Home Non Cigar Related
Options

College Football - so damn excited!!

denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
anyone else pissing their pants like a puppy dog in excitement for the upcoming College Football season.
let's put our predictions up here and chat a little. I'll start
Ohio State, National Champs, nuff said
Oregon State will be in the Rose Bowl this year.

Comments

• Options
    turn_keyturn_key Posts: 90
    I've been getting into it more and more over the last few years. My wife has family in Nebraska that we visit and they have nothing but the Huskers so we watch some of the games. I've kind of adopted them as my team to keep track of and watch. Hopefully they'll get more coverage this season since acceptance into the Big Ten.

Other than that I'm starting to dislike other professional sports more so college ball is looking better...lol
  • Options
    Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    dennisking:
    anyone else pissing their pants like a puppy dog in excitement for the upcoming College Football season.
    +1 on the Buckeyes. This will be a breakout year for Pryor. If Tressell lets him loose like he did in the Rose Bowl they are going to be alot of fun to watch.
    I dont know to much about Oregon State but it looks good for them to take that conference.
  • Options
    Dustin1981:
    dennisking:
    +1 on the Buckeyes. This will be a breakout year for Pryor. If Tressell lets him loose like he did in the Rose Bowl they are going to be alot of fun to watch.
    I dont know to much about Oregon State but it looks good for them to take that conference.
    Tressel will be very calculated with Pryor though because of Pryor's injury that he doesn't want to make worse. Tressel let Pryor run hard in the Rose Bowl because it's an offense that the Ducks employed and you fight fire with fire. I live in the PAC10 and am a Buckeye fan first and foremost and then a Ducks fan so the Rose Bowl was my dream game. this year though, the Ducks have had too many legal problems as well as USC. The OSU Beavers looked really good and they are coming in to their own. I see good things for them.
  • Options
    jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Posts: 294
    Bark for Sark!!! Woof! Woof!

It's time for a return to normalcy in the Pac-10.
  • Options
    babsdpubabsdpu Posts: 143
    All this talk about Ohio State is making me that much LESS excited!

Go Blue!
  • Options
    vegassparkyvegassparky Posts: 365
    oh i cant wait ! but i dont agree with Ohio state....wow. Oregon state in the rose bowl ? ok. im a GATOR Grad. Time to see there is still football after Tim Tebow. GO GATORS !!!!
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    vegassparky:
    oh i cant wait ! but i dont agree with Ohio state....wow. Oregon state in the rose bowl ? ok. im a GATOR Grad. Time to see there is still football after Tim Tebow. GO GATORS !!!!
    Jim Tressel can't win a big game if he cheats. And i don't care about the Rose Bowl last year. Any Pac-10 opponent is a joke. OSU has YET to beat an SEC team in a bowl game (0-9), and actually lost TWO NC games to the SEC last decade alone. And the Gators??? Not after losing all their defensive talent and Superman... besides, the winner of the NC this year will be the last team to win it, who coincidentally proved to the world that Superman cries. ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!! 'nough said, see you all in January.
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Go Noles! I despise the massively over-rated OSU, and UF will be nothing this year. Maybe Miami will finally get back in the game even though I hate them too.
  • Options
    glad to see a bunch of passionate people on here. either way. i am excied. being am ohio state fan i of course am pulling for them but i am excited to see what bama does this year. i still stand by oregon state for my pac 10 pick. normally i'm a duck fan when it comes to the pac10 but they have too many guys kicked off the team
  • Options
    dennisking:
    glad to see a bunch of passionate people on here. either way. i am excied. being am ohio state fan i of course am pulling for them but i am excited to see what bama does this year. i still stand by oregon state for my pac 10 pick. normally i'm a duck fan when it comes to the pac10 but they have too many guys kicked off the team
    There's been a lot of players kicked off a lot of teams! So glad Bama's not in that group. But UGA, UT, Oregon, ND just had 11 arrested, and a buncha others.
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    I'm not sure how ready I am. I'm still not over the Nat'l Championship game.
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Man I love the SEC. I live in Arkansas so their my team but I like all things college. As long as I can sit down and watch it, im good.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    Matt Marvel:
    I assume you're a Texas fan? ;)
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    cholmes8310:
    Matt Marvel:
    I assume you're a Texas fan? ;)
    You would be right.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    All you Gator haters are in for another rude awakening. Go Gators!
  • Options
    fla-gypsy:
    heard that last year... then the great Red Elephants rolled into Atlanta and stomped a mudhole in the Gators. I do think they'll be playing twice this year though. The power is shifting. Last few years, the East was the better division, but this year, I think the West will be stronger. Just makes the road to Atlanta easier for UF, since UT and UGA are both gonna struggle. Bama has to play UF in the regular season and then in the SECCG as well I bet.
  • Options
    cholmes8310:
    fla-gypsy:
    heard that last year... then the great Red Elephants rolled into Atlanta and stomped a mudhole in the Gators. I do think they'll be playing twice this year though. The power is shifting. Last few years, the East was the better division, but this year, I think the West will be stronger. Just makes the road to Atlanta easier for UF, since UT and UGA are both gonna struggle. Bama has to play UF in the regular season and then in the SECCG as well I bet.
    How soon you forget the previous year! We will be a force to be reckoned with.
  • Options
    ug danug dan Posts: 375
    I like Nevada. They may suck but at least thier better than UNLV!
  • Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Texas Longhorns all the way.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    The Pitt Panthers are looking pretty good in the underrated Big East. They could have five+ players go in the first round next April, so they need to deliver the goods this season.
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    I used to like you Gypsy now I question your wisdom...
  • Options
    mrpillowmrpillow Posts: 464
  • Options
    Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    WEAGLE WEAGLE WAR DAMN EAGLE!!! KICK EM IN THE BUTT BIG BLUE!!!

