Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Jamie Garcia Reserva Especial

betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
The JGRE is a pretty decent smoke, but not something I'd have every day. Too dry, bitter, and I guess Connecticuty for me. I don't tend to like CT wrappers, so I'm not terribly surprised. All in all, though, for just under seven bucks, if you like dry woody and bitter chocolate flavors, this might be good for you. The full review is at my site, with pictures. I am interested in others takes on it.

Comments

• Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    I have seen this a few places, but to be frank, I've been incredibly unimpressed with any of the "My Father" line. I have been hesitant to pick this one up. Given your review, I probably won't go looking for them anytime soon.
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    betasynn:
    The JGRE is a pretty decent smoke, but not something I'd have every day. Too dry, bitter, and I guess Connecticuty for me. I don't tend to like CT wrappers, so I'm not terribly surprised. All in all, though, for just under seven bucks, if you like dry woody and bitter chocolate flavors, this might be good for you. The full review is at my site, with pictures. I am interested in others takes on it.
    didn't like it either. just ehhhh. Not too bad, but nothing worth writing about.
  • Options
    I finally got the chance to try one of theese last night. First thing I noticed was the draw was rather tight, smokable but tighter than I like. The burn was nice and even. I thought it had plenty of rich flavors. Damp woody and chocolate tones. It was also real peppery on the retrohale which I enjoyed but could have used some age on it. All in all I enjoyed it and thought it was a pretty decent stick, not bad for 7 bucks.
  • Options
    Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    i actually reallyed enjoyed this cigar i just didnt really like the last third lol
  • Options
    I enjoyed this cigar as well. I actually found the last third to be still good and not too harsh. Funny how our tastes differ.
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    xIcedGuardianx:
    I enjoyed this cigar as well. I actually found the last third to be still good and not too harsh. Funny how our tastes differ.
    +1 It fit my preferences nicely. If I was rating it, I'd give it a 89 easy.