Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

5 Vegas Gold

Incredible mild smoke. I LOVED this cigar. If it were cheaper I'd by 100 of them. Wonderful amounts of delicious and yummy smoke especially for soemthing so mild and smooth on this hot day.

Comments

• Options
    jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    This is a dame fine smoke I think there as about as cheap as you can get for a premium smoke I have seen them as low as 50 a box I think the regular price is like 65
  • Options
    Big T smokesBig T smokes Posts: 211
    yea for a premium... they are cheap. I kinda cap out at $2 maybe $3 a cigar, but I buy smart. I wait for good deals and strike. I got the Golds im smoking now for about $2 a smoke, which I can't *** about. Excellent cigar if you like the milds though. I'm thinking it might be closer to mild-medium than just mild... but it's definately not quite medium.

Either way, it's a very tasty smoke and I'll be getting more of them for sure. I enjoy milds, especially during the hot weather it just seems to be more enjoyable. When t gets cold out the fulls seem more appropriate.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Definitely one of my favorite milder smokes. It has tons of great flavors, and doesn't suffer from the grassy flavor a lot of milds have. This also pairs well with a lot of fruitier red wine.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Cheaper? lol. I don't know what you smoke regularly, but $2 a stick is ridiculously cheap for a good cigar. The only cigar I've ever paid less than $2 a stick for was when Jeff Jackson decided he loved me so much he would send me a few Cu-Avana Intenso robustos for $1.75.
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Yea, can't get any cheaper than 5 Vegas Gold without resorting to a pack of Swishers. The Gold is the cigar I give to my non-cigar smoking friends when they want to smoke.
  • Options
    thehoffthehoff Posts: 76
    Honestly they are excellent after about a year of aging.  Picking up some cedar flavor adds another dimension to the smoke and makes it quite complex.
  • Options
    Well they don't NORMALLY go for $2 a cigar, hahaha. They generally go for about 65+ a box on most sites (including this one) unless there's a sale or something, which is how I aquired mine. Awhile back I bought a bunch of Domincos by Torano which generally run a bit cheaper and kind of became my go-to cigar on days when I didn't feel liek having something special. 5 Vegas Gold has that stick beat in every way, in my opinion. I'll still enjoy a Dominico with my buddies though. The Gold was a great tasting smoke and very enjoyable. I plan on having another one later tonight.
  • Options
    vegassparkyvegassparky Posts: 365
    Just got some of these. resting them for another day. now i cant wait.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    The 5 Vegas Gold was actually one of my first cigars, only smoked one...but it helped me get hooked!

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    vegassparky:
    Just got some of these. resting them for another day. now i cant wait.

Awesome, man. Let us know what you think. I doubt you'll be disappointed as I haven't heard anyone really run these down.
  • Options
    vegassparkyvegassparky Posts: 365
    Just had the first one of these from a sampler i picked up a weekago. I know they should rest ! But i wanted to try it out. alot of mixed views on this stick from other BOTL. So here is my take. It was a very mild cigar. I sat out in my back yard with a tall glass of ice water and really tried to take in the flavor. This cigar is great for someone just getting into cigars. It is a nice smoke, not to even say priced well. I really did pick up the pepper notes without it being over powering. Exhales were nice. got alot of smoke from it. not a really thick smoke like i prefer. The burn was near perfect. The only thing about this smoke i didnt like was the band. what kind of glue do they use. didnt want to come of easy,even thought i smoked it right up to the band. maybe because it is a very wide band. I have two more of these in the humi resting. i think i will enjoy it more down the rode when i revisit .
  • Options
    ljlljl Posts: 819
    sightunseen:
    The Gold is the cigar I give to my non-cigar smoking friends when they want to smoke.

+1, Most people that don't regularly smoke a cigar really dig this one. You also don't have to feel to bad if they just aren't into it and put it down. Personally I really like them (even though I don't usually go for a connie). Like you said BigT if you shop smart, no reason you can't get these at around $2 a stick. I really like the nub connies too, they cost a bit more but seem very good IMHO.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    has anyone had the 5 Vegas Gold Maduro yet?

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    vegassparky:
    Just had the first one of these from a sampler i picked up a weekago. I know they should rest ! But i wanted to try it out. alot of mixed views on this stick from other BOTL. So here is my take. It was a very mild cigar. I sat out in my back yard with a tall glass of ice water and really tried to take in the flavor. This cigar is great for someone just getting into cigars. It is a nice smoke, not to even say priced well. I really did pick up the pepper notes without it being over powering. Exhales were nice. got alot of smoke from it. not a really thick smoke like i prefer. The burn was near perfect. The only thing about this smoke i didnt like was the band. what kind of glue do they use. didnt want to come of easy,even thought i smoked it right up to the band. maybe because it is a very wide band. I have two more of these in the humi resting. i think i will enjoy it more down the rode when i revisit .
    Yea see I've been smoking cheap crappy cigars forever (Backwoods, Dutchmasters, etc.) but only recently learned the joys of internet cigar buying so that I can save a nice amount of money and still smoke a tasty cigar. I've had great cigars over the years here and there and this one won't be at the top of any list I'd assemble, but it was a VERY flavorful mild.

I ALWAYS smoke outside, so during these hot months a mild or mild-medium fits me better right now. If you are in that ballpark, I haven't had too many better than this. I enjoy the Rocky Patel Conneticut ALOT so those two are pretty neck and neck as far as milds go.

As far as a cigar to host with, I would probably always go with Dominico by Carlos Torano. None of my friends have ever complained about them- in fact they generally are well recieved. I get them when they go on sale for 20 for $30. That means they are $1.50 a smoke so they ain't killin me, and when a buddy puts it down after a few puffs I don't get insulted. One time I busted out two Rocky vintage '92s for my friend when he bought his first house, and the dude smoked HALF OF IT and PUT IT OUT!!! Drover me nuts! I don't like handing out my really nice cigars to buddies who don't smoke, because quite frankly they don't appreciate them. I have two or three buddies that love cigars, however, which is about the only time I ever do break out the really good stuff as I hate to have an expensive cigar alone. They are much better with company as I can take my time and really enjoy them and discuss them.