RAMMA JAMMA YELLOW HAMMA, GO TO HELL ALABAMA! :D
  • Options
    Alex Williams:

yawwwwwnnnnn. We're on top right now. Undefeated AND National Champs. Unlike 2004.... haha. Sorry man. That was low. Auburn really should have been in the game that year. I will admit that.

about time you chimed in though. I kept waiting.
  • Options
    Hayblet:
    fla-gypsy:
    I used to like you Gypsy now I question your wisdom...
    Being from SC like you are I can understand that statement LOL.
  • Options
    mrpillow:
    I never understood the fanaticism for college sports =
    for the most part, you don't have college football players going in to clubs with a gun in the waste band of their sweats and shooting themselves in the foot unlike pro football. pro players are not held to a standard at all so you get guys who think they are above the law and act like kids.
  • Options
    doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    fla-gypsy:
    cholmes8310:
    fla-gypsy:

+1!

I'm not surprised in the least at the selective (short?) memory of the Tide loyalists. Anything past 12 months and it's not worth metioning :p J/K!

In all serious I would contend it wasn't exactly a mudhole y'all stomped but it was a win. 'Bama played at the top of their game in the SEC and was the clear winnner, uncontested. Played another day it could have gone another way, but it didnt'.

As for OSU, I think I've heard the same hype about them EVERY season for the last 5 years, but maybe this year is different.

GO GATORS! :p
  • Options
    doromath:
    fla-gypsy:
    cholmes8310:
    fla-gypsy:

+1!

I'm not surprised in the least at the selective (short?) memory of the Tide loyalists. Anything past 12 months and it's not worth metioning :p J/K!

In all serious I would contend it wasn't exactly a mudhole y'all stomped but it was a win. 'Bama played at the top of their game in the SEC and was the clear winnner, uncontested. Played another day it could have gone another way, but it didnt'.

As for OSU, I think I've heard the same hype about them EVERY season for the last 5 years, but maybe this year is different.

GO GATORS! :p
    Gators have won 3 national championship over the years
    Buckeye's have 7 national championships over the years
    Buckeyes have been Big 10 champs 35 times
    Gators have won 8 SEC championships
    to say the Buckeyes are overrated would be a mis-statement I think. Ohio is preliminarily ranked at 2 with the Gators at 6. the big surprise is that the Ducks are ranked 4th and I think they won't come close this year after so many people being kicked off the team
  • Options
    coachjamiecoachjamie Posts: 337
    Well, as a football coach myself, I absolutely love GA Tech! I love their coach, he is not selling out to the Spread just because everyone else is doing it. He runs the Double Wing (Flex Bone) and GA Tech runs it very well! Keep an eye for them. Miami I think will be very good this season as well. I think VA Tech might be the team to beat this year though! I am not an ACC fan boy by any means either, but these 3 teams have got my attention for sure.

Yes I run the Double Wing too with my youth team so maybe that is why Ga Tech has a special place with me, lol.

Bama is the real deal, Nick Saban is the real deal, anyone not respecting them is nuts. The Gators are loaded from top to bottom still, the SEC battle will be fun to watch for sure. I am betting on a SEC vs ACC matchup for the title this season. Ohio State is very underrated in my opinion as is the entire Big 10, I do not think they play enough quality opponents during the regular season to b truly tested. They ride their name like no one else in the country year in and year out.

And maybe not this season, but next season watch out for Notre Dame!
  • Options
    Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    cholmes8310:
    Alex Williams:

yawwwwwnnnnn. We're on top right now. Undefeated AND National Champs. Unlike 2004.... haha. Sorry man. That was low. Auburn really should have been in the game that year. I will admit that.

about time you chimed in though. I kept waiting.
    damn... that one hurt! that is still a sore spot for me im not gonna lie. we got so RIPPED OFF. i cant wait for the iron bowl. when it starts gettin close, we gotta work out a good bet!