Home Ratings & Reviews

La Aurora 107 Corona and Others

I have also added my review of the corona size of the 107 line of La Aurora cigars on WBFiller.com... The following is a convenient page to check them all out and also take a quick look at our scores for them. It seems the Toro was the only one that did really well and got a 5 out of 5 stars from Spencer with the others scoring at 3.5... It is an interesting blend, but I'd need to revisit it after some age on the sticks...

http://wbfiller.com/la-aurora-complete-review-of-the-107-line-of-cigars/
Cheers!

Comments

• sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Nice. Way better than me posting separate links (and getting Hayblet's name wrong in the process).
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    I dunno. I really liked the 107, and the corona comes in as my favorite in the line. A lot of people are talking about this as the cigar of the year, and for good reason: I love the tangy, sweet-spicy flavors this brings to the table, and I've smoked a pair from each vitola, five of the corona actually. The wrapper is fantastic, the construction is spot-on for me, and the price is excellent.
  • babsdpubabsdpu Posts: 143
    I'm sitting on a 107 Toro I got from the wife for Father's Day, and after reading that review, temptation started to creep in....
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    I tried the 107 Robusto yesterday. It was good. I wasn't blown away. It had lots of spice, which I liked. Burn and construction were spot on. I guess my issue was with the bitterness. I prefer a smoother finish.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    lilwing88:
    I tried the 107 Robusto yesterday. It was good. I wasn't blown away. It had lots of spice, which I liked. Burn and construction were spot on. I guess my issue was with the bitterness. I prefer a smoother finish.
    I got the bitterness towards the end of the smoke. For the belicoso, the bitterness began as a nice sharpness to the wood flavors, which would have been great if it stayed that way throughout the entire smoke.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    smoked my other one of these sticks tonight. yup, don't like it. smoked the belicoso. barely stayed burning hot enough to make any smoke. i had to constantly keep the torch to the foot to even get any smoke out of this stick. the flavor was okay, if i could get enough heat to get the oils working in my favor. overall, there are a ton of better sticks out there.
  • Stryker808Stryker808 Posts: 269
    Mixed reviews. Man I really love La Auroras in general. 100 anos is one of my favs. I wasn't able to find any 107s on line. Anyone got some leads to try a few?
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    As far as I know, this is a B&M exclusive.
  • Stryker808Stryker808 Posts: 269
    B&Ms do not exist on this desolate island. Can I get a hook up?