn for 40 ;)
  • Options
    One2gofst:
    TatuajeVI:
    Right, which was what I was trying to say when you guys kept telling me to slow down and they will burn for 40 ;)
    Sorry!! My bad.
  • Options
    Just givin' you guys trouble, bro
  • Options
    BTW, this forum could use some smilies to make it easier to convey my meanings :dork:
  • Options
    shamrockedshamrocked Posts: 285
    i knew what you meant only because i found out about these back in march ... but then i was second guessing myself and thinking i just inhaled these bad boys. too anyone thinking about trying these they are pretty awesome for what they are.
  • Options
    One2gofst:
    Just givin' you guys trouble, bro
    You have offended me deeply with your internets sarcasm. Clearly, the only way to make up for this is to send me all your OpusXs. And throw in a couple Brazillia minis while you're at it. ;)
  • Options
    I'l be happy to send you all my Opus X, but I am keeping my Brazilia Minis. Oh, BTW, I don't have any Opus X ;)
  • Options
    thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    One2gofst:
    So I picked up a box of these this evening. Basically the size of a cigarette, not the larger 4x38 tin size. I can get about 20 minutes out of one, but that is about it. Not saying someone can't, but I personally would love to see someone spend 40 minutes smoking one of these guys

That said, nice flavor in a quick smoke when I otherwise might not get to have a cigar.
    you smoked the newer but not so new baby brazilia, i was refering to the Cariocas 4 x 38 the ones you refered and smoked where mni 3.5 x 20, i had forgotten that made the lil' tins of these, yeah you'll get 15-20 tops out of them,the other size is the 40 min,
  • Options
    StihlheadStihlhead Posts: 19
    I am still new at cigars. With that said these were the first exposure I had to full bodied cigars. I did not like the single stick at all. Now that my palate has matured I might like a single but I did not then. I was exposed to an interesting trick with this right after that first single. If you really want to get some GREAT flavors out of those try three. I know I know, people are going to say why not smoke a larger one. Well that's your choice. This trick was shared with me through the leader of my cigar club who got it from the CAO rep. Light all three sticks at the same time. Wait till you have a good light on all three then take your first draw. The flavor is amazing. I can't describe what about it I liked but I would do it again in a heartbeat. I thought I would share that and of course YMMV.