Home General Discussion
Options

Help I don't know what Cigar these are

OK, I purchased some cigars here at Cigar.com and they came in a box that has 13/21 Especial stamped on them. These cigars have a yellow/gold ribbon around them with no other markings. Can someone please tell me what brand these cigars are?

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i typed in those words on cigar.com and all i got back was Oliva Serie V. you may wanna call em up and maybe they can tell you whats up. I mean they ARE the ones who sent them to you.
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Don't you remember what you ordered?
    You can always access your account here on the site and look at your order history.
  • Options
    rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
    How exactly do you ORDER something and not know what it is you're ordering?!?
  • Options
    I have tried going through the order history at Cigar.com, but nothing rings a bell. I order quite a bit of cigars and place them in my humidor and leave them in there for awhile. I forgot what they were. I guess chaulk it up to old age.
  • Options
    rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
    OHHHH okay... so you've had them around for a while... gotcha... I was imagining you opening up the box fresh from the postal service and saying, "hrmmm, what the hell is this???" LMAO! You sure they came from ccom?
  • Options
    ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    Is it a box of 8 perfectos, 4 with yellow and 4 with orange ribbon around them? If so, its the pre-release sampler of the Cusano LXI Habano and '59 Rare Cameroon.
  • Options
    BigDan.BigDan. Posts: 211
    haha i had the same problem except mine have the bands on them i just dont know wat they are exactly i got hustled by my local shop
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Scrambler:
    Is it a box of 8 perfectos, 4 with yellow and 4 with orange ribbon around them? If so, its the pre-release sampler of the Cusano LXI Habano and '59 Rare Cameroon.
    Good answer Scrambler. That's exactly what I was thinking that they were.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    BigDan.:
    haha i had the same problem except mine have the bands on them i just dont know wat they are exactly i got hustled by my local shop
    im not trying to call you out, but i find it hard to believe that a local shop would try to hustle you. most tobacanists advertise by word of mouth. This usually leads to good service because they want you to come back and to tell your friends. If they sell you a stick that cost you $10 but it was really a $1 stick, you wont like that stick and youll go back assuming its just a cigar you dont like. He will sell you more at the "hustled price" and you wont like them either. you do this more than once and you wont come back anymore. Im not saying it NEVER happens, but i see it being rare.

fear not!
    there are ways to avoid this problem. (if it does occure).

go in there with a list of cigars that you want to try and the price listed on cigar.com. Be armed with what you wont to try and learn about it on your own ahead of time. Knowedge will make you a better consumer. when the guy at tyhe shop says "is there anything i can help you find?" say "no thanks ill find what im looking for on my own" be polite about it.
    keep in mind you will pay a bit more in the shop than cigar.com so a buck or so more for a stick dont get in a huff about. if its more than that, dont buy them.
    I look at online shopping for my bigf orders because you can get deals through cigar.com but i look at the Local shops as a "spur of the moment" kinda thing. the extra cash ill spend there is for the convenience of having the cigar immediatly upon purchase.

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    rdnstn:
    Scrambler:
    I got those same two as part of a cigar of the month package, and didn't know which was which but the orange ribbon kicked my ass. That b**** was a monster ! It was the strongest cigar I have ever smoked. I swear, I was driving and had to pull over, it made me dizzy. Be careful with that one.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    rdnstn:
    Scrambler:
    I got those same two as part of a cigar of the month package, and didn't know which was which but the orange ribbon kicked my ass. That b**** was a monster ! It was the strongest cigar I have ever smoked. I swear, I was driving and had to pull over, it made me dizzy. Be careful with that one.

Thanks guys. That is exactly what they were. Which one is the orange ribbined ones? These were strong.

