Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Montecristo Media Noche Torpedo

I bought ten Montecristo Media Noche Torpedoes on the daily deal a couple of months back. These have been resting in my humi since then. I have smoked a few of the Edmundo sizes and one of the Torpedoes before.

This particular stick looked like it had been squeezed into some sort of box or something at some point. I don't think they are box pressed but this stick had one flat edge on it. Otherwise it was a good looking stick, no flaws in the dark wrapper. The stick felt heavy in the hand but was a bit spongy towards the cap. All in all a nice looking stick.

The cap clipped easily and the pre-light draw was very firm without being too tight.

All I had to light the stick was a bick lighter, I know...blasphemer. But I am in Afghanistan and nobody will ship torch lighters over here. Anyway, the stick lit well without too much work.

The first third of the stick was a struggle...the burn started pretty uneven and I really had to work to get any smoke. I was not about to give up on this thing though because the smoke that I was getting had great flavor. It was a nice subtle sweetness.

Once I got through the first third the cigar really opened up. The draw loosened up considerably and the stick started producing huge pillows of thick flavorful smoke. The burn easily corrected itself into a razor sharp line.

The cigar stayed this way throughout the remaining two thirds. The very end got a tad hot and bitter but I think I was smoking too fast, I was in a hurry to get to a poker game.

Long story short, I will always have some Montecristo Media Noches in my humi.

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    jpclotfelter:
    I was in a hurry to get to a poker game.
    smoke AT the poker game. Problem sloved
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    I agree that these are fantastic sticks. I've only had the edmundo but loved it. I think I just wasn't expecting much and was really pleasantly surprised.
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    I'm encouraged by the positive reviews, as I have three of them sitting in the humi.
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    I remember LOTS of cocoa. Towards the end, I distinctly remember a hint of anise in this cigar. That's why I've been wanting to do a big italian dinner with some friends and serve this cigar after dinner.
  • Options
    Big T smokesBig T smokes Posts: 211
    I smoked one of these and had a tough time with it as well. The draw was reallyt ight and the brun was a little funky, but that could have been my fault I dunno. Bottom line is, it was a wonderfully tasting smoke that i'll be buying more of in the future.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Ive had one. Draw was a bit tight, but manageable. Flavors were really nice.