Home Ratings & Reviews

Nosotros

sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
I smoked the corona last night, or at least tried to. The cigar kept going out when I was only half an inch in and the flavors that I got during this time was a bit of grassiness.

Anyone else had the Nosotros? A lot of the reviews I've read online have been fairly negative.

Comments

• FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    sightunseen:
    I smoked the corona last night, or at least tried to. The cigar kept going out when I was only half an inch in and the flavors that I got during this time was a bit of grassiness.

Anyone else had the Nosotros? A lot of the reviews I've read online have been fairly negative.

The impression I have on these is that they are green. Dion said they had to age them alot longer than planned just to dry them out to smoking conditions. Based on the reviews Im seeing, I feel they have been rushed out.

• sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Fourtotheflush:
    sightunseen:

The impression I have on these is that they are green. Dion said they had to age them alot longer than planned just to dry them out to smoking conditions. Based on the reviews Im seeing, I feel they have been rushed out.

They definitely tasted pretty green. In hindsight, the cigar felt a little too soft. I've never had a cigar go out on me within the first ten puffs.
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    I know that I tried one, then dryboxed a pair for a few days, and afterward, they smoked fine. I really like this cigar, I enjoyed the hell out of the flavor profile, but I could see it needing some time.
  • kaipocruz1kaipocruz1 Posts: 61 ✭✭
    I've tried the cuchillos cubanos line from nosotros and had the same experience. These are supposed to be they're "value line," but there was a full on green tobacco leaf in the bunch. I could see it plain as day from the foot. Embarrassing really, because I don't even see this happen in the dollar smokes that my neighbor frequently gives me! The flavor profile had a touch of grass, but for the most part it reminded me of a familiar favorite of mine, a Jose Piedra from the "Forbidden Island." All in all, I think that some quality issues are afoot, however if you like this (spice, leather and peat) flavor profile, not to many readily available sticks have it. I'm dry boxing the rest of my fiver to see if I can get rid of the grass aspect of it.