Kaspera, I am from Northwest Indiana. Where are you from in Chicago?
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    kuzi16:
    BigDan.:
    im not trying to call you out, but i find it hard to believe that a local shop would try to hustle you. most tobacanists advertise by word of mouth. This usually leads to good service because they want you to come back and to tell your friends. If they sell you a stick that cost you $10 but it was really a $1 stick, you wont like that stick and youll go back assuming its just a cigar you dont like. He will sell you more at the "hustled price" and you wont like them either. you do this more than once and you wont come back anymore. Im not saying it NEVER happens, but i see it being rare.

fear not!
    there are ways to avoid this problem. (if it does occure).

go in there with a list of cigars that you want to try and the price listed on cigar.com. Be armed with what you wont to try and learn about it on your own ahead of time. Knowedge will make you a better consumer. when the guy at tyhe shop says "is there anything i can help you find?" say "no thanks ill find what im looking for on my own" be polite about it.
    keep in mind you will pay a bit more in the shop than cigar.com so a buck or so more for a stick dont get in a huff about. if its more than that, dont buy them.
    I look at online shopping for my bigf orders because you can get deals through cigar.com but i look at the Local shops as a "spur of the moment" kinda thing. the extra cash ill spend there is for the convenience of having the cigar immediatly upon purchase.

Kuzi, you talk about local shops being more than cigar.com. I rarely noticed this at all. The store I went into last night had the Padron 1926 Maduro Torpedo which goes for $40 - $50 on ccom and he had it for $25. Just my experience though. However, there is a larger retailer in NJ whom I won't name that also does business online. Their online prices are great but their in store prices are not that great. For instance, a box of Partagas Aristocrats is $134 online and like $220 in the store. Ccom is somewhere in the middle. I guess what I am trying to say is that with the more expensive stuff like the Padron 1926 and 1964, I have seen better prices in a local store but for everyday stuff, maybe not so much. NJ taxes do kill us though.
  • Options
    k well i guess ill give it another try i dnt think they were over priced im just not sure about the reliability of the cigars but ill just some them and find out :)
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Describe them to us.. maybe someone can help you out. If it's worth anything, my wife bought me a 6-pack of cigars for Father's Day, and I hadn't seen or heard of two of them. The others (R&J Reserva Real, Montecristo, H Upmann Vintage Cameroon, Trinidad 100th Anniversary) were good, but the two I hadn't heard of ended up being the two best in the pack.
  • Options
    k well here it goes

the first one is a montecristo la romana ive looked up mc's but cant find this particular one.

the second is a Adwani, thats all it says its a dark maduro supposedly it got a 92 rating

the third is a nat. cicco its super long and little

the fourth i found its a sancho panza however i nvr saw the particular cigar which is .... estelo padron

the fourth is a independencia which ive heard was made by fuente or sumthing im not sure i dnt know anything about this cigar

and then there is the cohiba cuban knock off it has the same look as a cohiba cuban without the cuban marking. i think i just picked this one up off the markdown section
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    The Montecristo is probably just a regular Montecristo.. they're made in La Romana, D.R.

As said on another thread, this is probably a locally-rolled cigar by the owner of the shop

Nat. Cicco -- is that shorthand for something? Natural Cicco? Is Cicco short for something? Can't help you here.

I believe Estelo Padron is the name of the guy behind Sancho Panza. You've probably got a regular Sancho Panza.

A web search tells me that the Indepencia is a value-priced cigar made by La Aurora

If you got the Cohiba knock-off out of the discount bin, you probably still have a good value on your hands.
  • Options
    the nat.cicco is like reject cigars or sumthing i looked it up the other day and thnx for the help with the independencia and help with the other cigars. ill be sure to leave a little review. the Adwani is actually a locally rolled cigar that got a 92 rating its by Ed Adwani who distributes to three shops in my area i was notified of that by another member. so im ready to try that one i might try it in a little bit
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey Luv my cigars, Check you Pm...
  • Options

NAT CICCO is NATIONAL CIGAR COMPANY, they are the first to introduce the idea of CIGAR REJECTS, the first box they made in 1965 was Nat Cicco's CHURCHILL REJECTS made in the Dominican Republic, they are the Original.  Today many are trying to jump on the bandwagon, by using the same box look and name, lately I have seen imitators like FACTORY REJECTS, CUBAN REJECTS, CUBAN SECONDS, etc...

But Nat Cicco are the originals, and are widely available in MADURO, NATURAL, CANDELA, in CHURCHILL and ROBUSTO, in boxes of 50.