Home General Discussion
Options

best right off the truck

I was just sitting here trying to figure out what to smoke tonight and while going through the list of possible sticks I found myself thinking "no not enough rest on them yet". Then I got to my box of La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte's and remembered I had one of these when they were just delivered were pretty damn good right off the truck. So what if any sticks have you had right off the truck and thought they were damn good right then?

Comments

• Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Hmm..it's been a while since I've had something OTT. I recall the Nica Libre fared pretty well.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I'm probably alone on this one, but I like the Diesel off the truck. The pepper/spice and coffee are all more distinct when they are fresh. After they rest for a few months they're still good, but for some reason I just enjoy them more when the flavors are still a bit sharp.
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Russ55:
    I'm probably alone on this one, but I like the Diesel fresh. The pepper/spice and coffee are all more distinct when they are fresh. After they rest for a while they're still good, but for some reason I just enjoy them when the flavors are still a bit sharp.
    You are not alone good sir, I agree! It's amazing either way though....lol
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    ENFIDL:
    Russ55:
    I'm probably alone on this one, but I like the Diesel fresh. The pepper/spice and coffee are all more distinct when they are fresh. After they rest for a while they're still good, but for some reason I just enjoy them when the flavors are still a bit sharp.
    That's interesting. I smoked the Diesel pretty much OTT back when it was released last year and I thought the cigar was a bit rough around the edges. It was good, but what I perceived to be harshness took a little away from the cigar. After a couple of months, I smoked another one and the rest really smoothed the edges and the flavors were more enjoyable for me.
  • Options
    vegassparkyvegassparky Posts: 365
    Russ55:
    I'm probably alone on this one, but I like the Diesel off the truck. The pepper/spice and coffee are all more distinct when they are fresh. After they rest for a few months they're still good, but for some reason I just enjoy them more when the flavors are still a bit sharp.
    you aren't alone brother. i seem to always smoke atleast one when they get off the truck. i have been trying to keep a few in the humi, be it this or the shorty. there is always one offered up to the cigar gods, when they get here.
  • Options
    Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    ENFIDL:
    Russ55:
    Do you think the same way about the Shorty? I had one of those with only 2 weeks on it and thought that it needed a few months before I would try it again. I have not had the Unholy Coctail so I cant compair.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    My favorites off the truck are Diesel, Gurkha Cuban Legacy, and La Estrella Cubana......... I haven't really had any bad experiences with something right off the truck from Ccom. It's gotta be the water pillows. If I order from someone else who doesn't use the pillows, I always allow for 2 weeks rest.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    vegassparkyvegassparky Posts: 365
    Dustin1981:
    ENFIDL:
    Russ55:
    Do you think the same way about the Shorty? I had one of those with only 2 weeks on it and thought that it needed a few months before I would try it again. I have not had the Unholy Coctail so I cant compair.
    The shorty is alot spicier. but yes i think it is good straight of the truck
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    If you can find them, Illusione cigars are a flavor bomb and best, in my opinion fresher. It seems that with aging the flavors meld and the changing profile is lost. This is not to say they are not good aged, but better fresh.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Hey Kas, how's it going? I agree on the Illusione, although I will say that I think rest brings out a certain quality the fresh sticks just don't have, and one that I appreciate...total flavor bombs fresh though.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey Joe check your PM. Yes I do enjoy those Illusione when I can find them.
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    ENFIDL:
    Russ55:
    +2
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Dustin1981:
    ENFIDL:
    Russ55:
    I actually haven't had a chance to have one yet. So far I haven't seen them at a price I like. I will definitely try one fresh when I have the opportunity.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    cholmes8310:
    ENFIDL:
    Russ55:
    +2

+3

• Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555

Im hearing from folks here that decades are best off the truck without any age.

• Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    I really enjoyed the Puros Indios Viejo Maduro right OTT, very tasty with a nice spice to it
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    illinoisgolf99:
    I really enjoyed the Puros Indios Viejo Maduro right OTT, very tasty with a nice spice to it
    MWA HA HA HA...

• Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Oddly enough, I think MOW Virtue taste the best when they're right off the truck, or within 3 or 4 days. After a week, they start tasting funny, and I usually need to let them rest for another week or two before they taste right again
  • Options
    cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    ENFIDL:
    Russ55:
    +4
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    +5 on the Diesel. I usually wait a few days to a few weeks before I smoke something from a new delivery. However, with the Diesel I couldn't wait and it was great!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    the legend ario is best fresh in my mind as well.