Home General Discussion

how to stay at 70 degrees?

whats going on guys, pretty new to cigars just smoke whatever friends give me. I think im going to start purchasing my own cigars and have a couple questions about humidors. I see that the best way to store cigars is at 70/70, I understand that the humidor should keep it at 70% humidity, but I dont understand how you guys keep your cigars at 70 degrees temperature? For me to keep them at that temperature wouldnt I have to keep my air conditioner on 24/7 even when im not around, insurning they never get to hot? Do some humidors have built in a/cs to combat this? I imagine it would get pretty expensive leaving the a/c on in your homes just to keep your cigars cool. How does everybody go about this? thanks.

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    CLICK ME !!!

the searach button can do you wonders.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    ayp1320@yahoo.com:
    whats going on guys, pretty new to cigars just smoke whatever friends give me. I think im going to start purchasing my own cigars and have a couple questions about humidors. I see that the best way to store cigars is at 70/70, I understand that the humidor should keep it at 70% humidity, but I dont understand how you guys keep your cigars at 70 degrees temperature? For me to keep them at that temperature wouldnt I have to keep my air conditioner on 24/7 even when im not around, insurning they never get to hot? Do some humidors have built in a/cs to combat this? I imagine it would get pretty expensive leaving the a/c on in your homes just to keep your cigars cool. How does everybody go about this? thanks.
    One way to prevent temp changes is to setup about 5 homes in the U.S. or 1 home in the Dominican Republic and then just move around with the seasons...