Home General Discussion
Options

Edge Sumatra coming back

So, i know a bunch of guys around here are Edge Sumatra fans and were bummed when it was pulled.

Looks like it's coming back but in a limited release of 2000 trays of 50. Just posting in case anyone was interested. Never had it, so I'm impartial.

Comments

• Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Oh man I'm sooooooo turned off by this cigar and the Lies that surround it.
    Krieg knows what I'm talking about.

• Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Was this the one that wasnt then was the renasaince?
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    Fourtotheflush:
    Was this the one that wasnt then was the renasaince?
    then wasn't again???
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    Oh man I'm sooooooo turned off by this cigar and the Lies that surround it.
    Krieg knows what I'm talking about.

LOL, yup...I wonder if the RP Rennisance is now going away....OR becoming the "NEW" Edge sumatra

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    I am still going to get a couple of these because I'm curious, and compare them, and see how they differ from the Renn, I wish I had some of the Original Edge Sumatras too, but oh well.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    I bought 5 from an event with Rocky there over the weekend. Smoked one so far. Pretty similar, but a little more spicy that the original which I didnt see much spice in. I would not say it was the same as the original, but good in its own right----even though I hate the lies as well with this stick. BTW, I also got a 15th Anniversary Patel that I have not smoked yet but looks to be amazing and goes into full release on August 1st.
  • Options
    I am looking forward to the 15th Anniv. I really like the Decade Torp, so I'm hoping I'll like this one too.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Smoking it now Krieg....Rocky told me it was "like the Decade on steriods" and he is actually right on. Same great flavors, but even more bold and complex. Full bodied, but smooth as hell. Slight sweetness to go with what seems to be a little pepper, spice, and oak. I am p!ssed I only bought one that night, but they are gonna be a keeper.
  • Options
    Vulchor:
    Smoking it now Krieg....Rocky told me it was "like the Decade on steriods" and he is actually right on. Same great flavors, but even more bold and complex. Full bodied, but smooth as hell. Slight sweetness to go with what seems to be a little pepper, spice, and oak. I am p!ssed I only bought one that night, but they are gonna be a keeper.
    Good to hear! I will probably try to find some of these in Aug. I just hope my local B&M is going to get them soon, cuz if I like them enough I will probably get a box

"Long ashes my friends."