Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

First Olivia

GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
Yup, I had my first olivia last weekend and I was really impressed. For some reason I stayed away from that brand for a long time probably because I thought it was mostly hype but this Olivia O was impressive. Maybe because my expectations were so low.

What other olivias are good?

Comments

• Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Serie V and Serie G Maduro.
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    the O maduro is one of my favorites... the Conni is good too... and I second the V... only had one G and I wasn't all fired up about it
  • Options
    I like: O, V, Master Blend, Cain Habano, Cain F, Connecticut. Haven't tried the G, since I'm not too into Maduro or Cameroon.
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Goldy:
    Yup, I had my first olivia last weekend and I was really impressed. For some reason I stayed away from that brand for a long time probably because I thought it was mostly hype but this Olivia O was impressive. Maybe because my expectations were so low.

Let me know if you want to trade for some Oliva's to try out, I think I have all of them in one shape or another.
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    I'm a huge fan of the "O". Prolly # 2 or 3 on my top 10. Got a V waiting to try.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Oliva makes a good cigar. The V is an awesome smoke and the V maduro is even better. I have always enjoyed the G Maduro and the O Maduro. I've had the MB III and really enjoyed it too. I wouldn't put Oliva in my top 10, but they do make a damn fine cigar.
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    Oliva makes a good cigar. The V is an awesome smoke and the V maduro is even better. I have always enjoyed the G Maduro and the O Maduro. I've had the MB III and really enjoyed it too. I wouldn't put Oliva in my top 10, but they do make a damn fine cigar.

I had the V maduro over the 4th. Sweet god thats a great smoke! Im bummed i only have one more :(
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Now that I sit and think about it, the only Oliva made cigars I've smoked so far have been Cain and Nub sticks... I think I'm missing something haha
  • Options
    I need to re-visit Olivia...Back when I first began smoking, I had an Olivia G Maduro out of a sampler, but I only let it rest about a week...I wasnt too impressed. However I will say my palate wasnt well developed, and I smoked it during a *** session with fellow co-workers about the job, so i wasnt in a good frame of mind. I have a Olivia V resting in the humi with about 2 months on it, ill give it a shot before the summer is over!
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    The MBIII is probably my fav of the Olivas. I personally think all of the Oliva brand is completely overrated. The V is a decent cigar, but not worth all the hype. There are a few vitolas where that one shines - the pantella and the figurado. I actually bought a box of the pantella - they are delicious and the box price ends up being $3 a stick. Otherwise, they are just ok for me. The V maduros I've had (3 or 4) were entirely unimpressive. Sad, I usually love maduros.
  • Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    sightunseen:
    +1
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    firetruckguy:
    PuroFreak:

I had the V maduro over the 4th. Sweet god thats a great smoke! Im bummed i only have one more :(
    haha. I smoked one of the 5 I had and was sorely disappointed. I traded 2 to you, smoked that one, then traded away the other two as well to Fourtotheflush. He claimed em before I could even post em. I was going to see if you wanted em. Glad you liked em though
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Duder2:
    sightunseen:
    +1
    in my opinion, those are the best regular line Oliva cigars. if you start getting into limited editions then i would have to say the El Cobre and the V maduro.
  • Options
    kaipocruz1kaipocruz1 Posts: 61 ✭✭
    How is the el cobre, I see it for about 80 bucks in any size on the scary all the time...now thinking about it if you think its better than most of the regular line...which I love!
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    I have yet to have an Oliva anything I DIDNT like. The Oilva Connecticut is my favorite mild that doesnt cost and arm & a leg.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    kaipocruz1:
    How is the el cobre, I see it for about 80 bucks in any size on the scary all the time...now thinking about it if you think its better than most of the regular line...which I love!
    im a big fan of the el cobre. they age very well.

i have a few in my humidor from 06 and some time in the future i may buy more. i just dont have room right now.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    my favorite so far has been the V, just don't smoke it on an empty stomach, it will sneak up on you!

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    The "O", "G" Maduro, and "V" are excellent
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I like the V and the Conny the best. I had one of my MBIII which I really liked, too, but all the others are resting so it's been quite a while since I've had one of those.
  • Options
    babsdpubabsdpu Posts: 143
    I generally like Oliva--I haven't had much luck with their Connecticuts, though; didn't like the Oliva or Nub Connie.

G and G Maduro are two of my faves, O Maduro is okay, Nub Cameroon is great also, tried a V last week in the lancero size and it knocked me on my kiester big time!!! I had to go back and read the "What do you do if cigars make you sick" thread--I might pair that one with some Vernors next time.

I've got one more V in my humi--a belicoso--that I'll probably age for a way long while longer, or just find someone to pass it off to.
  • Options
    ljlljl Posts: 819
    The V is awesome. One of my personal favs. I like the MBIII, but it is strong. I like the whole nub line, though the Maddy is my favorite. Cain is good, but I just don't find it to be complex. Had a few Oliva connies and they were pretty good - I don't usually go for a connie, but I was impressed.

I keep trying to pick up some V maddy, but you have to be quick, they move fast and are pretty limited (I think it is 5000 boxes anually).
  • Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    kaipocruz1:
    The El Cobre is my #1 fav cigar ever, so far. The ones I have had were aged 4-5 years.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Goldy:

I have to say that I'm shocked..... I can't believe you've stayed away from such a reputable brand for so long. Oh well, glad you liked the "O". Not really much bad to say about Oliva in general....... Even their cheap Flor de Olivas are pretty damn good. I like the "V" the best, but everything else associated with them is good. Cains, NUBS, and the Master Blend are no-brainers....
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    The beard could probably hook you up with more...

The V and V maduro are the only Oliva cigars I like. I wonder if '10 will have a maddie?