Home General Discussion
Options

how many cigars everyone got?

Comments

• Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    I took over Todd's 20 count
  • Options
    I'm probably around 150 as well. I can remember when I got my first 20 count humidor thinking it would be all I'd ever need. Who was I kidding???
  • Options
    DCarp2005DCarp2005 Posts: 140
    I have 66 as of right now hopefully i'll be adding to that soon, i have an excel spreadsheet of what i have any how many, does anybody else do that?
  • Options
    Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    DCarp2005:
    I have 66 as of right now hopefully i'll be adding to that soon, i have an excel spreadsheet of what i have any how many, does anybody else do that?
    Almost 400 here in Kuwait.

http://cigargeeks.com/humidor/default.asp?action=humidor&member=Steve2010

• Options
    marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    I have about 50-60 here and another 30 or so back in the States
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    300ish..
  • Options
    DCarp2005DCarp2005 Posts: 140
    Steve2010:
    DCarp2005:
    Almost 400 here in Kuwait.

http://cigargeeks.com/humidor/default.asp?action=humidor&member=Steve2010

First of all thank you for your service good sir. Secondly that website is pretty cool, i just have mine on a spreadsheet at home, but i'm thinking about start a list on there. Thanks for the link man.
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know. A coolerfull? Does that count? I would love to start a spreadsheet, but updating it with all the bombs, trades, and smoking would be way too much work. Heck, I took out 30 sticks yesterday alone and sent them off to new homes and I'm anticipating at least 3 packages in the next couple days. This place makes it impossible to keep track. Lol.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    Right now i say i have 40-60.. Which is a lot less then i had last year at this time, but i havent bought much in the last 7 months
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    JHewey:
    Right now i say i have 40-60.. Which is a lot less then i had last year at this time, but i havent bought much in the last 7 months
    Lmao I feel the stopped buying as much part...but I'm still too lazy to count!! I guess my number is a good amount?!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    iduno. i think around 500 or so.
    maybe less. Ive been trying not to buy. i wanna make room for a few boxes ive been keeping an eye on.
  • Options
    Until my humi comes in I have a whopping 17! Hopefully it gets here before my samplers.
  • Options
    mr.wendell1979:
    Until my humi comes in I have a whopping 17! Hopefully it gets here before my samplers.
    Take note of this post and come back and read it in a year. You will be amazed how bad this hobby/pasttime is. Lol.
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    If you ask me, I'm just gonna go with "a lot."

If you ask my wife, she'd say "enough."
  • Options
    blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    I'm somewhere just north of 400. I keep an excel spreadsheet also, with exact dates of receipt since NC mfgrs can't be bothered to provide box codes. Plus it makes it simple to make a =sum(cells) exact inventory count. It can be a pain getting started, but when u have an exact inventory of what you have down to qtys and vitola, its worth the effort.
  • Options
    allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    450-500 range. I too keep a spreadsheet, but never thought of putting dates on it. I never remember to update it.
  • Options
    greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    About 60.....Anyway thats what I tell my wife.......
  • Options
    allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    greg2648:

Damn, am I going to have to play this game with my wife when I get married? She has seen the cooler... damn, should have thought about this before I let her see everything.
  • Options
    chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    greg2648:
    well played but its hard to hide the coolers and humis from my wife to be ;)
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Don't know the exact number but it is 4000+. I am trying to reduce the number to 2000- 1500 for aging and 500 for regular smoking. My goal is to smoke only aged cigars. It is scary to count them in regular basis. I just came back with 23 boxes of Cuban cigars and need more humidors. this is the first time I am considering to add a cooler with knowing I am leaving Nicaragua soon.
  • Options
    chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    allsmokedup:
    greg2648:

Damn, am I going to have to play this game with my wife when I get married? She has seen the cooler... damn, should have thought about this before I let her see everything.
    they are collectible candlesticks of course!
  • Options
    greg2648:
    I just read this line to my wife thinking it was funny. So she asks me how many do I have? 20? 30? I just started laughing. Apparently, she has never opened up the cooler. I somehow managed to finish the conversation without actually saying how many. I did say she could increase the make-up budget, however.
  • Options
    marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    rzaman:
    Don't know the exact number but it is 4000+. I am trying to reduce the number to 2000- 1500 for aging and 500 for regular smoking. My goal is to smoke only aged cigars. It is scary to count them in regular basis. I just came back with 23 boxes of Cuban cigars and need more humidors. this is the first time I am considering to add a cooler with knowing I am leaving Nicaragua soon.
    Baller, just saying
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    This information is currently classified and will not be disclosed until the year 2047
  • Options
    BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    Somewhere in the 100-150 range. Which quite honestly is a bit high and a problem for me considering my smoking rate versus my buying rate........wait it isn't a problem at all who am I kidding.
  • Options
    After reading these posts I'm getting an idea...lol. And looking forward to it.
  • Options
    KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    612 (yes.......spreadsheet system)

I've been between 600 and 700 cigars for 6+ months, so I think the perilous acquisition rate that befalls many of us when returning to, or getting into the hobby, has finally leveled off.

I now only buy at the rate I smoke, and have (and will have from here on out) a good number of well aged cigars to smoke.
    It took me 2+ years to get to this point, but I think I've finally settled in...........

• Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    21! Smoke um if u got um
  • Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    4000 + D A M N bro, u have exactly 3855 more than me. U should start smoking them. Lol
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok just counted holding 50 in my humidor and expecting 20 today so 70
    no matter where you go, there you are.