Home Non Cigar Related

What toothpaste?

Clearly all you cigar smokers have stank mouth. What toothpaste do you use?

Comments

• jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Posts: 294
    I use Tom's of Maine Peppermint. I don't use it because it's all organic and not tested on animals or any of that other trendy hipster type things. I use it because it is awesome.
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    Crest Pro-Health

• cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    bacon.jay:
    Crest Pro-Health

+1
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Whatever the wiife buys and as long as she is OK with it what difference does it make?
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    It's not so much the toothpaste as it is the brush. I use a sonic brush fo 2 minutes. Really does not matter what toothpaste I use with that toothbrush.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I mix aquafresh and aim gel and use several tooth brushes one of them is electric.
    I need to look into that sonic brush thing.
    Wish I could get rid of the tar stains (f'n cigars). Also doesn't help that I drink tea like a fish.

• xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    stephen_hannibal:
    Also doesn't help that I drink tea like a fish.

Those whitening tooth strips that they sell for $30 does wonders
    xmacro:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Also doesn't help that I drink tea like a fish.

Those whitening tooth strips that they sell for $30 does wonders
    Got any links?

• docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Aquafresh something or other.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Colgate Max Fresh.

then listerine.
  • bigbgballzbigbgballz Posts: 283
    Mentadent, listerine, and if i can get ahold of german Lacalut. That is one fine toothpaste!
  • vegassparkyvegassparky Posts: 365
    on the weekdays i use crest pro health with my sonic care. but on the weekend i dip my cheap oral B in jack daniels and brush my hangover away.
    xmacro:
    Sounds weird but I have never seen any of that stuff outside of a dentist chair.
    Going to have to place an order now. Thanks for the heads up.

• TheedgeTheedge Posts: 316
    After having some gum problems, and surgery, and then they were getting bad again, I ended up researching on line. What I ended up buying was a Hydrofloss Oral Irrigator. I mix a bit of peroxide in along with the water, or listerine. I also use Rembrandt tooth paste with a sonic tooth brush. No more gum problems, and my teeth are white. Had my dentist told me about the Hydrofloss....I don't think I ever would have needed the $5000.00 surgery.
    The hydrofloss is another water pick. great to have and use. but if you want to whiten your teeth go to the dentist. They make you a custom tray that fits to your teeth. and the bleeching solution they use works way better and faster. store bought is a joke. you will spend more money up front at the dentist. but less money in the long run. and your teeth will be alot whiter. the best part is you wear the whitening tray the dentist gives you about fifteen minutes a day. the strips take alot longer and they miss alot of area on teeth. I got my trays 3 weeks before my wedding ( 4 months ago ) and i couldnt believe how white my teeth got in the 2 week treatment. ask a dentist !
  • TheedgeTheedge Posts: 316
    I had actually tried the water pik brand first, it didn't blast off the plaque film like the Hydro Floss. After using this device my numbers (where they measure your gums) got noticeably better. It also got rid of any staining between my teeth. They asked if I had quit smoking cigars in fact. I didn't even purchase it for the reason of whitening teeth, I was just after gum health, sort of got a two for one deal out of it.
  • Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    jpclotfelter:
    I use Tom's of Maine Peppermint. I don't use it because it's all organic and not tested on animals or any of that other trendy hipster type things. I use it because it is awesome.
    +1 My wife gets it because its organic but I just plain like it. I do like that its organic but not the main reason I like it.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    I use a baby pinecone and dip it in diesel fuel.
    ENFIDL:
    you only do that to show off ! the rest of us mortals still have our taste buds. with much respect !
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    vegassparky:
    ENFIDL:
    you only do that to show off ! the rest of us mortals still have our taste buds. with much respect !
    This is true. I'm sure I wouldn't do it if I could taste at all anymore.....lolz
  • LeftFiveLeftFive Posts: 184 ✭✭
    I've been using Nature's Gate Creme de Anise. That's anise the plant, not whatever my retching girlfriend called it after picking the wrong tube in the dark.

Question to the Crest Pro-Health users: how can you stand that stuff?
    I've bought it two times now, in different flavors and there's something so vile tasting that I've thrown it away both times after trying to make myself brush with it. Adding insult to injury it dried my mouth out and left it's terrible taste for hours after brushing.
    Granted, my toothpaste of choice tastes like black licorice, so I'm willing to entertain the idea it might be me.

Also, what kind of Listerine do you guys that use it use? I use the yellow poison flavor, but I've noticed they have a lot of other choices I might like more. Preferably something that's not too overpowering.
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    vegassparky:
    on the weekdays i use crest pro health with my sonic care. but on the weekend i dip my cheap oral B in jack daniels and brush my hangover away.
    LOL that's awesome!