Home Non Cigar Related
Options

What other American symbols should be banned?

http://www.infowars.com/facebook-deletes-official-alex-jones-page-over-gadsden-flag/

This is just downright ridiculous. That's all I really have to say about it.

Comments

• Options
    mrpillowmrpillow Posts: 464
    Facebook is run and owned by a private individual, it is more than in its right to ban symbols and content of a viewpoint it does not approve of.

I'm not in anyway saying I approve of the point or stance they're taking on the matter, just saying there's no reason they can't.
  • Options
    One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    mrpillow:
    Facebook is run and owned by a private individual, it is more than in its right to ban symbols and content of a viewpoint it does not approve of.

I'm not in anyway saying I approve of the point or stance they're taking on the matter, just saying there's no reason they can't.
    Indeed. If they like, Facebook could delete everyone with blue eyes. I am of the opinion you can't support certain liberties yet be willing to infringe upon others if you do not support.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Not really surprising. When the South Park with muhammed was censored, a bunch of facebook pages sprung up calling for Comedy Central to release the unedited version; a lot of those groups got banned for hate speech. Go figure :-/
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    I realize that it's a private company, and they do have the right and freedom to do what they've done/are doing. I just don't agree. I just feel like they're infringing upon someone for supporting something. Some of the people that have the Gadsen Flag on their page might not even support this man or the Tea Parties. It's a social networking site where people share who they are and their ideas. There shouldn't be this kind of meddling unless someone is threatening harm against someone or harassing someone. Just my two cents.
  • Options
    mrpillowmrpillow Posts: 464
    The only two cents that matter here are those of the person who owns the company.

Again, I completely agree that the logic behind this is stupid and they're stupid for doing it, but they're well within their rights to do so.
  • Options
    One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    I don't agree with it either. However, I wouldn;t want to see someone stopped from excercising control of their own property. I still believe the most effective way of protesting is voting with your "feet". If you feel that strongly about it, I would urge you to cancel your Facebook account and urge others to do the same.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    The truth be known, many of our so called leaders would like too shut up the resistance too, they just don't have the nads to try it!. In my estimation this is the reason the founders of the republic intentionally provided an amendment to keep the citizenry armed.