Home General Discussion
Options

My first Cohiba (Dominican)

Stopped at a local B&M near my folks place in N.C. and bought a small Cohiba cigar, it is my first of this brand, and I am quite impressed. It was a surprisingly mild smoke, but was very good. being on vacation with family over the past week, I've had quite a chance to try a lot of new cigars... some others that will get a spot in my humi are the Macanudo Maduro, and of course any of the RP vintage line. One note of disappointment though is the little tobacco shop closest to my parents obviously doesn't specialize in cigars. Their walk-in humidor looked impressive until I walked in. I would say about 20% of the sticks were blown out, probably from over humidification. I had to advise my Stepdad who is fairly new to cigars not to ever buy any cigars there.

Comments

• Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    I've only had one Cohiba, but it was overhumidified, since I was a complete newbie back then. Wish I had another one (I always get at least two of any cigar, just in case one is a bad one now), but they're so overpriced. I'd like to try out another Macanudo as well, but never got around to it.

But yeah, if that B&M owner doesn't bring down the humidity and replace his blown-out cigars, I wouldn't shop there either.

If you like milder cigars, I'd recommend 5 Vegas Gold, Oliva Connecticut Reserve, Oliva O, Padilla Hybrid (for some reason, I can never find Padilla in B&M), Gurkha Turk, and Man O' War Virtue.
  • Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    I have a Cohiba (Cuban) and a Cohiba (Dominican) sitting around in my humidors gaining some age. I was gifted both of them and totally cant wait to have either!
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    The Genuine Cuban Cohiba is a super stick, even some of the counterfeits are very good.
  • Options
    RippRipp Posts: 125
    I absolutely love the Cohiba Black. Sometimes i think i am the only one though.
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I have some 6 year old cohiba lanceros isom. Nice 2 hour smokes, but really tight draw. Think I have 4 left outta theboz, maybe 5... I keep them buried.
  • Options
    Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    dam that sounds awesoem! a 2 hour 6 year old smoke...mmmmm...cant get better then that lol....I have never had a cohiba but hoping to try one day
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    The Genuine Cuban Cohiba is a super stick, even some of the counterfeits are very good.
    Just watch out for the street vendors that sell a 5 count wooden box with glass lid...looks nice, fake as hell...but I was only out $20, all part of the experience.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Speaking of Cohiba...has anyone tried the Cohiba Behike (cuban) yet? Supposed to be a good powerful smoke, I would probably put about 5 years of age on it if I got one.

"Long ashes my friends."